Lee PrecisionWidenersLoad DataRepackbox
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Bullet trap plans??

Boolit Mold

Bullet trap plans??

Has anybody come up with a good plan for a bullet trap to recycle some of your lead with? The only plan that I could come up with online was this one http://www.reloadammo.com/backstop.htm . Thanks.

Boolit Bub

trap

If you want to make this one a little safer,dig a hole under trap to colect the lead,Might want something to keep it from.NRA reloading book had some in it a few years ago.

Boolit Buddy

Boolit Mold
    I have been useing a 55 gal barrels filled with sand for 15 years. plastic or steel. It works great. cut a half moon out of one end. Half the end. leave one inch around the top edge to screw plywood, or black fiber board over the end to put your target on. Just set it out at the yardage you will be shooting at. You can make a stand to put the barrel in but it works better, just laying on the ground. It also works better if you keep the sand wet. That keeps down the dust when you collect your bullets and it stops the bullets better. I made a sieve out of 1/4 inch hardware cloth. Just shovel and sift over an old wash tub or old tarp. If this is not clear I will take a picture and post it. Whip

Whip,
    You're a genius !! That is why I have been dragging home the plastic barrels for years. I think I will try one in sand and one in rubber mulch. My barn is 60 feet long and I am going to make an indoor range to play in the winter and nasty days. I was thinking a bin filled with rubber mulch. I have a 30 gal shop vac with 3" suction would work to clean it with. Suck out mulch, shovel out lead and pour mulch back in. Now to find the rubber mulch. I think I will wait till it warms and buy some course river sand for outside range. Jay
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Boolit Mold
    Yea, and I have not had to buy lead in all that time. My friends come over and shoot and I get all their lead. LOL It is easy to separate the pure lead round balls and jacked from the hard bullets. My Mama always said waste not want not. I use to really shoot alot. 150 lbs. of black powder a year. It adds up. I feel bad when I shoot at a steel gong. Wasting lead. LOL.