Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2Wideners
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Titan Reloading

Thread: Beretta A400 28 gauge

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately

Beretta A400 28 gauge

Has anyone here had a chance to handle and shoot one of the little guys? I am a 28 gauge nut and this really intrigues me. I'm a bit curious as to whether the very light weight makes it feel a bit "whippy". My 1100 LT weighs in at a bit over 7 lbs and is a joy to shoot. Swings and points wonderfully. But, as the years go by, I'm thinking the lighter weight might be a good thing since my reaction time and strength slowed and ebbed a little.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

I don't own a 28 but have shot them some as one of my shooting buddys has one. They do seem light when you first give them a try, but as you say can be good or bad just a personal choice. I own A 20ga. Beretta OU and a12ga. Beretta 391 Auto and have nothing but good things to say about them. GP

Boolit Master

havent played with a 28, i i do own an A400 12ga. pretty happy with the gun. now i dont know what the magazine cap is on the 28 for sure, but beretta does sell different weight caps for the A400. i put the next heavier one on mine, and it turned it from a tad light in the muzzle, to just right for me. id really suggest tracking one down and mounting and swinging it, as everyone feels something a little different. in my case im used to a fairly heavy citori XT o/u so had to get more weight out front.

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately
    Quote Originally Posted by gpidaho View Post
    I don't own a 28 but have shot them some as one of my shooting buddys has one. They do seem light when you first give them a try, but as you say can be good or bad just a personal choice. I own A 20ga. Beretta OU and a12ga. Beretta 391 Auto and have nothing but good things to say about them. GP
    I also have a 391 Urika and a 20/28 combo EELL O/U. More years ago than I really want to think about, my best friend introduced me to the wonderful world of Beretta shotguns with a 20 gauge Silver Snipe. Generally I am a mediocre shot with a shotgun at best, but it was a whole new world then, to actually be able to hit something on the wing. I've never picked up a Beretta shotgun that didn't feel right.

I've checked all the stores in this area and no one has the 28 gauge model. However, since it looks a lot like a scaled down 391 I'll probably get one, but at $1300 or so, I thought I'd see if there was any serious down side.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!