RepackboxTitan ReloadingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Wideners Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any CZ 452 Owners???

Boolit Master

I have a 452 varmint barrel. It has a cheap Barska 3-9x. I have shot it a little but it has shot5/8" at 50y. With Augils std. Velocity.'

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wv109323 View Post
    I have a 452 varmint barrel. It has a cheap Barska 3-9x. I have shot it a little but it has shot5/8" at 50y. With Augils std. Velocity.'
    Hi,
    From what I'm reading with a few tweeks (floating barrel, pillars,bedding, trigger,ect.) people are getting close to 3/8" at 50 yds with the right ammo!

A good scope helps too!
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    You keep on talking about CZ rifles and you make my itch get worse !! I emailed them asking about left handed 22 magnums and so far they have no news or rumor about the next run of them

I like the T-bolt but not as much as the CZ .... they are available though .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Stanley View Post
    You keep on talking about CZ rifles and you make my itch get worse !! I emailed them asking about left handed 22 magnums and so far they have no news or rumor about the next run of them

I like the T-bolt but not as much as the CZ .... they are available though .

Jack
    Hi Jack,
    Thanks for the info! I never warmed up to T-Bolts although believe they are an excellent rifle! My taste seems to be running to European types lately (looking for a Tikka also)

On my CZ 452 American,I backed the set nut out as far as it will go with the factory trigger spring and bathed the trigger and sear catch points with some MOLY lube I get from my job and I'm content right now with the trigger.

Stock is good for me although I will have to lengthen it for my LOP. The barrel is good and should have all the accuracy I need. A decent scope, rings, and I should be good. Might even splurge later for some nice bottom metal and a tactical bolt handle!

It IS nice to have the bolt handle on the "right" side!
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Boolit Master
    I love my CZ 452. It is minute-of-squirrel at 100 yds with CCI Stingers and a 4x Scope.

Banned
    An acquaintance purchased a CZ .22 caliber bolt action (don't recall the model number) and that thing would shoot extremely small groups. I was very impressed with the accuracy of that rifle and if I was in the market for a .22 rimfire, the CZ would be on my list.

Boolit Master

Calamity Jake

NRA Life Member
    SASS 15704
    Shoot straight, keepem in the ten ring.

seagiant , the crazy thing is I was looking for a lefty 22 magnum when I bought my 527 left hand LUX last December . Even though I have loads all around the 22 magnum in performance I still want ....... there's that word a nice rim fire rifle . I can't afford a Cooper , no one is letting go of the old Kimbers so I'm left with CZ and Browning .

I love the set trigger on the 527 , but I still need to adjust the regular function of the trigger when I get time .

Jack

Black Rifles Matter

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    Jake,wow! VERY nice group! Hope mine will do that when I get it all together!

I grew up with a Rem."TargetMaster" in the 60"s! It was a single action and had a "trough" to drop the cartridge on and then run the bolt in. When the squirrels were thick and heavy I would hold a few .22's in my mouth so I could load on the run!

Jack, I have a "tactical" AR-15 with a Aimpoint M2 red dot for CQB, and I'm happy with that as I can reload for it. The CZ452 is for cheap plinking and varmits although I will not shoot anything unless there is no other way around it!

I don't see a .22mag in my future although they seem to be popular. Good luck in your search and yes "Coopers" are out of my league!

Boolit Master

Great rifle!! With the right ammo, it can shoot better than I can. I have a Leupold on mine and it is a joy to shoot. I have not shot it in a year due to the ammo shortage and I sure miss it. You can't go wrong getting one.
    May all your bullets find the Bullseye.

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    Well,still trying to set the rifle up. Made some pillars for it and opened up the stock a little to make sure the barrel was free floated. I'm going to wait and see how it shoots before doing a total bed job! Still waiting on parts to set it up like I want!

Also got my DIP scope mount so I can use any Weaver type rings that I want. Also looks good to me!
    Last edited by seagiant; 09-13-2014 at 12:42 PM.

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    Well got the Graco butt pad extender on. I don't know who CZ was trying to please with their 13"LOP on this rifle??? To long for a kid and to short for an adult?

Had to wait on belts for my belt grinder. Still waiting on a pair of Burris Zee Rings. Only rings I have now are the ARMS #22's that are excellent but way overkill for this application. I am going to use my Weaver 3X10X40 Tac for the time being. If you run the power down it will focus just fine for closer ranges!

I was going to get a CZ but I ran into an absolute steal on a Kimber 22 Hunter that I couldn't pass on!
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Boolit Master

I bought my 452 military trainer (plain wood Lux) when I was working in a gunshop maybe 13-14 years ago. Nice thing about working behind the scenes - you can pick through the test targets that come with the riles. I plugged a Rifle Basix sear into it to clean up the trigger, but otherwise have left it alone. It has repeatedly done five shot, dime-sized groups at 50Y with Wolf Match Target. I've REALLY got to feed it some Eley one of these days. . .

Scoping it with the rear tangent sight was a bit problematic. It started with a Weaver 2-7 on the stock CZ rings because the original intent was for pest control. When I realized it was something truly special in the accuracy department, I put a Weaver 4-16 on it, but that required going to tall BKL rings that were never very comfortable to shoot with. I've recently installed a Leupold VX2 3-9 EFR which is sitting on BKL rings lower than those required for the 4-16, but a little higher than the CZ factory rings. Still getting to know that one, but I think I've finally found glass worthy of the gun.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Master
    Unusual experience; I had one, It shot very well, I really wanted to like the rifle, because my wife gave it to me for a retirement present. QC problems with the bolt led to frequent hang-ups. Factory response was that I didn't know how to operate a bolt action. None of my other bolt actions ever gave a problem. Seeing my disappointment, my wife suggested a sale. I wouldn't mind having another, or the 455 American...if I could be sure I wouldn't have to experience another round of frustration and disappointment. But really, I would rather have an Anschutz.
    Last edited by sniper; 12-18-2014 at 01:17 AM.

Boolit Master

Just bought a 455. don't have enough down the pipe to truly know, but I do like it very much. It shot cheaper CCI green tag something or other just as well as the fancy federal super duper match $20 for 50 rounds stuff. Also a military trainer with the tangent rear sight. Bought for offhand irons shooting at 25-100 yards. Needless to say it doesn't do what the folks on rimfire central can do, but I wouldn't expect it to seeing as I shoot offhand unrested. Covers the need and handles like a decent bolt rifle.

Bought CZ452 Super Lux with the 28.5" barrel years ago and love it! If I could see it through my 3x9 scope I could hit it. Was not picky about ammo either.

Boolit Master

I had to choose between the 455 miliraty trainer and that 452. Hard choice. Ended up choosing for barrel swap ability. If not for that, I would have loved ot have the extra barrel length and the 452 name.

Of course it was not till after I bought the 455 that I find out that rimfire central considers the 452 more accurate than the 455. Oh well. Mine seems plenty accurate.

I would have had a hard time with a choice like that Whiterabbit . Fortunately the shop I found my 452LH at did not have the 455 military trainer . I shoot a lot of offhand too and it would have been hard but being a lefty I'm happy with the 452 American .

Jack

Black Rifles Matter

Boolit Master
    My Brno was bought new in the UK for £30 10 shillings and sixpence in 1970. It has a straight top to the butt and the receiver is dated 1968. so I suppose it stayed in store for a while after Dubcek's 1968 bid for democracy. It is the only frequently used firearm I can claim to have kept in virtually mint condition, except for silver soldering an inclined rectangular bead into the front sight blade (which I've never used), and replacing the rather loud foxy-red varnish with an oil finish. It is marvelous what having to count every penny can do for you.

There were only some pretty dreadful aluminium scope rings available at the time, so I ordered projectionless rings and bases to fit the dovetail from Conetrol, who have outlasted a lot of far larger companies. My Leupold 3-9x Vari-x II clears the bolt lever by only a tenth of an inch or so, but that is fine as long as you don't more often shoot rifles which are different that way. Similarly it has one of the best safeties on any rimfire rifle, although you have to be used to it. It lifts the firing pin off the sear, which I consider far superior to any trigger acting safety.

I will have to be very far gone in senility before I forget the serial number, or how to strip the bolt in two seconds. I used to reflect on that, with much muttering, every two or three years, when I had to strip and clean a friend's BSA bolt. I don't believe he ever did dare to tell his wife, a woman of character, that vegetable oil is not a gun lubricant.
    Last edited by Ballistics in Scotland; 12-20-2014 at 12:57 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast