WidenersRotoMetals2Load DataReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Repackbox

Thread: Backordering Powder

Boolit Buddy

Backordering Powder

Do you folks know of powder vendors whom are accepting backorders and good about filling them??
    At this point I have enough powder to last me through the year and would like get an 8lb keg of Winchester Autocomp. I am willing to prepay and don't mind waiting.

Boolit Master
    Powder Valley will let you go through the motions of a backorder but they cancel it I believe. I was trying a backorder through them and I have not received a cancellation,

Boolit Master
    welp

We are currently not accepting backorders for any items that show out of stock on the website. We are canceling your order. If you would like to place an order online for in stock items we would be glad to process your order.
    Thanks,

Powder Valley
    620-229-8685

Boolit Buddy
    At the moment I am trying Graf & Sons who are currently accepting orders for Winchester powders. They are a company I have done business with in the past and from what I have read many folks have had good luck with them although they might be a little slow. Theyhave always treated me well. There is a company called Bruno Shooters Supply taking backorders but their prices are too high for me.

Boolit Master

+1 on Grafs. They say that they will fill backorders in the order that they are received as powder is available. I have had an order in since May.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Buddy
    I figure an 8lb jug of AutoComo will take awhile as manufacturers tend to fill 1lb cans first but I'm not in a greatt hurry but on the good side AutoComp has been one of the more available powders since all of this started.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by pworley1 View Post
    +1 on Grafs. They say that they will fill backorders in the order that they are received as powder is available. I have had an order in since May.
    I have had an order for powder from Grafs backordered since mid-Dec 2013. Of course 'm not sure they make Unique any more.

Boolit Buddy
    Unique is still in production, in fact I got a couple pounds earlier this summer at a local gunshop. The problem is it happens to be one of the oldest, most versaitle and best loved powders out there so it is scarce as hen's teeth.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by LubeckTech View Post
    Unique is still in production, in fact I got a couple pounds earlier this summer at a local gunshop. The problem is it happens to be one of the oldest, most versaitle and best loved powders out there so it is scarce as hen's teeth.
    I was just kidding in my post. But as popular as the old standbys are you'd think they'd concentrate on them. If you look at what's available you could get the idea all they are running is 50 BMG powder.