Inline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad Data
RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ultimate Cannelure Tool

Boolit Buddy
    Simply awesome piece of kit!

Boolit Master

I'm totally new to reloading for a rifle. I will be loading 308's and your information is again gonna make me poor by getting one of these thingies that Kevin's selling lol Sure don't wanna mess up my rifle and I've seen too many boolits either set in or out due to the lack of a good groove. Thanks again for the input and I'll be checking with Kevin shortly
    Gun Control means hitting what you aim at!

Certified NRA Pistol Instructor
    Life Member of the NRA
    Life Member of the Disabled American Veterans Association

Super Moderator Emeritus
    I have totally switched to the Uct.
    Use it for all the different bullets I swage even my half jacket pistol bullets.
    Easy to set up and fast to do a couple of hundred bullets, thank you Chuckbuster.

Banned
    Is there an accuracy advantage to a cannelured round?

The Cannelure allows you a positive crimp regardless of bullet you are using. Many are not made with a groove of course which makes crimping more difficult. Effect on Accuracy is a long running debate. Some say it will give you more consistent bullet pull without having a "Match" Chamber and turning necks to match it, neck size dies to match the Chamber and Brass etc etc. Other side feels crimping is unnecessary, overworks case mouths thus shortening life, or causes higher/excess pressure.
    The big advantage is a positive crimp helps keep the bullet at the seating depth you have chosen. Recoil can either cause the bullets of cartridges in a magazine gradually inertia pull out of the case, getting longer to the point they can jam or bind an action. Some situations they can get driven deeper into the case, effectively reducing case capacity which will cause high pressures.
    Going by your name you may be interested in the fact that the current version of our UCT was developed due to requests for a tool that would accommodate the very long .30 cal Match bullets by Sierra and Berger (225gr and 230gr respectively) that are used in .300 Blackout Subsonic Suppressed loads.
    Thanx for your interest, I hope this info helps and I am sure others will chime in.
    Kevin
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? (Sgt. Oddball, KELLY'S HEROES)
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    my feedback thread
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

Banned
    I'd like one, I'm working on a swaging outfit at the moment, then I think I want to get a cannelure tool. It will be a while. Had a brass over bolt situation the other day because I forgot to crimp. Got me thinking about crimping again.

Sounds good, we try to keep a tool or two built and ready to go. Just drop me a note when you are ready and we can work out the details. A PM will get my attention the quickest.
    Thank you for your interest in the UCT
    Kevin
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? (Sgt. Oddball, KELLY'S HEROES)
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    my feedback thread
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

Banned
    Cool. Sounds like a plan.

Banned
    Payment Sent. !

Banned
    I just got the tool, and WOW ! What a nicely made little machine, I love it! It's even numbered. Sweet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12