Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWideners
Load Data Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bacon Wrapped Cheese Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Col4570 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on the recipes,at the butchers this morning for streaky bacon,going to try Jalapenos cheddar cheese stuffed and wrapped with bacon and grilled.
    The aroma of coming off the grill is amazing. You are in for a treat.
    I Googled Jalapeño Poppers, and there are a zillion recipes and combo's.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

My wife is not into heavy heat, so she buys these bags of yellow, orange, and red sweet peppers that are about the size of jalapenos. They make a delicious popper, too. We usually have leftovers, so she wraps three of them (after removing the toothpicks) into a tortilla and freezes them for lunches. Dredge some of your favorite hot sauce on them, and they are excellent.

Fourarmed, thats a good idea. My wife dont like the hot either.
    Its hard to beat a popper straight form the grill, but those sweet peppers actually sound really good.
    Have to try that.

Boolit Master
    I did the Cheese stuffed Bacon wrapped Jalapenos with Potato Waffles and grilled own grown Tomatoes.Wow lovely surprisingly hot but leaving a nice after burn.I have some little round peppers growing described as cherry peppers,they are horrendously hot but might be a good addition to cooked dishes when used in moderation.

Boolit Grand Master
    Cherry peppers aren't usually overpowering hot. Are you sure you have cherry peppers and not something else??
    I just found out about the potato pancakes done in a waffle iron.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Master
    Yes I could be wrong about the Cherries.These are extreme.

Boolit Master
    I had a Fresno Pepper sliced on cold Roast Beef on a Bapp (large Roll) last night.a little hotter than a Jalapeno but with the seeds and pith removed quite tasty.The Fresnos and Jalapenos look similar with the Fresnos a paler green.Going to have a pickling session this week so that I can have a winter supply.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by fourarmed View Post
    My wife is not into heavy heat, so she buys these bags of yellow, orange, and red sweet peppers that are about the size of jalapenos. They make a delicious popper, too. We usually have leftovers, so she wraps three of them (after removing the toothpicks) into a tortilla and freezes them for lunches. Dredge some of your favorite hot sauce on them, and they are excellent.
    I've made these often. Used the multi-colered peppers for salads about the size of a Jalapeno. Cut tops off, insert a "Lil Smokie" Oscar Meyer cocktail weenier, fill up pepper with vegetable flavor cream cheese with some rub mixed in, wrap in bacon and sprinkle on more rub. Put in a metal strainer so they stand up and smoke for an hour. We tried regular and turkey bacon, everybody liked the turkey bacon better, it crisped up. Only thing I know of that the turkey bacon was better.
    Made them one thanksgiving when everybody was hungry and the turkey wasn't ready. two batches went in a flash. (Even saw my Aunt who doesn't like peppers - go beck for seconds, not that she would admit to liking them)

Paul in WNY
    Think you can, or think you can't. Either way your right.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12