Thread: Schmidt-Rubin rifles at gander mountian

Boolit Master

Schmidt-Rubin rifles at gander mountian

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140907_103248[1].jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	115719

sorry for the poor photo but gander mountain has a bunch of Schmidt-Rubin rifles, and a mauser. this store is in Johnson City NY, looks like 399.00 each, just wanted to share

Boolit Master
    At the risk of being called pedantic, The 4 rifles in question are actually not Schmidt-Rubin's, they are Swiss K31's.

Messrs Schmidt and Rubin were long gone when these rifles were designed by Col Furrer.

ukrifleman.
    Last edited by ukrifleman; 09-07-2014 at 01:06 PM.

Boolit Master
    thanks for the correction, they are labeled as Schmidt-Rubin, did not remember the model as i was there for ammo, still look like nice guns.

Boolit Master
    If they have been looked after they will be superb shooters, the nearest thing to a match grade rifle to be issued to troops.

Swiss GP11 ammo is also a cut above the average military round. Used together, they are capable of amazing accuracy.

A shooting buddy has achieved sub MOA groups at 1000 yards with this combo, with his scoped K31.

ukrifleman.

Quote Originally Posted by ukrifleman View Post
    At the risk of being called pedantic, The 4 rifles in question are actually not Schmidt-Rubin's, they are Swiss K31's.
    Yeah, but I knew what he meant.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master
    If they have been looked after they will be superb shooters, the nearest thing to a match grade rifle to be issued to troops.

Swiss GP11 ammo is also a cut above the average military round. Used together, they are capable of amazing accuracy.

A shooting buddy has achieved sub MOA groups at 1000 yards with this combo, with his scoped K31.

ukrifleman.
    i dont have 400 to part with or i might have grabbed one

Boolit Master

In addition to K-31s, our local GM has a few K-11s, too...same price: $399+tax. Even it the price were knocked down a bit, I wouldn't buy either of the K-11s I looked at without running a couple patches through the bore...both were filthy and I don't think I was seeing cosmoline! Also had a rack of rearsenaled M91/30s (cheap reblue, sanded/varnished stocks, renumbered bolts, etc.) for $189.

Bill
    Last edited by Kraschenbirn; 09-09-2014 at 08:57 AM.
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Buddy
    I got a 1911 a while back and the bore was brown. Guess what, 1 patch and it was bright and looked like new. The brown on the patch matched the color of the grease in the can that came with the rifle. The man that's name on the troop tag under the butt plate took good care of his rifle.

Boolit Master
    they were still there today, so they either have a bunch or no takers

In Remembrance

ukrifleman.

Not to doubt your veracity, but do you mean 100 yds or perhaps the 1000 inch range for a "sub MOA group"?Robert

Correct me if I'm wrong but, sub MOA is less than a 1" at 100, less than 2" at 200 an so on to less than 10" at a thousand. And is very possible and probable with this combination of scope, gp11 and k31.

Don't buy the K31's, they cary a very servere condition called the Swiss flu. Once you got it, you got it, there's no known cure. Til death do you part!

What was that address again!?

The best dies to use are Redding. They are cut specifically for the K-31 chamber. As much as I like Lee dies, Lee dies for this caliber can sometimes lead to misfires.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 1johnlb View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but, sub MOA is less than a 1" at 100, less than 2" at 200 an so on to less than 10" at a thousand. And is very possible and probable with this combination of scope, gp11 and k31.

Don't buy the K31's, they cary a very servere condition called the Swiss flu. Once you got it, you got it, there's no known cure. Til death do you part!

What was that address again!?
    I already have the Finn flu that my turn into something else, that gander mtn. is in upstate Ny

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardcast416taylor View Post
    Not to doubt your veracity, but do you mean 100 yds or perhaps the 1000 inch range for a "sub MOA group"?Robert
    I meant exactly what I said, my shooting buddy achieved a best group of 9" and a worst group of 12" at 1000 yards with his scoped k31, using GP11 ammunition.

Verified I am reliably informed, by a marine sniper who acted as his spotter at Quantico WV.

ukrifleman

Quote Originally Posted by Remiel View Post
    I already have the Finn flu that my turn into something else, that gander mtn. is in upstate Ny
    Yup! got the Finn flu too! My M39 Sako is one fine shooting rifle. Every load, every boolit, it's not picky at all what you feed it, it hits the mark everytime. I don't think you even have to aim, just point and shoot.

But there's something about that straight pull. Just plain fun and it shoots good too!

If your interested in the K31 look on SIMPSON'S LTD under military rifles and swiss for some other choices and prices. WARNING, use this page at your own risk!!!!! Fine people, just selling highly addictive stuff!

Banned

was it that long ago these 31's were all over the place for 99 bucks?
    I bought 2 and chopped one up [bubbarized it] for a hunting rifle.
    I guess I could get my hundred back if I wanted to.

Boolit Master
    I bought two in '05, the first one was priced at $99 and the second was $79.

Boolit Master

I often get MOA performance from my K-31 and I have all the way out to 600 yards with jacketed SMK bullets. With cast boolits it's generally a sub 2 MOA rifle. My son's K-31 performs similarly.

Probably the most cost effective $99 dollars I ever spent!
    Keep your powder dry,

Scharf

You Gents are just trying to make me feel bad that I payed 250-300 for most of mine and 425 for my 1911 S&R. Well it's not going to work I just feel younger than YA'LL.

Is there a Warsaw Pact flu? Symptoms are USSR 91/30 and M44, Romanian SKS, Polish TT-33, Bulgarian Makarov, Czech CZ-52.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast