Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad DataWideners
Lee Precision Repackbox

Thread: Shipping with USPS

Boolit Master

Shipping with USPS

I have about had it with the USPS and the way they treat packages. They offer boxes that if it fits it ships with insurance and tracing. Then they toss it around till it breaks open then it gets "lost" for over 3 weeks. Two days after I put in for the insurance, the package is "found" but address unknown!! Where is the address label...they knew where it was to go when I sent it.

Well a week later it gets to the person but it was 40 pounds lighter!!! Then today I get a letter that my claim was turned down because the package arrived. Never mind that a post office somewhere has 40 # of my shot rolling around (hope it jammed up everything).

Anyway, now I have to reship another box with the same dumb outfit and hope this one gets there!!! I sent other boxes packaged the same way and they got there in good shape.

I'm not going to give up on the insurance so they may waste my time but I'll waste their time too.
    May all your bullets find the Bullseye.

Boolit Man

Yeah good luck with that.....I still do not know where 200+ 300bo brass went...got an empty box to show for it...tx

Perma-Banned

Well, just don't use USPS.

I have great service and will continue.

Boolit Master
    I have had good luck shipping with USPS. I stopped one day and watched the postal deliverers load their cars. They stuck mail in there anywhere and way they could regardless of the weather. So all my packages have a double wrap of clear packing tape with the shipping sticker inside the tape job. Double tyvek bag for the items inside and stuffing enough to keep everything "tight". So far it's worked. I had one package make it from NC to Cal in two days and the delivery lady was rolling it up the sidewalk end over end when she was seen by the recipient. Lucky that all 60lbs of PB was still there.

Boolit Master
    I always pack a box they way I would like to receive it. It may cost a bit more but doing so makes sure the contents arrive. Flat rate is a cheap way to go but only if it is securely packed.
    Knowledge I take to my grave is wasted.

I prefer to use cartridges born before I was.

Success doesn't make me happy, being happy is what allows me to be successful.

Boolit Buddy
    I get moulds, gas checks and lube sent by USPS, final delivery is by NZ Post their personal is very good any damaged parcels are repackaged, the only problem I've had with USPS is a box of size dies from Buckshot
    went to Canada twice before it got to New Zealand consdering the mileage it was in very good condition but I guess it didn't fall into the hands of the ground staff, waiting for a couple of moulds and more dies from Buckshot hope they have a smooth easy trip Robert