Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2RepackboxWidenersTitan Reloading
Load Data Snyders Jerky

Thread: Freedom arms shootin today

Boolit Buddy

Freedom arms shootin today

Took a couple of the pistols out today. Both model 83's (252 models with 7.5" bbl.) The scoped 22, "the cottontail special" was first shot at 100 yards. I then shot the silhouette sighted 83 with the wmr cylinder in at 50yrds. Not my best groups ever with these but it was fun. I find shooting the scoped gun really helps me with my bench shooting with open sights.

Last edited by Plastikosmd; 09-08-2014 at 05:22 PM.

Boolit Master
    Amazing revolvers and fantastic shooting! I remember when the NRA "Dope bag" tested a FA .22 revolver years ago they said it was THE most accurate .22 handgun they ever tested including the super high end semi autos used for Olympic competition.

I ordered a .22 with an octagon barrel and the extra 22 mag cylinder in April and will most likely have to wait till April of next year until it is built. It has been my "bucket list" revolver since reading the article.
    East Tennessee

Boolit Buddy
    Thank u, it will do better, limited by wide crosshairs on pistol scope, my skills etc. it will hold with most 22 rifles

Boolit Master
    I watched a shootoff at the IHMSA regional at Conover. It was in 22 Unlimited. A lady was shooting an FA and there was a 4 way tie so chickens were set at 100 meters. They were still tied after 4 rounds. The decision was made to put 4 chicks in feeding position ( positioned on foot and nose) and the last one in attack position ( chick pointed at shooter). You could say it was luck but the FA put the attack chick down through 2 more rounds of shootoff. Absolutely fantastic shooting.