Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Wideners
RepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BP Compression... What is too Much?

Boolit Buddy
    Get rid of the G'cookie and start use'n a blowtube or wipe after each shot for foul'n control.
    DGL is a great bullet lube.
    What brand BP are you use'n?
    LG
    Hav'n you along-Is like lose'n 2 good men

Boolit Master
    I also recommend the Buffalo Arms shoulder pad. It works well enough that I can shoot my .45-110's prone. The only time I don't use it is for offhand where I need a shorter length of pull.

Chris.

Thanks for all the good information. I appreciate your replies, comments and suggestions for a newbie like me.

prs66109

I don't know how far you live from this range http://tricountygunclub.org/ but I sure could use some company shooting black powder rifles here

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Lead pot View Post
    prs66109

I don't know how far you live from this range http://tricountygunclub.org/ but I sure could use some company shooting black powder rifles here
    Lead Pot, much of my family lives in Illinois, but a good deal further south of you. I looked at your link with interest...you have what looks to be a very nice club there!

Lead pot,

You are not too far away; I'm in Rockford. I drove north to the Beloit Rifle Club today to look around and watch them shoot BP cartridge. Nice facilities and real friendly guys (like here). I was invited to shoot but declined since my shoulder is still healing from last week's episode of shooting my 45/70 with 500 grain bullets. I got acquainted and will probably join since a couple of my shooting friends are members. All of them have year's of BP shooting experience and gave me lots of tips and info. Someday, I'll also have that experience that I can pass along to my grandson if he gets interested in the sport.

Let me know when you are going to shoot at the club and I'll see if I can join you. Send me a PM.

Milan Illinois will have a BLK powder midrange shoot on the 25th and 26th of oct. It is a small match but fun. They shoot Muzzle loaders and Cartridge rifles at this match. http://thepcgallery.com/mrc/
    If you guys want to shoot just drop me a line and I will take you in as a guest. I shoot several times a week if I'm not on the road in my Gypsy Haus

Thanks for that information, Lead pot. As of now, that weekend is open for me and I may drive down to watch. I've not attended one of these and would find it interesting and informative. I Googled the club's address and it said:

9221 51st St. W., Milan, IL 61264 (309) 787-9878

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12