RepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Load DataInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Ruger 327 mag

New Ruger 327 mag

I see on Ruger website they come back out with a 327 BH but it have 7 rounds in it ,not 8 like the ones that first came out dose anyone know why is that?I have the 8 round one.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

It's on the Single-Six platform. I'm hoping to get one.

Boolit Master
    Should be quite a bit lighter.

Boolit Buddy
    Smaller frame on the single six, so 8 won't fit. Lighter, but different from the older, 6 shot 32 H&R magnums. They are taking orders now... Rumors are they will start shipping this month. But those are only rumors.

Boolit Buddy
    I just spoke to one of my LGS yesterday that is a Lipsey dealer. Hopefully, he can get one ordered for me, but we'll see.

Boolit Buddy
    Has anyone heard how many of these Lipseys has on order? I heard they do batches of guns. Are they 100, 1,000 or somewhere else? Guessing Ruger will campaign these and make them all at once on the casting and machining.

Fergie - glad you placed an order! We will see who gets theirs first. Pictures are required.

Boolit Master

There was a earlier thread on this subject. After reading it I had Tommy Bean order me one. He said it might be in as early as some time in September. I ordered the 7.5 inch model and am looking forward to getting it.
    Dysfunctional Disturbed Disabled Debonair Navy Veteran
    Swift Boats, Vietnam, 1967-1968.

"You are never too old to learn something stupid."

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    Has anyone heard how many of these Lipseys has on order? I heard they do batches of guns. Are they 100, 1,000 or somewhere else? Guessing Ruger will campaign these and make them all at once on the casting and machining.

Fergie - glad you placed an order! We will see who gets theirs first. Pictures are required.
    I should have mine by the end of next week, if not, then the middle of the following week. This was per the LGS and his guy at Lipsey.

I was at a decent sized gun show today, and was asking around the various booths for .327 Federal, both guns and ammo, and also .32 H&R Magnums...NOTHING!

Boolit Master
    Check gunbot and you can find more .327 ammo than you can shake a stick at.

Plenty of shooters have one of these on order (including me) for about the last 4-6 weeks and the rumor from Lipsey is they should start shipping by mid Sept. Just hope its true. I have the 7.5 inch model coming.
    East Tennessee

Boolit Buddy
    When I placed my order, the nice lady said that Lipsey's usually sets a date and then that slips. One of her orders took 18 months to deliver after the published date. We shall see.

I'm being optimistic, but cautious. Show me, please.

Boolit Grand Master
    I am waiting with baited breath--I ordered mine back in July. I was told then they were looking for an early October shipping date.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Grand Master
    Well, the secret is out. Today's e-edition of the Gun Digest Newsletter has a very glowing description of this new offering from Ruger by way of Lipsey's. For those of us who already own one or more guns in this caliber, the good news is that this should rekindle interest and perhaps even bring about some more production of ammo and components.

I hope they sell a brazillion of them, then make more and sell them too. I have the BH version and it is a great honkin' piece of artillery, able to handle about anything I could stuff in it, but this new model on the old Single Six platform looks like a winner as well.

Maybe the folks over in Springfield, MA will get the hint and turn loose of more than the dribble of guns they are producing in this caliber. Probably not, but one never knows, does one?

Froggie

"It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Buddy
    Let us hope for good things. I'm wondering if Starline got the message & plans on cranking brass out or if the back orders/notify me is backing up enough to move up production.
    Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by trapper9260 View Post
    I see on Ruger website they come back out with a 327 BH but it have 7 rounds in it ,not 8 like the ones that first came out dose anyone know why is that?I have the 8 round one.
    They are building it on the single six, not the blackhawk.

Boolit Master
    I ordered the middle of last month from a Lipsey's dealer. His comment was that Lipsey will see to it that enough come out to cover hard orders but not to hold my breath until November. I took him seriously enough to buy brass and start to set up a dedicated tool head. 'Course, I wish it were cheaper!

Boolit Master
    Funny how Gun Digest reviewed the revolver seeing they never even put their hands on one. Another worthless opinion of someone shooting off their mouth if you ask me.
    East Tennessee

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by snowwolfe View Post
    Funny how Gun Digest reviewed the revolver seeing they never even put their hands on one. Another worthless opinion of someone shooting off their mouth if you ask me.
    Don't be 100% sure they've never seen one. There are a few prototype/tool room example guns floating around at trade shows and shooting events. I do get a little tired of seeing advertising that is thinly disguised as a product review, though. My guess is that they will actually begin to be on the shelves about the end of September or so, and the first wave will have been pretty much all pre-sold, so they won't linger there long. I'm still holding out for a S&W J-frame with 4" barrel and adjustable sights... and no other unnecessary gimmicks (but I'm not holding my breath! )

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master
    Yes! A j frame and 4"bbl with usable sights would get my juices running.

Perma-Banned

I have been debating one of these myself.

Boolit Master

I would 2nd or 3rd a j frame with adjustable sights and a 3 or 4 inch barrel. I've got a 3" model 60 that needs a companion.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast