Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWideners
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: help identify CSB powder

Boolit Mold
    Finally shot csb-1 in 38 special and 45acp. Used 3.9 grains with Lyman 158 swc and 3.5 grains for Lee 148 wc. 45 acp was 4.8 grains with Lee 1R RN at 1.200. Don't have a chrono or anything but everything went well and did not seem to be as dirty as Bullseye I shot. Will use it for a awhile.

Boolit Mold
    Hello, brand new here, brand new Glock 19 owner and Brand new to reloading. Anyway I thought I might contribute a little and also gather feedback as appropriate. With lack of powder in the area I ended up buying 8 pounds of CSB-1 from American Reloading.

I worked up the following loads for my 9mm.
    Xtreme Plated 115gr, 3.8gn, oal 1.13....I couldn't get it to cylcle.
    Xtreme Plated 115gr, 4.0gn, oal 1.14....Seemed to work nicely with less recoil than my regular ammo.
    Xtreme Plated 115gr, 4.2gn, oal 1.15....I couldn't tell much of difference between this load and the previous.

Since I don't have a Chrono I may just stick to the 4.2gn for a while and just adjust the OAL. I wasn't sure what to use for OAL so I went long just to be safe.

Open to any advice or criticism. Its the only powder I have ever used so I don't have much of a baseline.

Boolit Mold
    Using 4.2 csb-1 now with Xtreme 9mm plated 115 at 1.135 and is a good target load. I have enough from buying years ago that I will probably stick with this for target.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234