Lee PrecisionLoad DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Wideners
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Social Security Disability Turned me Down

Moderator Emeritus

Only way he could not have enough credits is if his boss was not paying taxes all those years. SS rep is way wrong on that one.

Boolit Buddy

I pretty much emptied my heart out to the senators, state rep and Governor when I wrote the 5 page letter. I asked straight out for help and told them I was in a desperate situation. I told them that I had dedicated my entire life to pubic service without selfishness and that they to were public servants and this is one of their constituents asking for help, so they needed to do what they were elected to do. I agree with another person who posted that the letters will probably never be read by any of them, they will either be tossed aside or I will get some form letter from an aide saying that this is not something they can get involved in.

Boolit Grand Master

If your elected representatives do nothing it is time to call the TV investigator. It is your elected representatives JOB to interface between constituents and the federal government. If they refuse to do that, and for a veteran, the public needs to know. Elections are coming.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Only way he could not have enough credits is if his boss was not paying taxes all those years. SS rep is way wrong on that one.
    They claim to only go back three years now and the steel mill was pay that time. They said if he had paid disability tax while he was working for himself then he could draw. He had a certified accountant do all his taxes, the accountant had never heard of any such thing. The working man cannot get ahead in this race.
    What if..... you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by 3jimbo3 View Post
    They claim to only go back three years now and the steel mill was pay that time. They said if he had paid disability tax while he was working for himself then he could draw. He had a certified accountant do all his taxes, the accountant had never heard of any such thing. The working man cannot get ahead in this race.
    Amen to the working man not being able to get ahead! We take so much for granted when we are working and making ends meet, and I know myself, I never really gave much thought to what disabled folks went through in order to get financial assistance, food stamps, or medical care. Well, let me tell you, now that I am in the middle of all this, believe me, I hope none of you ever have to go through this. You know, I am in a great deal of pain everyday and sometimes it gets so bad that I will just start crying, but here lately, the pain has taken a back seat to the cow dung that my wife and I are having to go through just to get someone to step up and do the right thing at Social Security. Now I sit and sometimes cry wondering how we are going to make it, especially when the folks at social security and the food stamp place, who should care, just don't seem to care at all. I guess it is similar to being a cop, firefighter, or emt. When you see someone die the first few times it is very emotional and mentally taxing, but then the more you see it, you kind of become cold to it. I guess the people in this public assistance offices see people everyday trying to get assistance, they just don't care or don't do all that they probably could do to help people out.

Boolit Master
    3jimbo3 SS is lying! When I was thinking about filing for SS they had my work record and SS earnings back to 1960. they need that info to determine what you are supposed to get.

Moderator Emeritus

They looked at my earnings all the way back to 1974 when I was 14.

Boolit Grand Master

Many people confuse SSDI and SSI and welfare and food stamps. SSI and welfare and food stamps and all other such programs are state run. You are dealing with a state agency using state and federal dollars. SSDI is a federal program and you are dealing directly with the Social Security beaucracy. Two different (in some states many more than two!) agencies. Social Security, in this instance, only deals with SSDI.
    Veterans benefits are completely different again. Realize with whom you are dealing and be very clear when you deal with them that you give them the information they need. SSI only looks at current income, SSDI looks at lifetime quarters paid.
    Wayne the Shrink

In Remembrance
    Jackson County, Choctaw Nation, Indian Territory
    People, y'all need to get your information in order before any more accusations are made in this thread.
    Those who fail to study history are doomed to repeat it.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”. Sigmund
    Freud

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckiller View Post
    3jimbo3 SS is lying! When I was thinking about filing for SS they had my work record and SS earnings back to 1960. they need that info to determine what you are supposed to get.
    Duckiller, correct me if I'm wrong on this, but I think you meant to put a comma after "3jimbo3". Like this: "3jimbo3, SS is lying!" Which merely means that you are asserting that Social Security is lying; not 3jimbo3.

smokeywolf
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDog25 View Post
    I have never seen a more corrupt and retarded program as Social Security Disability. I have almost total paralysis in my right leg, I have only partial use of my left hand due to pressure on the nerves in my spine, over 50% of my joints are artificial, I cannot walk without a walker, I don't sleep at night because the pain is unbearable and I literally sit and cry sometimes that I am in so much pain. I take 3 different medications for depression, I have a morphine pump, plus take oral morphine, I cannot stand or sit for any length of time greater than 10 minutes. I would never be able to work in the condition I am in right now but our great Social Security Disability system sent me a letter that I received on Saturday and said that I do not meet the criteria of being disabled and I was turned down...Really??? I would love to know what they do consider to be disabled. Oh well, I just wanted to vent. Thanks for listening.

Scott
    Gain about 300lbs and watch TV all day and they'll consider you disabled.

Yeah, the whole welfare system in America is corrupt.

Boolit Grand Master

Oh, and don't expect sympathy. They had to give this up within two months of working or less to psychologically survive. Expect them to do their jobs, no more and no less. Deputy, you were in the military and in the law enforcement. You learned to use an organized structure to get what you needed and wanted. This is no different. Learn their rules and requirements and hold them to it.
    Wayne the Shrink

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Not going back and read this whold thread, but have you even attempted to contact the VA?
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

What tommie boy said is true.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    Not going back and read this whold thread, but have you even attempted to contact the VA?
    Yes, I have a lawyer who is also a disabled vet and he is working for me pro bono (no pay) to try and get my VA claim pushed through, he feels like I can get at least 80% and probably 100% because of my blown out knees and hips. I was an 18D SF Medic and made a lot of jumps which took their toll on my back, knees and hips.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Good, Lets Pray that better days are coming.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Banned

Whats really sad it they will twist you in knots to get your own money back but will turn around and give an illegal imigrant or a knocked up crack head welfare for the asking and theyve paid in zero!!!! Your better off being a lazy **** then being someone who is to crippled to work.

Boolit Buddy

Well, I got an answer back from my application for food stamps today and they turned me down again. According to the worksheet that you fill out listing all of your assets and income we fall over $400 below the income standard and it had nothing to do with anything we own. I just don't understand, but you can bet I will be making a phone call on Monday morning to find out what is going on. There has to be somebody who can tell me what in the world is keeping us from getting approved when there a people scamming the system everyday getting welfare, food stamps, Medicaid, etc...

If you would, please remember to keep us in your thoughts and prayers, things are getting harder and harder, but we just need to trust in the Lord that he is going to intervene and provide for our needs. Thanks in advance to all for your prayers.
    Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Banned

First I would look up any food pantries in your local area. A lot of churches do this. Also don't know if you have one in your area, but The Benevolent Society, The Salvation Army. They usually will do a 3-5 day food supply. Any little bit will help. I am in close to the same situation as you right now.

Boolit Master
    What Smokeywolf said. SS lied not the poster here.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast