Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2Wideners
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Social Security Disability Turned me Down

Boolit Buddy

Social Security Disability Turned me Down

I have never seen a more corrupt and retarded program as Social Security Disability. I have almost total paralysis in my right leg, I have only partial use of my left hand due to pressure on the nerves in my spine, over 50% of my joints are artificial, I cannot walk without a walker, I don't sleep at night because the pain is unbearable and I literally sit and cry sometimes that I am in so much pain. I take 3 different medications for depression, I have a morphine pump, plus take oral morphine, I cannot stand or sit for any length of time greater than 10 minutes. I would never be able to work in the condition I am in right now but our great Social Security Disability system sent me a letter that I received on Saturday and said that I do not meet the criteria of being disabled and I was turned down...Really??? I would love to know what they do consider to be disabled. Oh well, I just wanted to vent. Thanks for listening.

Scott

I have never known a first time applicant get SSDI on the first try. Took me 4 years with 3 of there own doctors saying I was disabled. Don't give up.
    Moderating is a responsibility not a privilege, abuse your power and you lose, no matter how powerful you may think you are.

Sorry to here that and yes it is bad. I hope you keep fighting them
    Bobby

Boolit Master
    Scott,
    Keep trying, it almost seems to be standard procedure for them to not approve disability the first time.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed. If you do, you are misinformed.
    - Mark Twain

When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade without further introduction.
    - Mark Twain

Boolit Master
    Don't give up! Appeal their decision; enlist the aid of either an attorney who specializes in this area or your US senator. It may not be a quick or easy process, but worthwhile things seldom are.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by fishhawk View Post
    I have never known a first time applicant get SSDI on the first try. Took me 4 years with 3 of there own doctors saying I was disabled. Don't give up.
    No, I am not giving up, I can't! I don't have any income and I am not employable. I do have an attorney working for me and I hope that they can do something. This is just a sickening feeling that I would have never thought I would have. If my wife didn't have a small retirement income I don't know what we would do. I would appreciate if you all would keep us and this situation in your prayers. I know God can an will make a way, he has been faithful thus far and I know he will continue to be.

Boolit Master

Appeal

I am not as bad off as you
    But I have migraines and take high power pain pills as a result

My first time they turned me down
    The other day they finaly admitted there were no job I could work at

So I should win the appeal

John
    Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    And I carry a LOADED Hell Cat

My wife worked for a SSI attorney years ago.....unfortunately, what you're going through is completely normal, at least in their eyes. It's a HUGE $$$$$$ machine for the lawyers, and everyone else involved, except of course for you. Stay the course....you'll get there, but not until they all get paid, a lot.

BTW -- The wife quit....she couldn't stomach the racket.
    Last edited by trails4u; 08-31-2014 at 09:52 PM.
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Banned

Add onto the list you are a alcoholic and you will win it. Keep pushing the depression issues also

This is normal, and you should not be discouraged; it is in no way a reflection of the severity of your situation. It took my lawyer months to get my disability benefits approved. I was in no condition to do all the hoop jumping at the time.

Boolit Master

Not a new thing with the system. Mom's diabetes had rendered her legally blind,she still had to wait to 62 and take regular SS. Collected 3 checks before she died.
    But if you're an alcoholic non-prescription drug user, no problem.

Boolit Grand Master

I was almost 5 years getting it thru with an attorney. They will deny it as a standard procedure to the hearing. It was over 4 years when they had thier doctor examine me. What a joke that was. On the plus side ounce awarded it is back to date filed less 8 months so it makes for a big back pay check. LOL Hate to hear of your medical problems and will pray for you.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by shooterg View Post
    Not a new thing with the system. Mom's diabetes had rendered her legally blind,she still had to wait to 62 and take regular SS. Collected 3 checks before she died.
    But if you're an alcoholic non-prescription drug user, no problem.
    That is what is so sickening and frustrating is that people who have actually made themselves disabled by drinking or drugs or ? have no problem being approved, but the folks who really need it, who have worked all their life and paid into the system, have to jump through so many hoops and put up with so much ignorance, corruption, and just plain ****.

Boolit Master

Do you get your health care from the VA? If so, can the doctors there help with the paperwork and help your lawyer? Does your VFW have any programs that can help? I am putting you on our prayer list. Please keep us updated so we all know how to pray and what to ask the Lord for.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Vendor Sponsor

Man I was all set to hear a bunch of b.s. and have to fight them, but when I got cancer my gf filled out all the forms and submitted it and they approved it first time out without a fight, I was like WHAAAAA???????? You're KIDDING me right? But no they sent a determination and schedule of benefits right off the bat. She put all 4 doctors names and all their information on the forms so I guess they figured they was beat and they admitted it.

I hope you win it soon!
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

i was turned down twice even had doctors say i was disabled i got a lawyer, you need him get all the correct paper work for you that they require,because they will not do it for you are tell you what they need, that seams to be the biggest problem (the paper work ) and no one cares to help you.

you have to be relentless with this don't give up

MR O
    Remember sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees

Moderator Emeritus

When I applied I had 13 MRI's as evidence of spinal issues, both rotator cuffs were torn, the right has been fixed twice already. Carpal tunnel, knee issues and they turned me down. Took 3 years to get to a hearing before a judge. The judge looked at the evidence then proceeded to chew out the SS rep for 45 minutes in front of me for denying the claim to begin with and wasting his time. My lawyer limited his fee to $3500 no matter how big my back pay check was.

Quote Originally Posted by Poygan View Post
    Scott,
    Keep trying, it almost seems to be standard procedure for them to not approve disability the first time.
    That's what I've been told. If need be, hire an Attorney.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

My wife went through that a few years ago, all sorts of documentation, examinations by their Dr's, and a blunt turn down. Do like she did, get a lawyer and appeal. She won and got money from the date she first filed, of course the lawyer took a chunk of that, but she gets regular deposits from them now, and medicare.

Boolit Grand Master

Hang in there. I've been told I qualify for disablity but I figure otherwise, I chalk it up to hard mileage. OTOH folks more able-bodied than me are drawing it. Hang in there, you will be in my prayers.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast