WidenersRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading Everything
Repackbox Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miss me?

Boolit Buddy

Miss me?

Not that anyone did but Thursday a week ago a cow rearranged my F150 front end. Almost a week in hospital with broke ribs and concussion. And here in La. The cow was innocent. It was my fault. Oh well life goes on.

Boolit Master
    Sorry to hear it. Hope you mend well.
    ph4570

Boolit Grand Master

A trooper did that a year or two a little south and west of me, he didn't make it. Glad you'll be OK. Livestock has the ROW on some roads in TX as well. That law has probably kept a few ranchers from getting sued out of business but loose livestock is responsible for lots of property damage and a few lives. I seem to have problems with hitting wildlife, can only blame myself for that.
    Last edited by TXGunNut; 08-31-2014 at 07:10 PM.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Buddy
    Glad you're OK

In Remembrance
    It has been years since I have had busted ribs, sure would hate to have them at this stage of life. I feel for you. I hit a horse in texas once. It seems a gate was open and there was three horses on a bridge, just my dumb luck I hit the one that the owner of the pasture AND the other two horses, had never seen before. lol

in Remebrance
    Funny how when you hit livestock no one knows who owns it. Technically in a lot of places the owner is liable for damages, but you gotta prove who the owner is. GW
    "If you can walk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with Kings, nor lose the common touch,
    Yours is the earth and everything that's in it,
    And, which is more, you'll be a man my son!" R. Kipling

"Brother to a Prince, and fellow to a pauper, if found worthy." Kipling

Glad you're OK. I hit a cow in Wyoming 15 years ago. There were fences on both sides of the road so it was not an open range. I was not liable for damage, but neither was the rancher. I was told that Wyoming law set it up that way to protect ranchers.

Boolit Master
    Glad it wasn't worse, but definitely the wrong way to get fresh meat. I got a broken rib in '99, a concussion and 11 stitches on my head, but it was a Chevy truck that hit me.

In Remembrance
    I was only a year out of highschool and freshly married when I hit that horse. Thankfully neithor me or my wife was hurt. I had a nearly new 74 ford pickup that was totalled. I mentioned how much damage it did to the cop that responded, and will neve rforget what he said. He said we have been building pickups cheaper and lighter for 20 years or more, and the horses are still built the same. That is true, and compounded several times over these days. lol

Boolit Buddy
    I'm going to go Tuesday and take pics if my truck. I'll post them after. I'm sore but I'm ok.

Boolit Buddy
    How's the cow? VBG!

Boolit Buddy
    Cow was pronounced dead at the scene. Family was notified immediately. Odd, the heard didn't have much to say.

Boolit Master

A horse hit my wife and I some years ago. Yes, you read that right; we did not hit the beast; it hit us.

Its foal was across the road, and when the owner opened the pasture gate, the poor nag got tunnel vision and sprinted across the road towards its foal........the road was a highway, and the wife and I were headed down it at highway speed. The horse's nose hit the windshield in the upper corner on the wife's side, then her shoulders folded up the wife's side mirror before finally slamming into the rear of the door and denting it in several places.

The horse seemed unharmed and galloped away as if nothing had happened.

Boolit Grand Master

Horse can be bad news, if hit just so they have a tendency of coming thru the windshield.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Buddy
    When i was 16 less then a week of getting my liscense i hit a deer on my way home from town ... wiped out my car and had to call my father and the highway patrol .

After the cop left my father started m-f ing me and telling me how there was no excuse for hitting a stupid animal in the road .

As we was driving home with him still ranting away he made a left turn onto the home road
    And not looking where he was going he drove right square into two horses in the middle of the road

It was worth the black eye when i looked at him and asked ... whats your excuse for hitting two dumb animals in the road .

Boolit Master
    My buddy Jeff had a herd of 8 deer run out in front of his newish Suburban. He luckily managed to miss 1 of them. It would have been totaled if not nearly new....

They make new cars...I hope you will be well soon, Dale

In Remembrance
    My wifes aunts mother was killed when a horse came through the windshield. The guy that owned the horse actually filed suit against her husband (driver), but a letter from his lawyer squared that away. It was not open range there.
    Here livestock is not a problem, but moose is a bigger problem than I have seen livestock anywhere, and them long legs puts them away up in the danger zone.

Boolit Master

That's udderly horrible! Too bad you couldn't steer clear or just graze her. Have you cowculated the damage yet.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Buddy
    Lmao.. Not even touching that last one.

Quote Originally Posted by ph4570 View Post
    Sorry to hear it. Hope you mend well.
    Ditto for me. Hang tough.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast