RepackboxSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Load Data
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWidenersLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

Thread: Can someone help me with a Redding 2400 case trimmer?

Boolit Buddy

Can someone help me with a Redding 2400 case trimmer?

I recently traded for a Redding 2400 case trimmer and unfortunately it came with no instructions. I know you are probably thinking, Duh, it is not that hard. Well, it is probably so easy that it is making it difficult for me to understand. I was hoping that someone who has one or has owned on in the past can help me out with the micrometer adjustment feature, the rest of the lathe I have figured out. The person I traded with had no idea how to use it as it was left by his deceased father and he was liquidating all of his reloading items. I have read online at Redding's website that you can actually dial in your trim length, lock it in place and start trimming, is this the case? Please, any help would be greatly appreciated, and oh, by the way I am more of a hands on learner rather than a read it and understand it, so if you decide to help and wouldn't mind walking me through it once on the phone I would greatly appreciate it, or direct me to a video of the micrometer being setup and adjusted. Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

Scott

Boolit Master

Run a youtube search and you will find videos of what you are looking for I'm sure.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    Run a youtube search and you will find videos of what you are looking for I'm sure.
    I have done the Youtube videos and although they show the trimmer in action, no actually goes into any detail on the micrometer adjustment feature. I thought the Redding website would be helpful, but I struck out there also.

Boolit Master
    Go to the Redding website and look for product instructions. Most companies will have them in PDF format. Print them out.
    Dutch

"The future ain't what it used to be".
    -Yogi Berra.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by wallenba View Post
    Go to the Redding website and look for product instructions. Most companies will have them in PDF format. Print them out.
    Yes sir, I did that to, the directions are very vague when it comes to the micrometer usage. I will call and talk to a Redding tech guy on Tuesday and have him walk me through it.

Boolit Master

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    I appreciate it, but the micrometers are graduated differently between the two trimmers. I will just have to wait until Tuesday and talk to Redding.

I won't offer advise on the micrometer, but will offer some on sanity! Get rid of it!!! I had the L.E. wilson, Hornady, Redding, and Lyman. The Redding collet was the absolute most frustrating thing to worry with I ever fooled with in reloading tools. I really did like the Lyman though. I now use nothing, but Lee and Lyman ezee trimmers. As far as tolerances go the Redding was without doubt the best though and it was so heavy it darn near didn't need to be bolted down... I just never could get the hang of the shell holder collet and spent more time fooling with it than I did trimming with it.

Boolit Bub

I have the Redding 2400 trimmer, It takes a little practice but it works well for me.

Redding does not have their manuals online, if you call Support they will email you one. They also now have a drill adapter for the trimmer, I have not tried it.

Good Luck
    Gary