Lee PrecisionInline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Reloading Everything

Thread: information on star machine works lube sizer

Boolit Mold

information on star machine works lube sizer

Hello to all, i am new to this forum as of today and am fairly new to reloading in general but i have some basic knowledge, so having said that today when i was at the Indy 1500 gun and knife show i picked up a star machine works lube sizer. I am in need of any and all information anybody has to offer me about this machine and about lube sizing in general.

Boolit Master
    If you got any manuals with it that is the place to start . If not,call the company and ask them to send you material. Check out youtube. Read,and read some more. You have got a fine piece of equipment.
    Boolits !!!!! Does that mean what I think it do? It do!

Boolit Master
    Start in the Star Equipment Corner right here on the Forum !!!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...uipment-Corner

Jerry
    S&W .38/44 Outdoorsman Accumulator

Boolit Master

PM sent

Boolit Mold
    unfortunately it did not come with a manual and since i have gotten back home all i have done is research it, so far i have gathered that it is one of the best if not the best lube sizers around and that i

need to buy a reloading manual and start making more money, and like you said, continue to research.

Boolit Master
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

The most important thing to know is to go with dies/punches from lathesmith. Chris does fantabulous work for a very reasonable price.
    "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." A. Brilliant

Boolit Mold
    I have found the videos are a very good help to me, it had a .452 die and a top punch already in it when i bought it which is nice because i have a .45 but when i am in need of new dies and punches i will be contacting lathesmith for sure. thank you, everybody for the information.

Boolit Master
    Welcome to the forum.

Yes the star is a fine machine. Lathesmith's dies are the bee's knees.
    ph4570

Boolit Mold
    OK, i finally got around to getting everything i need(or so i thought) to size some 230 grn RN 45's, i got about 50 cast up and ready to size and lube. I ran the first round through my sizer and the one already in the die popped out just fine, second round went into the die and popped the second out but it was not lubed. i think i know what is wrong but i need corroboration, when i pulled the handle of the sizer down the boolit can out before the actuator lever in the back depressed the spring, thus not allowing any lube to flow into the lube ring. SO my question is this, is my top punch set to far down or is there some way to adjust the bolt on the font of the plunger the the ram linkage presses against when the ram is in the all the way down position?

Banned

screw the punch into the press further.
    the press works like this.

you start the boolit in the die nose first.
    you press it down to a stopping point. [kind of a cam over like a reloading press]
    then you press the handle a little further to squeeze the lube into the lube groove.
    once you get the boolits lube grooves lined up with the holes in the size die.

you also have to have some pressure on the lube for it to flow into the die and into the lube grooves..
    and some lubes need heat to make them flow.