Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
RepackboxReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Wideners
Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Franken-Ruger

Boolit Master

There is no reason to downgrade a Gunsmiths creations here because you may not like it. If its not for you , dont buy it !
    Rich
    You Know You Might Be Facing your DOOM , if all you get is a click, Instead of a BOOM !

If God had wanted us to have Plastic gun stocks he would have planted plastic Trees !

Boolit Buddy

The fr with a 10" barrel on weighs 6oz more than a factory 6" gp

Boolit Master
    "Sometime I'll explain the difference between mass and weight."

How about explaining it now. I am talking about it being weighed. Which we all know it can't because mass can't be weighed.
    Although it has Newtonian weight that is derived from Kilograms. Kilograms which is a measure of weight. So kilograms must not exist either.

Boolit Master
    "There is no reason to downgrade a Gunsmiths creations here because you may not like it. If its not for you , dont buy it !
    Rich"

For your edification on post #262 I said I like the looks of it. I am not running down the work. What I see it looks good.

Boolit Buddy

For those that would like to know. He has just admitted to being a "troll" and trying to stir the pot. Posted for general info.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 44man View Post
    Just watched a video shot with a GP at 500 meters with hits as good.
    I don't think so. I don't know what the group was because only half hit the gong. The FR shot 3.9" for six at 350 which is 1.1 MOA.
    If I had to guess, I'd say that mine were within 30" at best.....one really low hit. That's 5.5 MOA. I don't think the MOA will swell that much in the next 197 yards.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by apen View Post
    I don't think so. I don't know what the group was because only half hit the gong. The FR shot 3.9" for six at 350 which is 1.1 MOA.
    If I had to guess, I'd say that mine were within 30" at best.....one really low hit. That's 5.5 MOA. I don't think the MOA will swell that much in the next 197 yards.
    Thatnk you for your honest response.
    if the weather holds I'll be trying 500 this weekend. On video of course. And showing every shot

Boolit Buddy

By the way it was 5 at 350

Boolit Master

Just remember Trolling etc. is a violation of the terms of service you agree to when signing on here.
    Mods have no way of knowing what your intentions are , just what we read and what others report.

Rich
    You Know You Might Be Facing your DOOM , if all you get is a click, Instead of a BOOM !

If God had wanted us to have Plastic gun stocks he would have planted plastic Trees !

Boolit Buddy

The FR 500 yd shoot produced some hits but we had switching winds and it was playing hell with us. Winds were 10-15. With a 5mph wind we have a 10moa correction for 500 yds. We shall give it another try soon.

BCgunworks has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

His contact info is on his website. You can always email him.
    460 Holly Point Road
    Mathews, VA 23109
    804-832-9545
    bcgunworks@verizon.net
    Ernie "The Untactical"

Hi Earnie,

Yes, I know. But he only seems to answer here. Anyway, I'll drive over and visit with him on Friday if I don't hear from him before then.

Take care, Tom

Boolit Buddy

I pick up the phone and respond to emails quickly!

Boolit Master
    Interesting thread.

44 man the argument you are trying to make about the barrel being off the bags is irrelevant as the bullet has exited the barrel before the barrel lifts off the sand bags. Do the math it's simple.

1200 Feet/second that means or 14400 inches / second so a 4 inch barrel the bullet is gone in .00006944 seconds................yea it's gone before the barrel comes off the sandbags.......geeeeeesh

I like the the concept of the longer sighting plane as well as the extra velocity from the longer barrel. Tried and true concept that has been around for as long as I have been alive. Solid reasonable advantages to the design. The added twist of free floated barrel I s a nice touch conceptually makes good sense.

Perma-Banned

Ernie, did you ever post any reports on the FR?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet-SS View Post
    44 man the argument you are trying to make about the barrel being off the bags is irrelevant as the bullet has exited the barrel before the barrel lifts off the sand bags. Do the math it's simple.

1200 Feet/second that means or 14400 inches / second so a 4 inch barrel the bullet is gone in .00006944 seconds ... yea it's gone before the barrel comes off the sandbags.
    I'm not taking a position against the Frankenruger; I like it and will probably own one eventually.

However, this argument is flawed. First, the bullet does not begin its journey at 1200 fps; acceleration is not instantaneous. Second, no matter how small an interval has elapsed when the bullet exits the barrel, the recoil impulse has already started. Recoil begins at the same instant that the bullet begins to move. No calculation (or estimate) of when the bullet exits the barrel will predict that motion due to recoil begins after the bullet has departed.

Take care, Tom
    Last edited by Tatume; 10-02-2015 at 08:34 AM. Reason: typo

Boolit Master
    I would love to see some super fast slow motion video. Just to understand it more.

Boolit Buddy
    The gun moves as soon as the hammer starts falling.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet-SS View Post
    I would love to see some super fast slow motion video. Just to understand it more.
    OK Ramjet, just for you - here's a couple days of back & forth on that very subject, on a different forum, several years ago. You need to read all posts, won't take but 10 minutes, maybe longer if you start to think about some of the explanations. You just can't get away from Newton 3 and I don't care how hard you try.

http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/i.../t-540863.html