Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackboxLoad Data
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Wideners Snyders Jerky

Thread: Remington Asks R51 Owners to Send Them Back

Remington Asks R51 Owners to Send Them Back

Remington is offering to replace all existing new R51's that have been purchased since they were introduced. Here is the link to the story:

http://www.shootingsportsretailer.co...end-them-back/

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Good news. I would like to make one of these my carry gun when they get the bugs worked out. Really like the delayed blow back idea and the low line of the bore. GP

Boolit Grand Master
    I agree, good move by Big Green to win back customer good will. This is a good design with a LOT of potential, they just need to execute it correctly.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Grand Master

Can someone bring me up to speed on the issues. Im not familiar with this platform.

The issues are addressed in the article. I don't own one, but I handled one at the last SHOT Show.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Master
    The ones at the SHOT Show felt nothing like the ones I have since held at a few gun stores. The show guns felt like they were hand fitted and put together by a master gunsmith. The ones I've held at a few stores around town feel as if my 3 year old put them together.
    I was really excited with the release and was looking to get one soon but I sure am glad I waited.

Glad to hear this. I was excited by the introduction of this gun, but then heard of the issues. I'll probly get one down the road to replace my SCCY, maybe.
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ReloaderFred View Post
    The issues are addressed in the article. I don't own one, but I handled one at the last SHOT Show.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    My work computer wouldn't let me link but read through it last night. I'm happy to see Remington for doing right and fixing them.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Boy I hope Remington "gets this right". I also was interested in one when they came out based on the first reviews - was then very disappointed when I started hearing of problems after they released this model to the public. I think it's a great design and would love to have one for carry - IF they can get it right - and hopefully the will.

Banned
    That's a good move on Remington's part. The R51 is a sound concept but apparently wasn't executed properly.

Quote Originally Posted by warboar_21 View Post
    The ones at the SHOT Show felt nothing like the ones I have since held at a few gun stores. The show guns felt like they were hand fitted and put together by a master gunsmith. The ones I've held at a few stores around town feel as if my 3 year old put them together.
    I was really excited with the release and was looking to get one soon but I sure am glad I waited.
    I would imagine, that gun companies do the same as furniture factories. When I worked at the local table factory, we would take the best tables off the line and finish them by hand pack them off the line with extra padding and send them off the the market shows. There is no reason to think that most other manufacturers don't do the same.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Boolit Master

certain units did not meet Remington’s performance criteria,”
    I liked that statement, but, what is Remington's performance criteria for Marlin rifles?
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Mold
    That they be mostly shaped like a rifle.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    ...and the forend be at least 2x as wide as the rest of the rifle. Examined a new Remlin 336 today and it left me feeling optimistic. Wood to metal was snug, action was smooth, barrel appeared to be indexed correctly. Still there was a big ol' emergency lane of wood on each side of the barrel. Can't have it all I guess.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master

just gotta love to hate remingturd. spotty quality on old proven designs, new triggers that are poorly made and possibly dangerous, entire new pistol pushed out the door before its bugs have been worked out. this is what happens when bean counters run companies! way to win customers remington/remingturd! they deal with their faulty product recalls half ***'d too!

Boolit Master
    It's been said they are in business to make money. Bean counters DO NOT KNOW HOW TO MAKE MONEY. They can count it, however they always assume that the customer base is a constant, it is not, they leave. There may be a delay there, but they leave, then they start cutting corners more and make it worse not better.
    Generally this is done with new people entering the business, they come in point out flaws and correct symptoms to the problem, throw the baby out with the bathwater and usually destroy the company. I see this happening where I work right now.
    Good thing about it is I have the owners (there are two) ears, and they are listening.
    I hope someone can get their $%^& together at Remington, I have been a fan but not of late.

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    Well...John Pedersen knew what he was doing when he and Remington built the first model 51's! I'm going to guess that they took so many shortcuts to make a profit that they made a peice of junk in the process.

My question is if they can build a quality firearm that will look and run like the original? I suspect not!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remington_Model_51
    Last edited by seagiant; 09-01-2014 at 07:02 PM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.