Lee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Load Data Wideners
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Class act, NRA. Better if you sent nothing.

Class act, NRA. Better if you sent nothing.

Attachment 114669

Wow, I get my letter from the NRA. Inside is my pen. Made in China. As in Red China, where the government has the monopoly on force. No Bill of Rights. Everything that progressives could want in government.

I just threw it in my wastebasket, not even going to recycle it.
    Last edited by ohland; 08-27-2014 at 04:21 PM.
    Belle, Belle, Belle!
    Purty Gu-ur-url!

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Give us the country of origin of the computer you posted this with, or how bout your TV, shoes, or small appliances in your kitchen, the list goes on and on.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

True. Plus one for jcwit. I'm done with the NRA though..........
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

i don't think that you will find any pens made in the US, probably haven't been made here for many years.

Boolit Master
    If you pick up any issue of the American and read the columns by the regulars like Wayne and the current pres and the like its always the same thing, "" we are in the biggest crises of all time and we need as much money as possible right now"" always the same!
    They are always pictured in fine suits and obviously well kempt. They are each pulling in better than half a million a year from those donations and still sending me at well under $20,000. annual income requests for more money.
    Sometimes I feel a bit bled out by the process. About the only thing I have to offer is to cancel my life membership and save money on mailing me more requests for money. I have to wonder just how much Wayne L. donates from his half mil he gets.
    I no longer find the American Rifleman interesting to read anyway as it seems to only run articles on AR's and the likes and I personally have no use for them.

Boolit Master

I would assume they would spend the money on the (cause) not the (junk).

Boolit Grand Master

I can understand the sentiment (of the NRA supporting US made products), but is just unlikely in a global economy where they can purchase pens cheaper and use the savings for legislation reform and other polical agendas aimed at our interests.

Boolit Master

Dont put in the trash, use it at the range for a target!
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Boolit Master
    The NRA didn't spend donated money to buy his TV or computer. I think ohland's issue was that this was an item purchased by a company that we donate money to, with the hope that that money won't be used to strengthen the Chinese economy. I would rather they don't use my money to buy junk souvenirs from the Chinese. Instead, use that money to fight fire with fire in Washington. That is, make Bloomberg's bribe money against guns look like chump change.

smokeywolf
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Maybe they could strike a deal with Plano or MTM and send an American made 100 round ammo box instead
    You better watch where you go and remember where you been
    That's the way I see it I'm a Simple Man. - Charlie Daniels
    For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins. -Matthew 6:14-15

Boolit Master

You can dump the NRA.

You can see on the TV news how the Senate has just passed an anti-gun bill by a narrow margin and it now goes to the Democratic Governor (or President) who is expected to sign it into law.

or

You can stay in the NRA.

Receive a phone call or postcard to contact your Senator about an anti-gun bill being considered.

Contact your Senator and politely explain why this anti-gun bill is not good for your state (or the United States).

You can see on the TV news how the Senate has just narrowly defeated an anti-gun bill by a narrow margin and it now can't go to the Democratic Governor (or President) who would have signed it into law.

You choose!

There you go, the one and only large entity out there making a real difference and supporting our 2nd amendment and you boys wish to shout it down.

For you Bullshop, you don't get quality leadership for pennies on the dollar. Would you rather he makes his point wearing a "T" shirt with the sleeves torn off, wearing cut off jean shorts and miss matched socks and flip flops? That would look impressive at the National Convention.

Furthermore, the mailings that are sent out under the NRA's name are sent out by marketing firms, the NRA get a cut of the procedes with no cost to them, anyway if it didn't work it would have been done away with years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by smokeywolf View Post
    That is, make Bloomberg's bribe money against guns look like chump change.

smokeywolf
    Which is exactly what they are doing running National TV ads.

[QUOTE=smokeywolf;2909088]The NRA didn't spend donated money to buy his TV or computer.

smokeywolf[/QUOTE

Nope, but he did, all the while griping about the NRA.

That is, make Bloomberg's bribe money against guns look like chump change.
    Bloomberg got a heck of a lot more cash than the NRA or The ILA has put together.

Boolit Master

you got a pen, thats better than many. last time i reupped was a year and a half ago, they offered a nice looking little damascus bladed knife if you reupped for three years, so i did. still waiting on the knife! in the meantime ive recieved many notices wanting me to reup offering other trinkets including knives if i do it today. ive been a member on and off for many years, and usually walk away from them after they leave a sour taste in my mouth. sort of a necessary evil, but im not a big fan. poorly run, and wasteful.

Boolit Master

I could sit here and list a dozen things the NRA has done that I despise. I see hypocrisy in them all the time - they'll endorse weak RINOs and ignore their weaknesses while ranting against democrats who do the same (case in point: Thad Cochran took $250k from Bloomberg during the MS primary, NRA still endorsed his RINO butt).

But at the end of the day, they're the biggest, and the best, gun group we have. Most liberals don't even know who GOA and NAGR are. And as long as that's the case, and as long as the NRA has a process by which we can elect better directors to the board, they're the biggest game in town, and I'll back them.

Reluctantly, sometimes, but I will back them.

One other thing: yes, they beg for money all the time. How else would they get it? Remember, the enemy they fight is usually funded by your tax dollars. They can't fight an enemy with such an endless war chest without donations. That's reality.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    As far as I know, the only manufacturer of ball point pens left in this country, is a small factory on the Blackfoot Reservation, if it is even still in existence.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    In spite of my computer and TV being made in China (try and find one that isn't), I still feel justified in dissing the NRA for not getting a little more resourceful in procuring junk-type 'gimmes' from U.S. sources.

I also see the NRA as one of the very few organizations that buy a very tiny piece of the U.S. Gov't that results in an occasional win for us. We need more organizations that work for, lobby for, John Q. Citizen.

smokeywolf
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Grand Master

I look at the NRA as a necessary evil. Without them you can rest assured that not a single one of us would own any legal firearm and we wouldn't have for many years now.

Yeah, I get pretty tired of constantly getting hit on for more money but what they do isn't going to be done on the cheap. All the mailings work or it simply wouldn't be done. Printing and mailing costs are high and if it didn't bring in more than is spent on it there would be no mailings.

An organization five million members strong gets the attention of all politicians. My state has one "D" Senator and he votes 90%+ in lock step with obummer but on the 2cnd he has a pretty solid pro gun record, our Senator believes in the power of the NRA's 5 million members. He's up for election this year and despite his record on guns he must be running scared, he spent the last week running around the state and running TV ads trying to drum up votes by blaming ebola on the Republicans.

Chinese pens? Yeah that's sad but here's a comparison. Several years ago while running our club I bought participation pins for the big matches, the NRA Nationals, the Extravaganza etc. Ya work up a design and that design is made into hat pins. I was buying about 300 pins per event at about $75 and they were from China. The same pins US made were over $500, in other words the club simply couldn't have bought them at all. Yep, a Chinese pen is a bummer even if it is understandable.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Buddy

If EVERY legal gun owner would join the NRA, there would not be a politician in this country, not local, state or federal, who would dare to bring an anti gun bill up for a vote. Ever. They can buy the pens from Venus for all I care. While not perfect, they are the absolute best we have, and if all gun owners would join, they would be unstoppable. The liberals call the NRA a "gun lobby". They are not. They are us.
    NRA Life Member
    Member Florida Carry
    Founding member/moderator COTEP