Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad DataInline Fabrication
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Wideners
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .357 Accuracy Woes

Hey hylander
    My question would be, to what end are you working for? If cloverleaf groups in paper is the goal, lower velocity and much tighter loading techniques could be the answer. In Lawnsteel play there are several GP100s being employed with success, so they can shoot. With only a couple exceptions, all Rugers being brought out to play Lawnsteel, are capable of pinpoint accuracy. By that, I mean hitting targets of less than four square inches with a cast projectile at a range of seventy yards out with stock "Iron sights". We have had "Ruger only tournaments" complete with Ruger sponsored awards.
    Attachment 115806 It is common for us to expect this type of accuracy from our Rugers. So my advice in your quest for accuracy may be to load down rather than up. Keep us posted.
    Roy

Groo here
    Question: what does the gun shoot with Federal factory?
    Or any factory 357?

Boolit Buddy
    My GP really liked the lyman 358429. Over red dot or clays in 38 cases or over max 296 charges in 357 i know it shoots better than I can

Winchester 296 has always been a great powder for the 357 magnum, even with lead gas-checked boolits. The reloader must know, however, that these are not sissy loads. 296 is designed for heavier boolits and hotter loads which make the 357 magnum into a magnum. With higher velocities and lower pressures, 296 is hard to beat in the cartridge. You will like the accuracy too.

Man o man I must be hearing about young eyes. I know my GP 100 can shoot. I cna hit 5 inch plates at 20 yards regularly if I remember to center my sights. Hitting a 12 inch gong at 100 yards using .357mag cartridges is no big deal either and from a rest bordering on easy. The days of being able to shoot 1 inch groups at 25 yards are long over for this kid. It isn't the guns fault the young man aged.

I do think young or old shooting 1 inch groups at 25 yards is for talented shooters. For most hitting a 4 inch circle regularly at that distance off a bench would be something to talk about.

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12