MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionLoad DataTitan ReloadingWideners
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything

Thread: shot my first bbdt boolits today

shot my first bbdt boolits today

As the title says I shot my first bbdt boolits today and I must say I am very happy and impressed.Not a spot of lead anywhere in the barrel of my Henry Big Boy or the Freedom Arms 83.I will be using powdercoated boolits from now on.Oh and the colors were powderby the pound super durable wet black and red and the john deere green.

Boolit Buddy
    I was in love with pic the first time I tried it. Even loading them was great no greasy fingers.

I just shot my first PC bullets on Saturday and I am the same way. Zero leading and pleased with the results. Loaded up some more for the range last night.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
    - Samuel Adams

COTEP CBOB0736

I shot about 300 of them this past week 50 to test and 250 at a USPSA match. Love the no smoke but I still got a lil leading at the muzzle end. Much less leading than the 45/45/10 in the same bullet.

I'm sure it has to do with my cheap oven as it barely gets to 400 and sometimes I've noticed it dips to 375ish so I bake for 15 mins compared to 10. Going to pick up an convection oven here eventually.

I don't think I can go back to smokey lubed bullets that I have to wipe the noses clean ever again.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 06ackley View Post
    As the title says I shot my first bbdt boolits today and I must say I am very happy and impressed.Not a spot of lead anywhere in the barrel of my Henry Big Boy or the Freedom Arms 83.I will be using powdercoated boolits from now on.Oh and the colors were powderby the pound super durable wet black and red and the john deere green.
    Did you PC the Accurate 502-325G you had made? If so how is it shooting?

Yes I did and I am very happy with how it has been shooting.I will be going again Sunday afternoon and plan on shooting it over the chrony to see how fast they are going.Got to be ready for deer season. My daughter had me mix the red and black together so now I have root beer colored boolits.

Boolit Master
    Good to hear! I just snagged one of those mold in brass for 52$ on ebay, with handles, and a .501 sizer. I want to try it out in a Beowulf for a lightweight option. For the price I wont cry if it wont shoot.

How do you like the wulf?I have thought about getting one myself but cant seem to justify it.I am very happy with the 50ae and had an Enfield built in the 50ae also.Of course I haven't justified quite a few of my others so you just never know.

Boolit Master
    The wulf is not as accurate as 99% of my firearms, but that doesn't matter. In fact the accuracy may just be me because I can hand if off to a good shooter who has not fired it, and they can hit golf balls at 100 yards pretty quick usually. I have developed a twitch because if it, and can only keep it around 3 inches at 100 yards. But it is a blast to rip 8 inch steep plates off their chains at 100 yards, and with quick followups I would not hesitate taking anything in north America with it within 150 yards. I carried it for elk last year, but got skunked. It is a hoot to shoot, and uses the same powders I use in the Blackouts here so it has a place. I wouldn't get rid of mine unless someone offered me a ridiculous price. Anything I own is for sale if someone really wants it. I just wish there was a high pressure version for the AR-10 platform. The Beowulf likes cast, and so far the best accuracy with ASBB PC boolits has been the Lee 502440. I can do the same size groups as the Rainier plated bullets with it. I have not tried a premium bullet in it like the Hornady 500 grain which apparently the Wulf likes, and some claim will do sub MOA with.
    The hope with the new Accurate mold is it will shoot better in the Wulf than the Accurate 501335B I have here. To nose heavy, and not enough bearing surface for a rifle pushing it under 2000FPS I think. If it does shoot better I will probably get rid of the old mold.

Boolit Buddy

OK, need some help here...trying to follow this. What is bbdt and PC?

Yes, I'm new.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbarr View Post

Yes, I'm new.
    PC= powder coat, and BBDT= air soft BB dry tumble.

Here is a thread for the cheapest method to get into this. I have the HF ES gun, but this is faster, and produces good results. http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...powder-coating

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbarr View Post

Yes, I'm new.
    The answers you seek:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...gs-acronym-key
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.