RotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackboxReloading Everything
WidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Lee Precision

Thread: Excited to hear some hunting stories

Excited to hear some hunting stories

My dad gets to hunt pretty much all fall and winter. I on the other hand am raising a family and am limited on my time away from home. Well enough of the ramble.

I look forward to reading about the hunts here with cast boolits. You guys are a rare breed these days. Your stories remind me of dad and grandpa's stories and keep me from getting cabin fever. I am excited to hopefully take my kids outdoors when they get bigger!

Good luck this year hunting!

David
    The road less traveled ain't for the faint of heart

Boolit Master
    Me too. The hunting section is always the first section I check when I log on but thru the summer there's not much happening. Once deer seasons start around the country things liven up quite a bit.
    Ive been working like a dog all summer and ain't got to shoot much. I'm so looking forward to knocking the dust off my vaquero and getting ready for deer season.
    Im overrun with rabbits here this year and plan on putting my 32 mag to work as soon as it frosts!
    Some people live and learn but I mostly just live

On Heaven's Range

You want a hunting story?

Do a search for "Karen moose", and click on the thread called "the day Karen met the moose".

THAT'S a "hunting story!
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by BruceB View Post
    You want a hunting story?

Do a search for "Karen moose", and click on the thread called "the day Karen met the moose".

THAT'S a "hunting story!
    Bruce,

Now that is what I call a hunting story! I hope Karen has recovered from her injuries.

Thank you for sharing the story.

David Jones
    The road less traveled ain't for the faint of heart

In Remembrance
    Funny, when I read the op, I thought he needs to read about Karens moose. lol

Boolit Master

How about a link to "Karen's" story
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

In Remembrance

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfer View Post
    Me too. The hunting section is always the first section I check when I log on but thru the summer there's not much happening. Once deer seasons start around the country things liven up quite a bit.
    Ive been working like a dog all summer and ain't got to shoot much. I'm so looking forward to knocking the dust off my vaquero and getting ready for deer season.
    Im overrun with rabbits here this year and plan on putting my 32 mag to work as soon as it frosts!
    wolfer, this heat really has some big copperheads moving in the fields, you see any over there? Guess we can't share the stories of them but my home made shot in the 357 shot capsul works fine!
    Look twice, shoot once.

Boolit Master
    Nope, I ain't seen a one. Most excitement I've had while at home was at 11:00 last night. The dogs had an armadillo bayed in a bucket at the back door.
    I carried it to the back fence, dumped it out and kicked it in the butt.

I know it's good to have plenty of work but this 6 and 7 day a week thing is hard on an old man!
    Some people live and learn but I mostly just live

Boolit Buddy
    I like reading all the stories too! Haven't shot a deer in years though but everybody & thier dog seems to be shooting these pigs! I think I'd like to try that, would be perfect for my blackout plus they're made out of sausage & bacon!

About all I hunt now days is some birds & bunnies. Might go out here soon & break in my new to me 11-87 on some dove. Place I used to have in the country has a natural dope patch out back & they're so thick you could use a slingshot. It's almost unfair... Almost!