Titan ReloadingWidenersInline FabricationReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: accurate molds

Boolit Buddy

accurate molds

Well after reading several threads on Tom's molds I ordered one on sunday, today it was in the mailbox. All I can say is thanks a lot now instead of having to wait for a NOE buy all I have to do is go to the accurate molds website and pick the one I want. This is my first brass mold and is so nice I should put it on a shelf and admire it but that would be a wast so I cast some boolits and I think I should put them on a shelf to look at. I do'nt know how RCBS and Lyman keep going with small shops like accurate and the others here producing the molds like this.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    I do'nt know how RCBS and Lyman keep going with small shops like accurate and the others here producing the molds like this.
    Mack, completely echo your sentiment! I too ordered another on Sunday & was in the mailbox today. I'm on my 5th Accurate and know there will be more
    And if your reading ... Thanks Tom for your excellent product!
    Regards
    John

Boolit Buddy
    I have replaced the majority of the molds that I own with Accurate two cavity iron molds, the remainder of the molds I bought from NOE. I just received a two cavity iron from Tom about two weeks ago for my 30/30. I prefer iron when I can get them, but I have several brass NOE molds as well. While I've not ordered a brass mold from Tom @ Accurate, I can vouch for his Iron molds, they are works of art.

I also don't know how RCBS and Lyman can keep selling molds, the only thing they've got is the price point. Price to me is secondary if I can't get a boolit big enough to fit and function without leading. However, as word gets out about Accurate and NOE producing molds that will work with alloys that are more available, such as wheelweights and range scrap, their sales are bound to take a hit.

Anyone have a link to Ace molds to share?

Banned

I don't believe there is a web site. Look in group buys, there are many and email/pm Josh. He is a good guy.

Boolit Master

http://accuratemolds.com/
    I ordered a 4 cavity aluminum mold on 8/13 and received it today. Excellent quality. This is my 6th mold from Tom.
    Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway. John Wayne

A man has to do what a man has to do. John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Yodogsandman View Post
    Anyone have a link to Ace molds to share?
    I have wondered about that one too I have some from group buy that I like , but have no idea what else they offer

Boolit Master
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/member.php?21725-338RemUltraMag

Just type in on the google forum search (top right) A.C.E. molds

Boolit Master
    Many of my molds are from Accurate Molds. Tom does excellent work and his turn around time is very reasonable, not to mention that I like to design my own molds. An email to him and he typically responds back in less than 24 hours by saying he has it up in his catalog and to take a look. He's draws up exactly what I asked each time and I purchased my custom design, simple as that. All this and I typically have it at my door step in 2 weeks or less.

Banned

Accurate is excellent. Excellent molds and excellent service. We are blessed to have Accurate/Tom.

Boolit Buddy
    I just wrote a comment regarding Tom. It was in response to a member needing guidance on a 327 design. This site is so damn big it's hard to keep track of similar subject posts!

Anyway, I read about Tom through this forum and am thankful for it. I had a lot of back-and-forth e-mails with Tom and he never was impatient and was always refining the topic.

He also saved me some shipping $ based on multiple orders. Thank you to Tom and CB Members

Boolit Master
    While I agree with folks on ACCURATE molds, don't diss LYman too much, they wrote the book on this stuff, when folks throw mold numbers around.....it's usually Lyman numbers they're using, they are by far the most common mold in my collection, and wish I had them all in their excellent 4 cavity style.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by MT Chambers View Post
    While I agree with folks on ACCURATE molds, don't diss LYman too much, they wrote the book on this stuff, when folks throw mold numbers around.....it's usually Lyman numbers they're using, they are by far the most common mold in my collection, and wish I had them all in their excellent 4 cavity style.
    I am sorry if I seem to dis Lyman or RCBS, I did not intend to. I have lyman and RCBS molds and they do work but at 80$ or so plus shipping and mixed avalibality Accurate is 116$ plus shipping and have anything I want in 10 days that is made to prefection it seems to me the big guys have almost priced themselvs out of the market. I understand they have high overhead and other costs the custom shops do not have but still they must hold some advantage to sell and I do not see it.

Boolit Mold
    I received my first Accurate mold today. What a beauty. It is a brass two cavity model, for .452 bullets for 45LC and 454 Casull. I hope it drops bullets that look as good as the mold does.

Boolit Buddy
    I likely. ordered similar design as you, Mongo, and got it fast as well. I was lucky though. In a machine, Magma, you get 2 streams of lead through the orifice plate. In hindsight, a dual design with a ~25% increase in weight was risky. Gotta over-fill the small cavity to ensure a fill on the larger of the two

Boolit Grand Master

Ordered my first Accurate mould Monday, should see it in a couple of weeks. I used a version of one of his stock designs, pretty sure it'll work better than anything I could design but that might be fun someday.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.