Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionWidenersLoad Data
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Repackbox

Thread: A new hunting seat

Boolit Master

A new hunting seat

Last year I was invited to go hunting with my brother in law where he has permits to take some nuisance deer. He had ten permits and filled seven. We hunted some cornfields that were pretty long to hike around and there was no cover and whatever was brought in had to be brought out. There were no trees for stands so I brought a folding chair that I tied a sling to but it was a pain to hike in and out. This year I have been invited again so I decided to do something different. I took an old bar stool my wife bought some 20 years back that neither of us use and has been in storage. So I cut off about 18 inches of it, took the rest apart and filled all the crevices with wood glue and put it back together. I then took some boards, screwed them into the legs and then took two more boards and screwed all those together for a solid platform. I then painted it and it sits at a comfortable height for me and I sat on it for some time and it holds me just fine. It will much easier to hike in and out than that stupid chair from last year. The best part is it cost me nothing, all the materials including the paint were already here.

Whatever cannot be remedied, must be endured.

Moderator Emeritus

That is one great idea.....thanks...
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Bub
    Looks great, but hard to see how you could carry it very easily.

Boolit Mold
    I generally hunt at ground level, and like to find a spot or two to sit in for a few hours to all day, and I found that a partially inflated inner tube for a wheelbarrow can be pretty comfy to sit on, and easy to carry in and out.

Boolit Grand Master

I'm leaning up against a tree sitting on a collapsible tripod seat as I type this. I'm wondering how that stool is comfortable to carry in? I usually get by w/ a "hot seat" cushion that I attach to my pack w/ a carabiner. Only reason I have the seat is it rained all night. Lugging in a crossbow is enough weight for me. Now if I could leave that stool in the woods it looks perfect

Boolit Master
    A five gallon bucket with a lid is lighter, has a handle, and just about perfect to carry / store miscellaneous items and makes a respectable seat. It's waterproof, so it can be left in the woods. I have one under every tree stand. It keeps a comfy seat cushion dry so I don't have to lug it in and out.

Winelover