MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee PrecisionReloading Everything
RotoMetals2WidenersTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Load Data

Thread: Anyone familiar with the SAECO #115 boolit mold?

Anyone familiar with the SAECO #115 boolit mold?

I recently purchased a SAECO #115 boolit mold for my 9mm. It is a 2 cavity mold producing a 125 grain(122 nominal) pointy(spire point?) slug. It drops at .359 using range scrap for me.

I loaded some using the same load I used previously for the Lee 356-125-2R with good success. I am going to try them out this weekend and see how they shoot.

Any one have experience with this boolit?

I've been using it for my Ruger SR9c with very good results. I've been using 3.8 grains of Bullseye with decent accuracy.

Boolit Master

I dont have the Saeco #115 but i do have the #384 the flat base version of the #115,.

I use them in 9mm and 38 super pistols sized @ .357 dia, and in S&W 38/357 mag revolvers sized@ .358 dia, when im shooting steel matches and for faster reloads with full moon clips.

I also have the Saeco#377-122gr tc , #929 145gr swc and the RCBS 124gr rn gc

I have usually gotten my best accuracy with med fast powders in my 9mm's/38 super's, Power Pistol , HS-6 & WSF has worked very well for me.

Boolit Master
    I powder coat the Saeco #115 bullet with excellent results. The powder coating and bevel base allows it to properly feed in my bullet feeder, something cast lubed bullets will not do. I haven't found a 9 mm (Glock, Walther, HK, S&W, Sig) that this bullet doesn't function in and it is now my main 9 mm bullet. It also gives me very good accuracy, but I haven't spent any time developing the best load; it is on my things to do list.