Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2WidenersRepackbox
Titan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication

Thread: low carb recipes

Boolit Buddy

low carb recipes

So I started on a low carb diet and it is a bit challening but the effects were almost instant...I am diabetic and after three days my Sugar was down to 105 without medication. The highest has been 130 in two weeks.
    REcipes are the hardest part of making it work so I thought I would share a couple.

Breakfast
    Get some ground flaxseed and add 1/4 cup to a microwave safe cup. I use a large coffee cup. Beat 1 egg and add it to the flaxseed. add 1 tsp of oil and 1-2 packs of sweet and low or splenda. 1/2 tsp of vanilla and a pinch of salt. Microwave this for 1.5 mins on high and serve warm with a little cream cheese and Walden Farms strawberry spread.
    Great muffin and sugar free as well as carb free

Dinner
    Pan grill a pork chop seasoned with Season salt, black pepper and garlic powder over med high heat in a non stick pan. Turn after 4 mins and add a handful of musrooms around cutlet. After 4 mins more place mushroom over cutlet and cover with shredded jack cheese. Variations: Add jalapenos; chili powder; sriracha; avocado; on top

Boolit Master

Mock garlic mashed potatoes

1 medium head cauliflower
    1-2 tablespoon sour cream
    1/4 cup grated Parmesan
    1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (I use roasted)
    1/8 teaspoon straight chicken base or bullion (may substitute 1/2 teaspoon salt)
    1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    3 tablespoons butter

Set a stockpot of water to boil over high heat.

Clean and cut cauliflower into small pieces. Cook in boiling water for about 10 minutes, or until well done. Drain well; do not let cool and pat cooked cauliflower very dry between several layers of paper towels.

In a bowl with an immersion blender, or in a food processor, puree the hot cauliflower with the sour cream, Parmesan, garlic, chicken base, and pepper until smooth.

This recipe has fooled children, never had a clue it was cauliflower instead of potatoes.

Boolit Master

Roasted Cauliflower Gratin

Ingredients

• 1 large head (2 pounds) cauliflower (outer leaves removed), broken into 1 1/2-inch florets
    • 3 tablespoons canola oil
    • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
    • 1/2 cup heavy cream
    • 1 small clove garlic, minced
    • 1/2 cup grated Gruyere cheese
    • 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
    • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    • Pinch freshly grated nutmeg

Directions

Position oven racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven; preheat to 375 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
    Toss the cauliflower florets, oil and salt in a mixing bowl to coat. Spread the florets on the baking sheet, flat edges down. (Wipe out the bowl; you'll use it again.) Bake on the lower rack for 20 minutes, then turn the oven on broil. Once it's preheated, transfer the cauliflower to the top rack and broil for 7 to 10 minutes, until nicely browned and tender. Keep the broiler on.
    Transfer the florets to the same bowl you first used. Add the cream, garlic, Gruyere cheese, half of the Parmigiano-Reggiano and all the pepper and nutmeg. Stir to incorporate, then spoon the cauliflower into a large gratin dish. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmigiano-Reggiano and return to the broiler for 5 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly.
    Serve hot.

Boolit Buddy
    My wife and I have been trying the same thing, she made mustard style potato salad and used califlower instead of potatoes and didn't tell me. If it wasn't for the smell of the cauliflower, I would not have known. It was very good. It didn't last in the fridge long though, got smelly pretty fast. Maybe make in small batches.

Randy

Is there a good recipe book for this kind of cooking? Details please.

Boolit Buddy
    There are a huge amount of low carb cookbooks out there now...some have ingredients that are expensive like soy protein and arrowroot for thickeners. But even the interenet gives alot of recipes for free that are low carb...you will see thousands of results

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I started a low carb diet last week, and have lost 6# so far. I think I will go with the Paleo diet for long term most likely, although it is kind of an expensive way to eat. I guess I'll try it until I go broke, and can't afford food at all.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

Shooterbob that flax seed breakfast muffin is a good one. Also good with a hand full of blueberries served with cinnamon, melted butter and splenda on top.

Boolit Buddy
    X2 on that Boomer, another on the flaxseed is pancakes...add a couple of teaspoons of almond flour and a 1/8 tsp of baking soda and comes out great....can make in larger batches as well.
    My Girlfriend made me unsweetened coconut macaroons with splenda and lime juice...heaven