Inline FabricationReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Lee PrecisionWidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky

Thread: Bought a Vintage Beeman HW77k with 25mm piston

Boolit Master

Bought a Vintage Beeman HW77k with 25mm piston

Cant wait to get my hands on it. I have really been wanting this gun!! I need a rear sight now

glad you got it over on the yellow.I was close.Try Darrel's airguns in Portland Oregon.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries

Boolit Master
    Pyramid has a peep sight that I may try. Will keep a look out for a original style sight

Boolit Buddy
    Ahhhhh surely the HW77k is manufactured by Weihrauch in Germany. Beeman are only the importers/retailers .................................. that is unless of course Beeman make a rifle and are using the Weihrauch number which surely is bad practice. Do Beeman actually make any guns?? I recall when I was more involved with air guns that Beeman didn't make anything only had stuff made by others. Has this changed in recent years?

nope, Beeman just puts their name on stuff.it used to be only on quality stuff but now its in anything they can make money on.

Yes the Beeman name was sold a few years ago. Pyramyd Air probably has the proper HW77 rear sight in stock.

I wanted a different Front Sight for my R1 as the one that came with it looks like it has interchangeable inserts but is actually solid.. They had a replacement HW35 front sight which does have interchangeable inserts.

I actually have the rear sight for my HW77 but you can't have it.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    HW77 came in today and all I can say is WOW. I should have started with one of these. Its German quality at its best. Makes my RWS 350 look like a pellet gun

Quote Originally Posted by GARD72977 View Post
    HW77 came in today and all I can say is WOW. I should have started with one of these. Its German quality at its best. Makes my RWS 350 look like a pellet gun
    I just got a FWB 124 sport deluxe and what a work of art ! it comes close to my TX200 for accuraccy.I do still like my RWS 34 and 52 though.I would like to own a HW77 or 97 in 177.

two groups of the lower at 25 yards with the FWB.

Attachment 114608
    Last edited by HARRYMPOPE; 08-26-2014 at 07:55 PM.

Boolit Master
    I feel a FWB300 in my future. That FWB 124 is a very nice rifle. What king of FPS are you getting. I assume the shot cycle is very smooth!!!

800 with 8.4 pellets.its pretty smooth but moves a bit when fired.it has very eady cocking stroke.

Boolit Master
    that pretty stout. I would love to shoot one.

Boolit Master

HarryPope

Those groups and that velocity with a medium heavy pellet look like exactly what I need to reach out and touch the Grackles in the driveway.
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

On Birds the size of Mocking Birds I usually just aim Center Mass on the breast. I have never had one fly after being hit, they typically drop like a stone out to about 25-30 yards.

However when you get out in the 40-50 yard range a .177 cal pellet is at the end of it's power band but they still generally drop strait down. when the targets get bigger like in the large bird (dove sized and above) you really need a larger pellet.

My wife bought me my .22 cal. HW77 in 1991 when it became evident that Mocking Birds at 40+ yards were the main target. I was missing too many shots with the .177 and unless I hit high in the breast (neck area) or in the head they would fly off. I seldom got a strait on shot so this became the problem.

Any hit with the .22 dropped the bird. Period Crows no problem!

I have shot literally hundreds of these nuisance birds and the results speak for themselves the .22 even though it is moving slower kills better.

I haven't gotten to shoot any pests with my R1 however the accuracy is there and 22 gr pellets will do the job and I have no doubt about it.

I might be trying it out on a Raccoon that has been tearing up my yards as tonight is a full moon. the shot will be 15 to 20 yards max.

I have been after this critter for 4years now and it won't go into a trap so the only way to deal with it is to shoot it.

The problem is getting the shot in the first place. It has proven easier said than done.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

is much as I like my 177's I agree with WR. Up to about 35 or so yards does great on the feral pigeons i shoot and collared doves.Much farther and i go to the 22 and it really thumps them down.to about 70 yards is my limit on tbe big rats with wings.
    I have a Santa Rosa .177 R1 on the way I hope to stretch out with heavy pellets though.

George

Boolit Buddy
    My 300S Running Boar in .177, scoped, is deadly on even squirrels (headshots only) out to 25 yds. When I need greater power/range, I go to my HW97 in .20 caliber, but limit my shots to 40-45 yds. If there is significant wind, 35 yds is more realistic.
    Got-R-Did.