Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationRepackboxLee Precision
Wideners RotoMetals2

Thread: August 2014 Costa Mesa, CA gunshow

Boolit Master

August 2014 Costa Mesa, CA gunshow

GF and I went to the Cross roads of the West gun show at the Orange County fairgrounds today.

A nice drive from Pomona, about 30 minutes, parking 7 bucks 16 each to get in.

Nicer show than Ontario and small crowds at the supply booths, lots of ammo for sale and most powders.

Powder was 24.95 a pound primers the same per 1K so not to bad, the bad news was 13 cents a round for 22LR ammo which is what every "dealer" was asking as well as a few sandbagers that were working out of duffle bags and back packs.

Pretty sure these are the guys who hang around wal mart at 5:30 AM to snag every round that comes in!

Sure wish I thought that was funny.

Nice displays of about everything, went because the next show will be Thanksgiving and I'll be out of town so I won't attend another show until Jan or Feb 2015.

Up shot of this show was a nice CH 3 station H press, with both universal shell holders and a CH push button powder measure, asking price was 120 he took my offer of 100 if I carried the heavy thing out the door, which I did!

I got a set of the Lee snap in shell holders and each die set come with one of course so I shouldn't have any trouble setting this up for 223 in the morning!

Need to call CH4D Monday and see what the want for a bushing set for the powder measure, however I think I did good on the press and measure deal!

Thanks for posting this. It's good to hear about the different address and how the shows there are going.

Thanks.
    Dave

All of my years living in SoCal, I always thought the Costa Mesa show was better than the San Diego show. Hit the OC swap meet next door too. Get your supply of knock-off sunglasses and incense while there.

Boolit Master
    Was anybody selling Bullseye?
    If so I need to drive down for the next show !

Jerry
    S&W .38/44 Outdoorsman Accumulator

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetal View Post
    GF and I went to the Cross roads of the West gun show at the Orange County fairgrounds today.

A nice drive from Pomona, about 30 minutes, parking 7 bucks 16 each to get in.
    If you don't mind a little extra walking, just park in the (free) swap meet parking & hoof it in. I inevitably need the exercise [too much love for cookies & ice cream! ]

CotW usually has some $1 off coupons you can find online to at least take some of the sting out of paying for admission to someplace the prices are usually high if not flat out absurd. I went to the Costa Mesa show about 10 years ago & was so turned off by the experience I've never been back. I keep reading about people finding good deals at gun shows & have come to the conclusion that these must only exist at gun shows east of the Sierra Nevada & west of the Appalachians?

Wish I could say that CotW gun shows were worth my time, but from the reports I've heard, I'm not counting on it. Maybe some time when I'm in a more firearm-friendly environment than the PRK [People's Republik of Kommifornia?]

Boolit Master
    GLL
    sorry about being a little late checking back on my thread but yes I saw Bullseye in both 1 and 4 pound containers, so I would make the next show at Costa Mesa if you can.