Load DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
WidenersInline FabricationRepackboxReloading Everything
Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paper Patching a R.O.A.?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tar Heel View Post
    The article shows that when you cast a .456 bullet and stuff it into a .451 chamber, you eliminate any lube grooves and/or lubricant on the bullet you just stuffed in there. T
    I urge you to try Dick Dastardly's BigLube bullets. You can buy them or cast them yourself. They have a HUGE lube groove that eliminates the problem with the Lee bullet. I've had great luck with mine and shoot almost nothing else. I use no wad or lube over the bullet and I shoot soft lead. I can shoot endless strings without any leading at all. I shoot very hot loads of 45gr of Triple Seven in a deepened ROA cylinder as well as a Classicballistx cylinder (which is better than Rugers!)

http://www.biglube.com/BulletMolds.a...9-68ebfdaba982
    [

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholst55 View Post
    Tar Heel - did you ever follow through and have a custom mold made for your ROA? Just curious.
    I did not. With the accuracy of the RB's, I just couldn't spend the money. Also there are some other pre-existing molds already out there had I decided to fuss with the conical bullets. I spent that money getting set up to cut my own felt wads for the 36's and 45's. The molds on Dick Dastardly site look promising if one was to keep at the conicals in the ROA.
    Last edited by Tar Heel; 08-19-2014 at 03:49 AM.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Tar Heel View Post
    Has any other ROA user measured their cylinder diameters? I am very curious to see if perhaps my early production revolver has exceptionally tight chambers.
    My ROA is a 2008 stainless model and measures right at .451 on all cylinders.

Jim
    Last edited by pakrat57; 08-19-2014 at 02:35 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12