Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackboxReloading Everything
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Perry is gone

Boolit Master

Perry is gone

Looks like we lost another good one. GEEZ! seems we can't catch a break.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Grand Master

????????
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master

Gov Rick Perry I think,
    AUSTIN, Texas – Texas Gov. Rick Perry has been indicted for abuse of power after carrying out a threat to veto funding for state public corruption prosecutors.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...r-veto-threat/
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

In Remembrance
    I seriously doubt this goes anywhere, just some of the democratic playbook being hashed out.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GOPHER SLAYER View Post
    Looks like we lost another good one. GEEZ! seems we can't catch a break.
    Slick Rick isn't so slick anymore these days. I always wondered why out of state folks thought he was so great. Ever wonder how he got that nickname long ago?

Boolit Grand Master

Perry said Lehmberg, who is based in Austin, should resign after she was arrested and pleaded guilty to drunken driving in April 2013. A video recording made at the jail showed Lehmberg shouting at staffers to call the sheriff, kicking the door of her cell and sticking her tongue out.
    Lehmberg faced pressure from other high-profile Republicans in addition to Perry to give up her post. Her blood-alcohol level was nearly three times the legal limit for driving.
    Lehmberg served about half of her 45-day jail sentence but stayed in office, despite Perry's assertions that her behavior was inappropriate.

This is what Perry did and I like him more for it. http://news.msn.com/us/texas-perry-i...or-veto-threat

A special prosecutor spent months calling witnesses and presenting evidence that Perry broke the law when he promised publicly to nix $7.5 million over two years for the public integrity unit run by the office of Travis County Democratic District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg. Lehmberg was convicted of drunken driving, but refused Perry's calls to resign.
    Perry's general counsel, Marry Anne Wiley, defended the governor's action.
    "The veto in question was made in accordance with the veto authority afforded to every governor under the Texas Constitution," she said. "We will continue to aggressively defend the governor's lawful and constitutional action, and believe we will ultimately prevail."

Boolit Grand Master

Typical liberal BS, when you have zero ideas of your own and aren't capable forming any you do the only thing left, anything you can dream up that the liberal media will jump all over to smear and destroy the opposition. The only thing this really proves is that they fear him therefore destroy him. Same will happen to the next likely GOP candidate.

Rick
    Last edited by cbrick; 08-15-2014 at 08:50 PM.
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Grand Master

Just politics, nothing more. Rick Perry is a good man, I'll leave it at that.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master

I'm betting this is much like the phony prosecution of House Majority Leader Tom Delay, also in a
    Texas politically tainted case, where he was convicted but on appeal the conviction was overturned
    and he was formally acquitted of all charges. Delay was originally protected by the statute of limitations,
    but he waived it himself, preferring to get it cleared up in court rather than have this hanging
    over him and giving his enemies the ability to claim that he was guilty but "got off on a technicality".
    Unfortunately, he agreed to step down and not run during the trial, so the Persecutor (no misspelling)
    achieved his goal of getting a very effective Republican out of Congress.

The Democrat prosecutors in Texas seem particularly prone to bringing these political cases, which appear to
    be mostly based on "getting at your enemy". Seems to always be a Dem prosecutor going after
    a powerful Republican, with questionable basis in fact, but a easily swayed jury or judge.

We'll see how far this witch hunt goes.

Bill
    Last edited by MtGun44; 08-15-2014 at 11:36 PM.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Sounds like libtard gossip to me.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    They did the same thing to Scott Walker in Wisconsin. News flash, he's still there! Election cycle sniping.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Banned

These are the same liberal joto maricons that went after Delay.

Boolit Master
    Democrats and criminal aliens getting more and more of a foothold in Texas. It is beyond sad.

smokeywolf
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

In Remembrance
    Dumbacrats have had a huge foothold in Austin for many years.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    Dumbacrats have had a huge foothold in Austin for many years.
    Eventually, that disease spreads.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Master

Go to the Drudge Report You can see how the libtards in Austin are handling this.Look at the viedo of the drunk and you can see why he threaten to withhold funds until she resigned.
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Boolit Master

He's still a lot more attractive, both physically and politically, than Chris Crispycreme.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    Winston Churchill

Boolit Grand Master

Yeah....take a minute to research who filed the complaint. A liberal group formed to go after Bush in 2000 and 2004. That they found a Democrat in Austin to file and a grand jury to indict is no surprise. Remember the political prosecution of Tom Delay which was thrown out?

The Dems in Texas can't win elections so spend their time in the courts trying to get the results they don't like overturned. That Perry would try to force out a DA that was arrested for drunk driving and threaten a veto if she did not resign does not bother me in the least. A Gov, President etc that threatens a veto of legislation to get what he/she wants somewhere else is unheard of isn't it?

Remember the old saw about a grand jury and a ham sandwich?

btw: notice the timing? Right on cue for the 2016 Election. Gee, that's odd isn't it
    Last edited by jonp; 08-16-2014 at 12:25 PM.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by monadnock#5 View Post
    He's still a lot more attractive, both physically and politically, than Chris Crispycreme.
    Lay off crispy creme. You have not lived until you hit the lit up Hot Donut Now sign.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by monadnock#5 View Post
    "Chris Crispycreme"
    Now I have to clean the monitor again .. coffee is so had to get out of those cracks
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast