WidenersLee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLoad DataRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GT bullets????

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaDoubleJ View Post
    Run, theirs is a TC with a crimp groove, similar to the one you listed, just a different nose.

475, keep us updated, curious how they work out, although I may get a half order in the meantime and see what happens.
    Will do, I hope to get out next week and shoot some.

I ordered a small batch of their 220gr hollow points. These are supposed to be sized .430. I'll report back once bullets have been received.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

220's arrived. A random sample of 10 weighs between 218.6 and 221.3 grains. Diameter is .4295. They all look nice and I don’t see any droopy bullets or missing lube. They do seem a little soft though and scratch fairly easy with a thumbnail.

I will try to get these loaded sometime shortly after Christmas. Planning on running these in a new 44SPL Ruger GP100 when it arrives. I'll load with 11.0gr of Red Dot.

Last edited by usbp379; 12-24-2016 at 05:41 PM.

Feedback on these is positive. I have pushed them to close to 1100 fps witn no serious leading although recoil is getting a little stout from the 3" 44SPL at that point. Accuracy has been quite pleasing and I'll likely be buying more once this batch of 250 is gone.

Boolit Mold
    I've been loading with them for a couple of years now. IMHO as good maybe better than the norm. Quality alloy great expansion good groups out to two hundred yards. Mostly 30 calibers and 44 s. Hope you find the same result.

Boolit Mold
    Sorry to revive this old thread but its the only info I have found across the web. Has anyone used Gt bullets .38 caliber 145gr swchp in 357 magnum loads. They seem to have a bh of 11.

Boolit Master

A friend sent me four varieties of there bullets. I requested UN SIZED AS CAST. Because I would be PC'ing them and would size to our own required sizes.

First thing I did was check sizes and hardness on my LBT BHN tester. As expected form sellers disclosed mix these bullets ranged from a 8-10 BHN. For our use these will be just fine, Plus the PC will help allot of more (lil) velocity is needed. Expansion at 1K or less its whats needed.

The bullets looked fine, no culls seen for 400 pcs.

These last ones are my Fav. They are a 185g HP 362 dia bullet.

I realize a GC isn't needed for the velocities, but prefer to use one on bullet designs calling for one.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by cwlongshot View Post
    A friend sent me four varieties of there bullets. I requested UN SIZED AS CAST. Because I would be PC'ing them and would size to our own required sizes.

First thing I did was check sizes and hardness on my LBT BHN tester. As expected form sellers disclosed mix these bullets ranged from a 8-10 BHN. For our use these will be just fine, Plus the PC will help allot of more (lil) velocity is needed. Expansion at 1K or less its whats needed.

The bullets looked fine, no culls seen for 400 pcs.

These last ones are my Fav. They are a 185g HP 362 dia bullet.

I realize a GC isn't needed for the velocities, but prefer to use one on bullet designs calling for one.

CW

Very nice looking with the pc, with his mix would it not yeild closer to 11 bhn? 8-10 is on the soft side.

I have recently started using GT bullets. They seem to be good quality consistent bullets, and the hardness is just what I was looking for. Seems like most cast bullets these days are diamond hard, amd these seem to be just right.
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Boolit Buddy
    I've ordered from him unsized and unlubed, size myself and they shoot great. No problems here, in my 30-30 or 357. I don't have an endless supply of lead so it's nice to be able to order 500 and have them on hand.

Boolit Mold
    I have been shooting the 55 grain hollow points in 25 caliber. Excellent accuracy and expansion from Reeder revolver, order another thousand in 25 caliber and 500 in 32 and 357 caliber. Very well pleased

I ordered a batch of .45-70 bullets from GT in May of 2023. I did get notified they were going to be delayed in shipping. Had actually forgotten about them then they arrived just for Christmas 2023. Long lead time I would have liked to be kept up to date on a monthly basis. The product looks very nice. Hard red lube with gas check. I'll use some LLA to coat them with and go have fun with my trap door.
    Dan, A fast bullseye shooter or slow action pistol shooter.

I bought some 390 gr bullets for my Trapdoor and they are fine. I would buy from GT again.

Boolit Master

Interesting to see a thread I commented on 8 years ago showing replies lol.

Boolit Master
    I’ve bought some of their 96-2-2 alloy. It was very clean, and worth the price premium over the 92-6-2 alloy I’ve purchased from Missouri Bullets. GT is processing orders from last May right now, so don’t expect to get bullets from them anytime soon. Lead-only orders ship fast.
    They use 96-2-2 alloy for pistol bullets and 94-3-3 alloy for rifle bullets.

Boolit Buddy
    Interesting, have been looking at them for a 35-303 project.

Boolit Buddy
    I just received bullets that I had ordered may23. Not happy with the turnaround time, I had expected them before September . But quality (and packing) looks excellent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12