Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading Everything
RepackboxSnyders JerkyWidenersLoad Data
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GT bullets????

Boolit Bub

GT bullets????

Has anyone one tried any of these GT Bullets?
    Check out the web at gtbullets.com
    Thought Id ask before ordering some.
    Thanks in advance.

They look like nice bullets. If you try them let us know how they are. Take care, Tom

Boolit Master

Mine look just as good, but more work.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Boolit Bub
    Stay CLEAR!!! I'm still cleaning lead out of my Kimber barrel.

Boolit Master

did you make sure they were sized just larger than your groove diameter? If not how can you blame them for using the wrong size boolit? Granted most commercial lubes are designed to stay in the grooves rather than actually lubricate.

Boolit Bub
    No I didn't measure them, they stated that they are sized to .401. I'm not blaming for size. It could be hardness or other specs??
    I loaded Mastercast lead bullets and they are not loading up my barrel with lead.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 77ruger View Post
    No I didn't measure them, they stated that they are sized to .401. I'm not blaming for size. It could be hardness or other specs??
    I loaded Mastercast lead bullets and they are not loading up my barrel with lead.
    Without knowing the size of the boolits you are shooting and the dimensions of your barrel you are really just guessing. You really need to find out these measurements, with this information you can make informed decisions about what needs to be done to fix the issue. It could be the lube, or the size, or the hardness but until you can start ruling out variables it is just shooting in the dark at a solution.

Where are you? I'm sure we have someone close to you that can help with getting the measurements if you do not have the tools to do so, the guys here love to help.

Boolit Bub
    Hey, Thanks for all your help. Yes, I have the tools and know how to measure boolits and barrels.I may have just got an unusual box of boolits. These people do have positive feedback, which makes me wonder now what was wrong with these. I got an email stating that my money would be returned, but that these bullets were damaged in the return shipping and could not be resold.???? The cast boolits that I have loaded from Mastercast you could have drove over them with the Post Office truck and still been able to shoot straight.??? I have asked twice about my refund, still waiting on a response. This is not what I call positive feedback. Thanks Again 77ruger

Boolit Grand Master

Not every commercial caster tightly controls the finished diameter of their bullets. While some may advertise .401", how do you know there wasn't an OOPS! with a few thousand running .399", and you got some of those? I bought cast bullets from Beartooth Bullets often (before I would buy a mold, I'd try some of the same bullets from Beartooth). One of the reasons being they offered several diameters per caliber (.44 cal. bullets are available from .429"-.432").

Before anyone can condemn any bullet they must have hard facts; actual bullet dimensions. If reloading/shooting lead bullets a micrometer is a necessary tool...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Buddy
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I have had a recent experience with GT I'd like to share. He sells two bullets for 45-70. I ordered both, one in .459 and one in .460 both were .001- .0015 undersized and wrinkled. They are advertised as being 2-2-96 alloy but I got suspicious when they tested. < 6 BHN so I took advantage of a recent deal here on castboolits and had them XrF analyzed along with some other alloys. Imagine my surprise when it came back 0-1.5-98.5

Nothing but crickets chirping to my inquiries to the seller. Highly NOT recommend. I don't believe his reviews.

Boolit Man
    Raising this one from the dead, anyone else have any experience with these guys? I'm putting together a .400 Cor Bon and GT has a special boolit for it with a crimp groove that looks promising. Reviews here do not look great though, but reviews on their site are nearly flawless.

Banned

the .400 cor-bon doesn't use a crimp.
    they might be doing what I'm doing and using their magma engineering 38-40 rnfp mold [it has a crimp groove]

Boolit Man
    Load data for the 400 is still very limited, and I don't even have a barrel, so my experience is the same, but looking at the cases, they're big .357 Sigs with no neck. I'd imagine that bullet setback would be just as much of an issue as it is in the .357, which can be resolved by a full case of AA9, or a crimp. At this point, I'm planning on using Unique in the 400, but have no idea what the case fill would be, so I had a crimp in mind to avoid issues. Moot point though, if their bullets are made from pure lead and load my barrel up.

Boolit Buddy
    I have ordered from them and requested that the bullets be as cast and not sized. I Hy-tec coated them and sized them no issues. I have not had a chance to shoot any yet but the order came fast and only had a couple bullets that had flaws, but I have gotten flaws with other casters as well. I hope to load and shoot some in a few weeks and will see how they do.

Boolit Man
    Run, theirs is a TC with a crimp groove, similar to the one you listed, just a different nose.

475, keep us updated, curious how they work out, although I may get a half order in the meantime and see what happens.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaDoubleJ View Post
    Raising this one from the dead, anyone else have any experience with these guys? I'm putting together a .400 Cor Bon and GT has a special boolit for it with a crimp groove that looks promising. Reviews here do not look great though, but reviews on their site are nearly flawless.
    I use the 180 gr. .38-40 from Missouri Bullet Company and crimp in the groove, works really well.

Boolit Man
    The RNFP? No issues with case capacity? Any chance I could get some load data?

Boolit Buddy
    The RNFP? No issues with case capacity? Any chance I could get some load data?
    I used the start load data for the 45 acp 230 gr. bullet and worked up. Universal, Unique and Longshot work well.

Boolit Man
    Ok, thank you. Wonder if HS-6 works, someone gave me 3lbs of it, and so far it's fine in my 9mm, 40, and 45.

Boolit Buddy
    Ok, thank you. Wonder if HS-6 works, someone gave me 3lbs of it, and so far it's fine in my 9mm, 40, and 45.
    It should, I load up 3 and try them then adjust up or down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast