RotoMetals2WidenersLoad DataRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Last Great "Dame" Has Gone!

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    Nice story Smokey,thanks for sharing! My introduction to Natalie Wood was in the film "The Searchers" with John Wayne. This was of course a story of a young girl abducted by the Cheyenne Indians. I'm sure we have all seen it as it is a classic and one of Ford's best films.

As a kid watching it on TV (2 channels) I can still remember the goose bumps when Wayne finally found her as a young woman which of course was played by Natalie!

A still of Wayne in that movie showing him with about a week worth of whiskers and looking rough,which I will put below, is one of my favorites!
    Last edited by seagiant; 08-14-2014 at 12:05 PM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    I just found a few more that Natalie had a role in.

Sadly she left us way to soon.

Natalie Wood was an American film and television actress best known for her screen roles in Miracle on 34th Street, Splendor in the Grass, Rebel Without a Cause, and West Side Story.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Grand Master

In 34 years in the studios with no shortage of exceptional lookers the hands down most stunning, most breath taking gorgeous is Jacqueline Smith. The camera did nothing for her, the make up department did little to nothing for her, when she showed up in the morning with no makeup she was at her best. To top it off she is also the most genuine, sweetest, nicest person you could meet. Just saw her in an interview a month or so ago and she is aging very well, still a remarkable looking lady.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by smokeywolf View Post
    Who's next? You know they always come in 3s.smokeywolf
    hehe. Yep, that's the old saying, I'll bet about half of Hollywood right about now has the nervous dribbles waiting for the next one.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    The funny thing to me is women who have that "something?" that can't really be named but does exist! To bad it can't be bottled! I guess MM was the best example in Hollywood being there were actually better looking women at the time and even better actresses but they never made a "Star" or turned men on like she did!
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Boolit Master
    If you Google Ava Gardner you can see, when it came to Hollywood beauties, she was without equal.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GOPHER SLAYER View Post
    If you Google Ava Gardner you can see, when it came to Hollywood beauties, she was without equal.
    [

Hi,
    Yes! Ava was considered by many to being the most beautiful woman in the world! She was a Southern gal (SC) and had to get rid or work on her strong accent for Hollywood!

Burt Lancaster told a story in his older age of making his first movie (The Killers) with Ava when a young man, and being "embarrassed" on the set in a kissing scene!!!

Her best acting to me was in "Night of the Iguana" with Richard Burton!

Boolit Buddy
    Hi,me and my young lady dropped into a pub near Harrods(London) in the 70s.Only one other couple in there and Yesiree,twas Ava Gardner.Drop dead georgeous does,nt adequately describe her.I was totally mesmerized!!!I returned home with bruised shins but I,ll never forget that occasion!
    Still in awe of a true beauty................Mike

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrick View Post
    In 34 years in the studios with no shortage of exceptional lookers the hands down most stunning, most breath taking gorgeous is Jacqueline Smith. The camera did nothing for her, the make up department did little to nothing for her, when she showed up in the morning with no makeup she was at her best. To top it off she is also the most genuine, sweetest, nicest person you could meet. Just saw her in an interview a month or so ago and she is aging very well, still a remarkable looking lady.

Rick
    Only saw Miss Smith once. I was on a plain clothes assignment on Rodeo Dr. and saw her go into Vidal Sasoon. Cartier Jewelers was kitty-corner across the street. Would have been a good time for someone to hold them up , as no one was looking in that direction.

One of the things that stunned me were the actresses who look spectacular on camera, but shockingly homely in person. In my opinion, Julia Roberts and Morgan Fairchild are prime examples of this paradox.

smokeywolf
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

When did cosmetic surgery come into play?
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.

Quote Originally Posted by hardy View Post
    Hi,me and my young lady dropped into a pub near Harrods(London) in the 70s.Only one other couple in there and Yesiree,twas Ava Gardner.Drop dead georgeous does,nt adequately describe her.I was totally mesmerized!!!I returned home with bruised shins but I,ll never forget that occasion!
    Still in awe of a true beauty................Mike
    Are you sure it wasn't the brewskis'...just kidding!
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by smokeywolf View Post
    One of the things that stunned me were the actresses who look spectacular on camera, but shockingly homely in person. In my opinion, Julia Roberts and Morgan Fairchild are prime examples of this paradox. smokeywolf
    You obviously have never met Demi Moore. She would scare the U out of the ugly stick and has a personality to match. Granted she looks better these days but she's had every surgery known to man, several multiple times. Pity she didn't stay married to Bruce Willis, they fully deserved each other.

Rick

CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrick View Post
    You obviously have never met Demi Moore. She would scare the U out of the ugly stick and has a personality to match. Granted she looks better these days but she's had every surgery known to man, several multiple times. Pity she didn't stay married to Bruce Willis, they fully deserved each other.

Rick
    No regrets here.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Buddy
    I always liked Ann Margaret and Raquel Welch.
    Think you can, or think you can't. Either way your right.

In Remembrance
    There was things about Raquel Welch, that a guy had to like. I have always thought she helped start the downhill slide of women in tv to what we have today though.

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    Yes,Ann Margaret and Racquel Welch were very sexy woman of the new generation. I like to look at where these women come from as far as family. Raquel Welch and Rita Hayworth both had Latin (Spanish) fathers.

Ann Margaret was actually Swedish and came to this country as a very young girl! These are just things you never think about or see on the screen but seem interesting to me and a big part of Americana!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Water Bill View Post
    I just found a few more that Natalie had a role in.

Sadly she left us way to soon.

Natalie Wood was an American film and television actress best known for her screen roles in Miracle on 34th Street, Splendor in the Grass, Rebel Without a Cause, and West Side Story.
    Don't forget Gypsy

Boolit Master
    Dunno if these gals qualify as "Grand Dames", but:

Howard Hughes wasn't totally crazy. Oh, wait, Ava tried to kill him. They musta been perfect for each other

http://www.bagpacker.info/wp-content...r-qqbg3a4l.jpg

Here's why the Postman Always Rings Twice: he's hoping Lana Turner will come to the door.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...rner_still.JPG

Marlene Dietrich:

http://www.thepinkladies.co.nz/wp-co...014/04/md4.jpg

I loved Marlene in "Witness for the Prosecution."
    She was also one of the very few USO celebs to visit the front in WWII. She sang to troops in a French barn as the nearby town took German artillery fire.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by seagiant View Post
    Hi,
    The funny thing to me is women who have that "something?" that can't really be named but does exist! To bad it can't be bottled! I guess MM was the best example in Hollywood being there were actually better looking women at the time and even better actresses but they never made a "Star" or turned men on like she did!
    I absolutely agree. i have had the privilege to be on a first name basis with three Miss states, [Montana, Utah and Hawaii] and have another friend whose beauty knocked them all over. The funny thing is she could have cared less.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Julie Newmar perhaps?

Rachel was always 1 of my favorites. " A girls done before she ever gets started if all she's got is looks and a body." I always thought that she was probably better in business than the screen. I always was a sucker for the raven/auburn haired beauties.

Barbra Stanwick wasn't a hag either. Jane Russell too.

Funny how the country girls have that undefined something that draws so many effortlessly and they don't see it and the city girls feel like they have to be bigger than life to be noticed.
    A Miss Ca taught me to milk goats on her families place near Ridgecrest Ca when I was maybe 6. Seems we've all seen stars at 1 time or another. I met Dale Evans once at the Museum out in Victorville also ,but again I was very young. I keep hoping that on 1 of my many trips to Carson City and Minden that I might make the acquaintance of Mary Ann , but I probably wouldn't recognize her anyway.

Oh well enough beauties at my finger tips to keep me from wish booking Hollywierd......
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast