Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading Everything
RepackboxLoad DataLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High end autos

Boolit Master

High end autos

My searching skills suck. I look but can never seem to find what I'm looking for.
    So, two things for discussion here;

What's the nicest, highest quality 9x19 handgun out there. Is there anything other than a 1911? I know Korth builds a ridiculously fine specimen.

Also, who would be the premier pistol smiths for auto loaders. Again, non-1911.
    Theres gotta be someone out there that can do with a S&W 659 or 5906 what Hamilton Bowen does with a Blackhawk.

Life would be much easier if me and the 1911 could get along but we can't.

Boolit Grand Master

Stock, Current production?

Sig. Look at the Mastershop series. They will not disappoint.

Boolit Master

What's the nicest, highest quality 9x19 handgun out there.
    The Sig 210 would be close to the top.http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProdu...er-target.aspx
    A steal at only $3998.!

Is that high enough??
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

S&W 952? If ya can find one!

Boolit Master

if i wanted a hi end 9mm, i'd have Ted Yost of heirloom precision build me a browning hi power.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty o View Post
    if i wanted a hi end 9mm, i'd have Ted Yost of heirloom precision build me a browning hi power.
    Just looked that up. HAVE MERCY!!!!!!
    I always forget about the HiPower too. I'm struck on the 39/59 series of S&W autos. I forget the HiPower was JMB's real brain child and one seriously fine pistol. Thanks.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paul s View Post
    S&W 952? If ya can find one!
    Yeah good luck finding one. I've fired one. The claim of "most accurate 9mm in the world" might not be far from the truth. They'll make some very tight clusters for sure.

Boolit Grand Master

What exactly are you looking for? Is it a pretty pistol? Or one that flat out performs? I'm partial to CZs. Their custom shop puts out some pistols that perform. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I'm one that likes the way they look. They have their CZechmate line which is meant for gun games.

Love Life
    Beretta 92 set to Sam's Custom Guns with a large check.

Boolit Master
    I had a 92F once. It was great but a bear to cast for. To cast for it, you had to approach it like a wildcat, not a 9x19. It was more of .359-9mm. LOL!

H&K P7 is the finest 9mm handgun I've ever owned. Extremely accurate and reliable, easy to shoot well, comfortable to shoot, and easy to carry. It's everything a concealment gun was ever meant to be.

Boolit Master
    I don't have any experience with them but I'd just throw out there the name Sphinx.

Boolit Master
    The Sig 210 was once considered the holy grail of high-end 9mm autos. I'd talk to someone like Wayne Novak about fancying up an S&W autoloader - he did some pioneering work in that arena many years ago.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Grand Master
    The SIG P-210-6 would get my vote for best 9mm currently commercially available.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

STI 2011's are stupid accurate, but plastic grip frame and high end don't usually occur in the same thought. SVI is even nicer and I believe a metal grip frame is an option. I'd have to vote the p210 or one of the new X5's even though I love my 2011.

Boolit Master
    CZ 75 Sport II, to bring something new into the ring.

Most accurate pistol I´ve ever shot.

If you really want a bullseye champion, take it with the SA-trigger.

Banned
    I vote for the SIG P210. I can say from personal experience that it is built like a Swiss watch that shoots.
    The slide rides inside the frame rails and the rails run the full length of the frame. Very tight tolerances, all steel and the fitting is perfect.
    The barrel locking to the slide is sort of a cross between a 1911 and a Browning Hi-Power. The hammer/sear/mainspring is located in a removable unit.
    It's single action only and has a European style heel magazine release. It is not built for games like IDPA but it is built very well.

It is probably one of the most accurate semi-auto's I've ever shot. Unfortunately, the P210 is NOT cheap.
    For slightly better "combat pistol" features and almost the same level of accuracy, the H&K P7M8 comes very close in my opinion. The P7M8 is a much more complex pistol but almost as accurate and very fast to get into action.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatume View Post
    H&K P7 is the finest 9mm handgun I've ever owned. Extremely accurate and reliable, easy to shoot well, comfortable to shoot, and easy to carry. It's everything a concealment gun was ever meant to be.
    I concur. A truly remarkable concealable combat pistol.

Boolit Buddy
    Another vote for a CZ75. Find a Shadow and worry about not being able to keep enough rounds loaded.

Boolit Grand Master

Bill Laughridge at Cylinder & Slide builds a really wonderful Browning HiPower.

Give him a call and just jaw about it a while.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast