Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionWideners
Load DataRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Repackbox

Thread: Lee Shavers 22 liners

Boolit Buddy

Lee Shavers 22 liners

Has anyone ever tried one of these liners in their big single shot rifles? It sounds like a neat idea, just wondering how well they work? Saw the add in the Buffalo Arms catalog, could be a neat idea to get two guns in one.

Thanks!

Boolit Master

I used one for a year in my Sharps for our long range .22 matches. After some modification to fit tight in the barrel it was tack accurate. When I was offered a really nice Stevens 414 the liner got sold here. It's just more convenient to have a dedicated single shot .22...

Boolit Buddy
    How did you make it fit tight? Is it a problem with all or? Thanks for the input!

Boolit Buddy
    I use one in my shilo sharps 45/110. It shoots great ,you tap it in and out with small hammer and a plastic punch that comes with it.

Boolit Buddy
    I think it sounds pretty good. Do you have a certain length you have to be at? Can it be cut and recrowned to a shorter length? I have a regular newer made Remington roller in 45/70 I think this would be nice to try in the summer months.

i too have toyed with the idea of getting a liner for my 45-70's or the 40-65. i see that the crosno is sold at Shiloh as well. i would assume that the liner for 45-70 would fit any 45-70 chamber. also that the 40-65 Winchester would fit any 40-65 Winchester chamber.

that liner you use in your Shiloh 45-110 ... is it just a 45-70 case or does it fit the entire length of the 110 chamber?