Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
WidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Repackbox Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PatMarlin delivery time

Banned

I apologize if I have offended anyone here.

I keep refining the process and improving. The old days of long waits are over.
    Last edited by PatMarlin; 10-24-2014 at 11:04 AM.

Boolit Master

Hey Pat:
    The .410 PB check maker you made for me a few weeks ago IS very nice. I DID get anxious waiting for
    it, but DID understand that you were plenty busy.
    Being in the fabrication trade all of my career, imbedded the fact in me that if someone or myself
    wants a product to be made for them, and wants said product to be acceptable, one needs to be
    patient. Your check make WAS worth the wait. I AM enjoying working with it.
    I don't know what all the fuss is about.
    Regards
    Jack

Boolit Master
    I ordered one not long ago and got it in a reasonable time considering what it takes to make. It was VERY well made. It worked VERY well. It was WELL worth the time and money.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.

My PB checkmaker works great and is worth any wait. 'Must be a lot of folks like em.... them babies sell like hotcakes whenever you see one on the S&S section.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Banned

THanks for the compliments guys...

Having a great day in the shop today, specially after crash-bang, deduct from my wallet day yesterday...

First of all Ive had the chance to use my new 30cal Checkmaker and am finally making some nice checks.Early problems were of the Pilot error variety. Using too thin aluminum makes nice little Coke bottle caps. LOL Thank you Pat for a nice little tool. Im as patient as any as to shipments I can wait for an order. What peaked my curiosity as to delivery, and hence an e-mail was when my check was deposited, funds transferred and twelve days later no shipment. Now this is the USA and Pat can run his business anyway he pleases, its not enough of a big deal to be upset about, just that we may be a little more conservative in Idaho as to creative finance than others might be. I know when I make a buy from Midway or other vendors funds are transferred upon shipment. Once again Im not bagging on Pat, I was self=employed all my working career and it is surely not the easy road. Anyway my complaints are only small points and would in no way keep me from doing business with Pat. Thanks again Pat for a nice little tool, Im wishing you success GP

I'm not taking any sides here, but I got to say I have been trying to start up a side business while working a full time job. The demands of my business have nearly gotten me divorced. I feel like I could work 16 hours a day, 7 days a week and still not get to do everything I want. Basically, the more you try to be a one man shop the harder it is to get all of it done in my opinion. But, if you're a one man shop you can really keep costs down. There are certainly trade offs. My hats off to anyone who has the guts to give it a try, and to stick it out.
    "...journalism may be the greatest plague we face today - as the world becomes more and more complicated and our minds are trained for more and more simplification"
    Nassim Taleb
    'Fooled by Randomness'

Moderator Emeritus

Pat, I'm a returning customer with three PB dies on order right now. But, if you haven't been to the range in 3 years, please feel free to take a couple of days go burn some powder before you ship my dies! I mean it, you don't want to get what they call "burnout". We need you, both as a forum member, and a provider of great dies. Tt.

PS - I left the Marines in 1971 and enrolled in a 4 year tool and die maker apprenticeship program. Graduated in '75 and have spent every day of my working life since then, "cuttin' iron". So I know a little about "burnout" and I can also appreciate good quality workmanship when I see it!
    "Treetop"
    Sgt. USMC
    1968-71

"Accuracy has a suppressive power all by itself."
    Lt. Gen. George Flynn, USMC

“The Second Amendment was not written to protect your right to shoot deer.
    It was written to protect your right to shoot tyrants…”
    Judge Andrew Napolitano

Banned

Thank you for your service Treetop. This is all I do.
    Last edited by PatMarlin; 10-24-2014 at 11:05 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Four-Sixty View Post
    I'm not taking any sides here, but I got to say I have been trying to start up a side business while working a full time job. The demands of my business have nearly gotten me divorced. I feel like I could work 16 hours a day, 7 days a week and still not get to do everything I want. Basically, the more you try to be a one man shop the harder it is to get all of it done in my opinion. But, if you're a one man shop you can really keep costs down. There are certainly trade offs. My hats off to anyone who has the guts to give it a try, and to stick it out.
    Hang in there and take time to keep mamma happy Four-Sixty. Your words ring true as my wife and I divorced 2 years ago after 20 years. My dedication and sacrifice to Patmarlins and my customers, and the stress to overcome all the hurdles to make it happen was the major cause.

Boolit Master

Pat, if I were a doctor, here is my prescription for you..get out that gorgeous Pedersoli double barrel shotgun and send some shot down range into a turkey target. If you don't have time to do it for you, do it for me. If you would like I can arrange pick up and I'll do it for you. Hang in there. Here is a little poem and bit of wisdom I heard from an old boss of mine regarding the responsibilities the boss has. You are the one facing the bull so don't let anyone else try to put any guilt on you.

Bullfight critics ranked in rows
    Crowd the enormous Plaza full
    But only one is there who knows
    And he's the man who fights the bull
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Banned

Lordy, I forgot all about her ...

Boolit Bub
    I have his gas check I order about years ago and still going strong. I made about 3000 GC in 30PB. I also have a video in here some where. I would like to know if you have a GC for 308 winchester. I have a RCBS mould and would like another GC maker but I not able to wait. If you have them already made I will buy one right this minute. They will not come off if done right

Boolit Master

I started out with 35 and 45 plain based love them! I ordered the 30 cal and the 22 cal standard shortly thereafter. The 30 was in production so I got that right away. The 22 was not in production so it took a while BUT I KNEW IT WOULD TAKE A WHILE. Yes it was a wait, very worth the wait. Each step of the way, Pat has kept me up to speed as well as sharing on other things of similar interest.

Pat's business, starting from a vision and progressing to a reality, is an inspirational story of American ingenuity and exceptionalism. Yes Mr. President, he did build that himself, and a great personal sacrifice. Not to mention having to teach himself how to write code, fix complicated machinery, start up a business, and negotiate the hurdles set forth by the governmental regs in kommiefornia.

I still owe Pat an in depth write up in his 22 CheckMaker complete with pictures of use and range results. Trouble is, I went back to work about the time the die came in and have been pulling 10 plus overtime shifts a month ever since. I'm still making time to load and shoot but dang, work gets in the way! I need to retire again!
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

Banned

I wondered where you snuck off to Frank.
    Last edited by PatMarlin; 10-24-2014 at 11:06 AM.

Banned

Just came in this morning...

"Tested your little bottle caps on lee .451 - 160grain PB using pepsi cans and what great accuracy! I mean wow! 100 rounds with no leading! Cant thank you enough. What a great invention. Can I put in a order for 45-70 PB? Again what a awesome product, Cant wait to try the .762PB!"

-Thanks for the compliments Adam...

That's how I like to start my day..!

PM sent

Boolit Master

Well time for me to chime in here I started with Pat a few years ago ordered a bunch a dies he wasn't even making then. Yes I said a few years ago, I think there is one or two I am still waiting for one I think is .257. Am I worried, maybe a little but when I sent my money to Pat I expected it to take some time and yes I have picked on Pat a few times for the long wait but it was my choice to pony up the funds so early. So if you don't like his time frame for delivering your gas checks go buy someone else's as I am sure theirs are much better, will be delivered in short order and you will only have failures when you screw up.

Pat I would really like the remaining gas check(s) but when you get the bugs worked out would be really nice. Keep on keeping on and for goodness sakes get out do something you like hunt, fish, read a book, go out to eat, go on a date if you even remember what they are. I have forgotten what dates are as I am trying real hard to get a ranch to go and kill myself working it on. If I get my ranch folks will have to find new ways to find me. I have told some they need gps to locate me on my ranch as I don't plan on hanging around the house much if the weather is good.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Banned

Mornin' Steward,

I hope to have these last calibers and loose ends tied up here soon. I don't forget an order.

THanks for hanging in there and having so much faith in me Steward, to pre order all those dies.

Pat ...

[/FONT]
    Last edited by PatMarlin; 10-24-2014 at 11:07 AM.

Boolit Master

Pat
    If I had thought you were not going to finish what you started I would never have pre-ordered so many gas check tools. I had lost track of just how long ago I ordered all those and yep I am still not excited about the time as you have had some real bumps in the road to deal with, remember the move, divorce, challenges of getting the machines to do what you thought you told it to do.

I find it really interesting that folks get upset when you take a month to get them their order. Wonder what they would do if they were waiting as long as me and I am still just waiting and know one day it will appear and then I can have all my gas check tools. Just shows how some of us still have faith and some others are in the instant gratification world.
    Like I said Pat do something you like once in a while I will not fault you for that I have waited this long what is a few more months. Yes I said months as I understand life goes on and we all like to take a break now and then. So why not Pat?
    Take care Pat and yes get that double out and do something fun with it.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast