Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersReloading Everything
RepackboxRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: PatMarlin delivery time

Banned

PatMarlin delivery time

Anybody know what the current time to deliver is for his gas check maker? I understand he is busy and a one man show. I have contacted him once to see whats up but have had not heard from him. When I bought his email said ten days possibly less. Its been about three weeks now. just really looking forward to getting it. Much like Christmas time.

Boolit Master

It took about 30 days to get my .410 PB check maker. I did get anxious. The tool was worth the wait.
    Jack

Had mine for a while so I don't remember exactly how long it took, but it was a little longer than what he said. But he will get it to you and you will be very happy with it. Like littlejack said, "The tool was worth the wait."

Banned
    maybe I'll just cancel the order and go through E-bay, apparently delivery times are faster

Boolit Master

My 410 PB check maker took 2-3 weeks iirc. I believe that there was a part or two that he had to finish. If you've waited 3 weeks you are probably closer to getting it now than a cancel and re-order through ebay.

Just had back and forth e-mail with Pat yesterday about my 7/15 order He was quick to reply and mailed that order was on its way It is somewhat like waiting on Christmas when your waiting for your new toy. LOL GP

Banned
    I just got the same email

Banned
    At least its in the mail now....
    Another two weeks before it shows up here.

Worst part is I am not known to be a patient man.

Come on now. Pat is a very nice fellow and does his best to make the absolute best product out there. There has to be a reason that his checks are showing up in the winner's circle so much lately. Mine was around 30 days best I could figure. I know one thing though, If he's answering emails on "Hey Pat, where's my order?" then he ain't in the shop making your check maker. Stick with a design that you can use the .014 aluminum he suggests to use. The material is easy to work. Your die will last longer, and it does get the job done. Smithy.
    Salvation is through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and in Him alone.

I got the ten day spiel as well but it turned into about 5 months with folks beating up on me because I was "impatient." The tool finally came but was so slow to use that I sold it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
    Come on now. Pat is a very nice fellow and does his best to make the absolute best product out there. There has to be a reason that his checks are showing up in the winner's circle so much lately. Mine was around 30 days best I could figure. I know one thing though, If he's answering emails on "Hey Pat, where's my order?" then he ain't in the shop making your check maker. Stick with a design that you can use the .014 aluminum he suggests to use. The material is easy to work. Your die will last longer, and it does get the job done. Smithy.
    first off, mine is in the mail and only a week late, not a big issue. Being a production engineer i run on nothing but timelines and that unfortunately carries through to my personal life. Having said that, any consumer should have the right, without hounding the manufacturer, to ask where their product is once the stated delivery date has come and gone. Its part of doing business.

Anyways, its in the mail, my anxiety is disappearing and am looking forward to using this highly lauded tool to expand my joy of reloading.

If its half as good as everyone says it is, im in for a treat

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
    Come on now. Pat is a very nice fellow and does his best to make the absolute best product out there. There has to be a reason that his checks are showing up in the winner's circle so much lately. Mine was around 30 days best I could figure. I know one thing though, If he's answering emails on "Hey Pat, where's my order?" then he ain't in the shop making your check maker.
    I take issue with this response. Nice or not, it's a business transaction. Someone accepted the money, Folks want what's been paid for. It's simple as that.
    If Pat Marlin was selling his products with a disclaimer on long wait times, then it's on the customer to be patient. That doesn't appear to be the case.
    Understand that I'm not bashing Pat or his products, but it does seem he's never mastered the delivery issues in all the years I've been associated with this forum.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Hey folks, before any others jump on the dogpile. I meant no disrespect to anyone regarding my post. Maybe I should have previewed the wording a little more? But truly I meant no harm or disrespect as I've said. I too know what an obnoxious wait is. I use to collect and play handmaid dulcimers of every description. Had over twenty at one time. The traditional lap instrument everyone is familiar with in different sizes: Normal, octave, baritone, even a bass model has been made not to mention anywhere from three to six strings and plucked or even bowed. One of the bowed dulcimers from one of the best known makers of same took over six months to create. Another order for just a standard tuned lap dulcimer seemed like it was taking forever. I was starting to seek to get my money back as he was not even answering my email's and phone calls. I was out for war I tell you; over six hundred bucks just laying in the guys bank account and nothing to show for it at all. When he finally got back to me (it had then been 12 months), he apologized profusely asking for forgiveness and my understanding.

Well, as it went: My builder had been diagnosed with brain cancer and was off and away to special clinics everywhere and a team of doctors put him through hell with radiation and chemo until the tumor got small enough to operate on it followed by, you guessed it, more chemo and radiation. I felt like I was less than a mm tall. I really done my name and family proud on that one. Jumping all over a guy that was only trying to do his work (yes he was actually sending orders out during this time), and had a condition that no one in the world would have traded him for. So I asked if he had even started it (I guess he thought I was still going to be mad) I told him that it wouldn't be a problem if he hadn't started. It took awhile, but I finally got out of him that he had not started it, only pulled some wood that would have been used on my instrument. I then told him to never-mind and that NO I was not cancelling my order. I asked what his thoughts were on building a double necked dulcimer that I had designed a bit and had some drawings and such if he was interested in looking at them.

I lost count but we must of had over 100 emails back and forth over the next 12 months. I had to send him another 650 bucks and we haggled back and forth on some features. Mine were mainly for ease of tuning and looks and his was mainly for longevity and play-ability, or its sound when finished. We then had a series of compromises and just about exactly 2 years after I had made my first order with him I got in the mail the most beautiful looking and sounding dulcimer I have ever had the privilege of seeing or playing. What could have been an unfortunate argument and fight, instead turned into a still active friendship with a man I have great respect for and suggest to anyone asking that he is the MAN and his instruments are the cream of the crop, because they are.

Some makers (no matter what is being made), take awhile to make. Some take some time to ship. Some book more business than they can keep up with. Some don't have a wife or Secretary to be the public speaker for the business. Especially with the dulcimers, but also in the gun accessories business operating procedures for different folk take different amounts of time. I bought an in stock (supposedly) item from a well known swaging equipment company only to find out that their normal time is three months and some items are more like ten months. I didn't know that going into it and found out later. Was I upset to the point of badmouthing the guy? NO. I know that certain things take up a person's time and you just never know why it's later than you thought it would be. It very well might be ahead of time and you're the lucky one?

I've learned to hope for the best, but understand I might get a bit worse than that. In that way I do not get upset nor do I have bad things to say about the enterprise if the product is good and worth the wait. I tell you I would have waited five years or more for that dulcimer I received. Sharps Rifles are still double digit. That's right ten years on some models. The reason is they don't want to hire up and buy machines and employees just to catch up with the orders and then fire them, thus the ten year wait, but folks are still lining up to place their orders. Off my soap box. Smithy.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    I ordered mine on 10/18/13 and it was shipped on 11/6/13. I had no problems with it.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Banned

Well OK- I don't know where to start with this, but I'll attempt to here.

First off, I don't sell on ebay.

Second- I NEVER guarantee to build and ship dies in 10 days. Please read my terms that I send with your order and that is posted below.

My goal is to ship dies within 10 days. That is my goal, but honestly it doesn't always work out that way.

Why? There are numerous reasons.

For one my products are in demand. As soon as I start to get ahead, more orders come in. I would like to see anyone in this industry try to even match my work load and work ethic. I know- most folks think all you do is buy a CNC machine, hit the green start button, and out pops a die.

Secondly, every single day in my shop for over 5 years I've had to stop and write code and edit CNC programs. If you care to look, I started with 30 caliber. Look at my list of calibers now- over 44 and I'm not done yet. I have over 700 CNC computer programs combined I've written for Checkmaker™ dies and my ROCKDock™.

Add to the pile machine repairs and maintenance, and all the other hurdles encounter when running a manufacturing business with a successful product, then look at all the time I put in daily to refine and perfect the process, the daily work load to get your order out as fast as possible, you will begin to realize what determination and sacrifice this requires to bring you a product that saves you money at an affordable price.

I have not been out to a range over 3 years now. I have not had my old fishing boat salmon fishing since I started Patmarlins in 2008.

So yes, it is disheartening when I hear people complain about waiting for their order. It puts a level of stress on a manufacturer that few people understand. If I didn't give a damn about my product quality, my business, and my customers It would not be a problem for me, but I do.

I ship a large amount of product weekly and delays happen. Life delays happen, but I am focused on my goals, and will be progressing to the next level of excellence. Returns have been pretty much non existent. I can count on my 2 hands the amount of returns I've had over the years, and it's the same old guys that make complaints here on this forum and on the net.

I value all of my customers who appreciate my work, and even when they can't afford dies and should be spending their hard earned money elsewhere, they still find a way to put hard earned dollars aside and (continue) to buy from me.

You have my devotion, and my thanks.

Pat...

I'm proceeding with a complete line of dies perfected and supported for all calibers, including PB versions. If there is a mold made, or a plain base mold made, there will be a set of Checkmaker™ dies for it.

Calibers Now in production-

22 cal, 22T cal (tall), 22PB cal, 22PB-AR cal (tall check breaking new ground, also great for the AR platform), 243 cal, 6mm cal, 7mm cal, 7mmPB cal, 270 cal, 270PB cal, 30 cal, 30PB cal, 303 British cal, 7.62x39 cal, 7.62x39PB cal, 338 cal, 8mm cal, 8mmPB cal, 32 cal, 32PB cal, 32-20PB Winchester (includes 32 S&W Long, 32 Colt New Police), 348 cal, 348PB cal, 35 cal (includes 9mm), 35PB cal (Plain Base, includes 9mm) 38-55PB Winchester Cal, 375 cal, 375PB cal, 10mm cal, 10mmPB cal, 40 cal, 40PB cal, 41 cal, 41PB cal, 416 Rifle cal, 44 cal, 44PB cal, 45 cal (fits both pistol and rifle), 9.3 cal, 45PBP Pistol cal, 45PBR Rifle cal, 45PB-AR cal (tall), 50 Cal Pistol (.501), 50 Cal Rifle (.512), 50PB Pistol, 50PB Rifle.

COMING SOON...
    -more calibers including:

25cal, 25PB cal, 6.5 cal, 6.5PB cal, 405 cal
    405PB cal ,480 cal ,480PB cal.

How things work at Patmarlins... also known as:

Terms and conditions

All orders ship pre paid first come first serve.

I prepay shipping to speed up orders. Your order is insured and ships USPS Priority Mail SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION, but If you get a notice and your order has not yet shown up as tracking in the system, I still have your order on the bench waiting for a part, and it will leave soon.

You can click the link from the post office notice, then click the "Get Email Updates" option and they will notify you when it's scanned and coming.

Orders are not insured without Signature Confirmation.

DON"T WORRY- All parcels shipped with a USPS signature confirmation (which is everyone) I will cover immediately even if they get lost in the mail, and send you out another replacement at no charge. All international orders need to use my insurance option to get covered if they get lost. I will not cover lost international orders without insurance. Your order is guaranteed to be spot on and work flawlessly. Period. Refunds are issued within 30 business days. If there is any problem with your order whatsoever PLEASE contact me right away, and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

I'm a one man CNC shop working daily to add new calibers, increase production and shorten wait times.

I run (4) CNC machines- (computer numerical control), and (3) industry standard manual machines 5-6 days a week. Rarely I can keep stock, but I'm working in that direction. Getting your order in insures your place inline.

I'm happy to answer all order related questions by email, but unfortunately don't have time for frequent production status requests or phone calls (would get nothing done). I aim to always ship orders within 10 business days and sooner- but delays can occur beyond my control. When most every shooting manufacturer with a product in demand is backordered months and months, I do very well for a one man shop.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Last edited by PatMarlin; 10-24-2014 at 11:03 AM.

Boolit Master
    THIS, is why I gave up being a machinist and will never go back.
    Even people who think they know what it takes to make things don't know and can't guess at what set backs will pop up. So his machine is cranking out parts as fast as he can set up and hit the little green button, then and insert breaks and before he catches it, it's messed up several things. Maybe a fixture broke, now he's down for a day just rebuilding the tooling it takes to make the parts. No so bad until half your day is wasted answering phone calls, emails and dealing with suppliers that are behind.....it goes on and on. Meanwhile no one cares, it's now, now now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanWinchester View Post
    THIS, is why I gave up being a machinist and will never go back.
    Even people who think they know what it takes to make things don't know and can't guess at what set backs will pop up. So his machine is cranking out parts as fast as he can set up and hit the little green button, then and insert breaks and before he catches it, it's messed up several things. Maybe a fixture broke, now he's down for a day just rebuilding the tooling it takes to make the parts. No so bad until half your day is wasted answering phone calls, emails and dealing with suppliers that are behind.....it goes on and on. Meanwhile no one cares, it's now, now now.
    Well....I work in environment where L.D.'s can run $100000.00 a week. I have seen men do the impossible after they have told me it can't be done. I have seen multi million dollar projects get stalled over a $300.00 dollar part. I have designed and built parts. I have run my own company which built ROV's ( www.leopardrov.com ). I don't think I know, I know.

I have also learned this.

If I know something will take two weeks I would rather tell the customer 3 weeks and ship a week early than tell the customer 2 weeks and ship a week late.

furthermore, I think a manufacturer would be unwise to only have one fixture, tool or bit, especially if they only produce one or two products.

Anyways.........

I was just asking, I apologies for being impatient.

Banned

Well for the record...

Not counting my American Made manual machines, I have (3) Hardinge Super Precision Tool Room CNC lathes. EACH is tooled up with fixtures and programs that can run every part of Checkmaker™ dies.

My tolerances are all checked to GO noGO gage pins. I have not found one CNC shop that will take on making my parts in mass quantities when they see my spec tolerances without wanting an astronomical price to do so.

I have (1) Cat 40 CNC production mill that I use exclusively for the ROCKDock™.
    Last edited by PatMarlin; 10-24-2014 at 11:03 AM.

furthermore, I think a manufacturer would be unwise to only have one fixture, tool or bit, especially if they only produce one or two products.
    Please read the post once again. Did you see the absolute glut of different calibers that Pat makes? And then think that he makes two different dies for each caliber: one for a plain based bullet and one for a reduced shank bullet. That is a horrendous amount of products requiring a lot more than as you say "one fixture, tool or bit". I'd say he has more than you could imagine.

Boolit Master

Pat, my checkmaker works fine.

Take time for a vacation. You deserve it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast