Inline FabricationReloading EverythingLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Load DataSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Repackbox Wideners

Thread: Annual Server Fund!

Boolit Grand Master

Annual Server Fund!

Seems to me like the donations to the Annual Server Fund is building, but seems like it is not as fast as it has been in past years. Lots of folks out of work, and---------money is tight for those us up paying taxes to support those who are living off our taxes. That said, I donate what I can afford to the VFW, VVA, American Legion, and this Fund. Consider all of these contributions to be patriotic, and in support of the 2nd amendment.
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

I agree with you. This site is the ONLY one (other than Bowers SubGun Board) that I frequent.
    Bowers Board is machine gun central. www.subguns.com
    Couple that with learning how to scrounge, smelt, alloy, cast size and lube and reload for the submachinegun calibers (380, 9mm and 45) it has allowed me to shoot more and shoot more cheaply.
    I DO blame this site for getting me hooked on Hensley & Gibbs moulds. TexasFlyBoy is to blame too. Thanks Tom......truly you opened my eyes to these works of the machinist's art called Hensley & Gibbs moulds.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Banned

Doesn't the $ that is donated all throughout the year go towards the server fund?

Boolit Grand Master

Ya'll met the goal too fast last year, didn't get to help out. Mailed mine off first thing this year.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I suspect Willie has been paying the outside techs a heap of money over the past few months, I hope he breaks even.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Buddy
    I will only have a quarter of what I had last year. Seems a young man needed some ammo I was going to auction this year of never opened boxes of 50 year old Winchester 220 grain Silvertip 30-40 Krag. Almost a whole case gone. Now I have to find some,and only give some cash. I had so much fun last year with the 50 cal black powder mold with handles. I went crazy for days tearing my whole house,and garage apart. I am looking at auctions to see if I can find any fun needs to help there too.
    Last edited by Cosmiceyes; 08-07-2014 at 07:03 PM. Reason: spelling
    Knowledge shall forever govern ignorance!

I see what I am hunting just coming off the "GRILL"!

It is not a measure of moral health to be well adjusted in a sick society!
    Jules

CEO/CFO GunLoads Gunload Master's Avatar
    I have more donations to get updated on the list too so we are more than what it shows. Yes the donations all go into a kiddy fund to pay for all the server expenses. This last year was particularly expensive because all the outside help I had to get to keep the site going, and the upgrades that took place too.
    http://GunLoads.com

Become a Supporting Member by joining TEAM BOOLITS!

Boolit Grand Master

When it comes to this forum, am reminded of what Ben Franklin said when every one of the original signers of the declaration of independence has signed: He said: "Gentlemen, we now must hang together, or we will surely hang separately".
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

Boolit Buddy
    Check is in the mail! 's
    Knowledge shall forever govern ignorance!

I see what I am hunting just coming off the "GRILL"!

It is not a measure of moral health to be well adjusted in a sick society!
    Jules

Boolit Grand Master

Shameless bump. This is the fund drive that keeps us in touch. Donations keep this site available to us. Not much time left to be a part of this drive. Let's close it out with a generous surge and get back to talking about boolits.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Going to the "Quick Links" tab, and then "See Donations", I see it hasn't been updated for a few days. Willie actually has a job he works at! What struck me, is most of the donations have been from members who say little on the forum, while those with a large amount of wind contribute little. Kind of seems backwards.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Banned

I do my contribution by a doing a sponsorship every year.

Boolit Buddy
    I have some things i have made, wooden Duck call stands, I would like to auction off on here to go to the fund, just don't know how to go about it. If those things are appropriate for this. I have some pics to. Let me know.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140810_115015540.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	113091From left to right, Red Cedar, Cherry, and Black Walnut.
    Last edited by gunshot98; 08-10-2014 at 12:56 PM.
    You know, there's an old saying, Miss Sally. There's no law west of the Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chism? James Pepper

Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there. John Simpson Chism

Banned

Gunshot, go down to the for sale section and put the stands in an auction there. Look at some of the other auctions that are listed there to see how to word it and how to get the $ to were it needs to go.

Boolit Buddy
    Ok i did it, now how do i let Willy know that i'm doing this and to notify me when he gets the payment?
    You know, there's an old saying, Miss Sally. There's no law west of the Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chism? James Pepper

Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there. John Simpson Chism

Boolit Mold
    Reupped 6 months early as a patron and sent another $10 because of folks like Brassmagnet and others that give unselfishly of their time.

Banned

Send him a PM with a link to the auction and that he is to send you a PM when he receives the funds from whomever wins the auction. Then you ship them out. Thats how I have done it.

How about a "Levin Surge?" Always seems to work for him. This was my first year on the board and since I've learned so much in a short time I gave what I could. Also buy from sponsors when I can to help in a round about way as well.

Thanks for everything this year Willy, not just the entertainment but the help with selling my Dillon set up. It sold quick thanks to the Cast Boolits forum! Idaho to Idaho a check is on the way GP