RepackboxTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load Data
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee Precision
Reloading Everything
Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142434445 LastLast

Thread: Loob grooves for sale

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WILCO View Post
    I just came to this thread for a cup of lube grooves.
    When you get a 'cup of loob grooves', do you have carry the cup upside down so the 'grooves' don't float out? Have you ever drank from that cup? What did it do to your....system?

A few posts back I told you all I stored my extra loob grooves in unopened Mt Dew cans. And I drank from that can by accident, which is difficult considering it is still unopened. For those that think loob grooves only lubricate boolets...YOU HAVE NO IDEA! Let me tell you that is a shock when that all works itself out. The cyclic rate on an MG42 has nothing on these things....

Boolit Master
    noob question ? do you have any undersize loob groves in stock as most of my cast boolits seem to be undersize and the lube grooves don't seem to hold the lube in them(falls off ). Also tried to send a pic of the problem, but it was upside down and the bullets fell off the puter screen and rolled under my reloading/casting bench, as there is no one nearly adventurous enough to dare stick their hand under this bench/refuge area I cant get get them back any help with this would be apprceated.

Figured I'd post here since it's a longshot anyway. A while back I was at a gun show and a dealer from Canadia sold me on some reversible loob grooves, you put them on a cast bullet and they loob the barrel instead of the bullet like most conventional. Loobing the entire barrel with each shot is more advantageous than loobing a comparatively small bullet with each shot. sadly, I only bought a thousand from him and now he doesn't make it stateside anymore. Does anyone know if Waksupi's loob grooves are reversible? If so please ad me to the group buy back order!

In all seriousness, this thread reminded me of when I was a painter and I was screwing with the new kid. He was using a hand masker with tape and masking paper and happened to run out 3 feet short of finishing masking some baseboard. I told him "let me show you a trick, see how the paper says '180yds' on it? And the tape says the same? They do that because these materials are often used together and they don't want anyone to waste materials. We can use this info though, if you start with a brand new roll of tape and a brand new roll of paper they should run out at the same time, right? And we know that there are 180yds of each so if you just count the paper as you go you will know for sure how much you have left and if you can finish out a particular run."

... I then went into the other room and watched him try to figure out how to count paper coming off of a roll.

Also reminds me of when my dad, who is a master locksmith, got an after hours call to help someone who had locked their keys in their car. It was a 1986 Ford Mercury. Beautiful car, I should have taken a picture of it because I haven't seen one since.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Metroxfi View Post
    Figured I'd post here since it's a longshot anyway. A while back I was at a gun show and a dealer from Canadia sold me on some reversible loob grooves, you put them on a cast bullet and they loob the barrel instead of the bullet like most conventional. Loobing the entire barrel with each shot is more advantageous than loobing a comparatively small bullet with each shot. sadly, I only bought a thousand from him and now he doesn't make it stateside anymore. Does anyone know if Waksupi's loob grooves are reversible? If so please ad me to the group buy back order!

In all seriousness, this thread reminded me of when I was a painter and I was screwing with the new kid. He was using a hand masker with tape and masking paper and happened to run out 3 feet short of finishing masking some baseboard. I told him "let me show you a trick, see how the paper says '180yds' on it? And the tape says the same? They do that because these materials are often used together and they don't want anyone to waste materials. We can use this info though, if you start with a brand new roll of tape and a brand new roll of paper they should run out at the same time, right? And we know that there are 180yds of each so if you just count the paper as you go you will know for sure how much you have left and if you can finish out a particular run."

... I then went into the other room and watched him try to figure out how to count paper coming off of a roll.

Also reminds me of when my dad, who is a master locksmith, got an after hours call to help someone who had locked their keys in their car. It was a 1986 Ford Mercury. Beautiful car, I should have taken a picture of it because I haven't seen one since.
    You need to discriminate as to north or south directional reversability for those loob grooves. Remember, north goes up and south goes down and you don't want to only lube 1/2 the barrel.

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Space for Witty Signature Line FOR RENT...........Cheap

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by R.Ph. 380 View Post
    You need to discriminate as to north or south directional reversability for those loob grooves. Remember, north goes up and south goes down and you don't want to only lube 1/2 the barrel.

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk
    That, of course will also depend on whether you are in the Northern hemisphere or the Southern hemisphere. It really can make a difference. It could just be the top half of the barrel instead of the bottom half, depending on which end of the barrel you start with using the lube grooves... Ya really need to read the destructions to get it right...
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    I got a couple cans of generator flux, and a roll of flight line, if you want to trade .

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by castalott View Post
    When you get a 'cup of loob grooves', do you have carry the cup upside down so the 'grooves' don't float out? Have you ever drank from that cup? What did it do to your....system? ...
    I think you are confusing loob grooves with Post Holes! I still have a veeery small supply of loob grooves that I need to load the Asperly Aimless. They are very hard to store, harder to move around and almost impossible to load with. The Moebius curvature of the frenackler twist affects the reflectivity of the Mu Mesons half life. Compounded with the pixelated particles of Cabela cornholes reversion you can readily see why!
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Master
    you probably didn't notice but I'll ask any ways, those Canadian loob grooves, did you ck to see if they were metric or imperial sized because theres a difference and if they don't fit you could be inviting a gremlin to the range. Rumor has it that two guys were shooting the wrong loob groove size and the results were just short of unbelievable they were taken away to someplace in Nevada and haven't returned. Something about altering gravitation\quantom physics with unapproved asperly aimless modifications from unregistered firearm.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    That, of course will also depend on whether you are in the Northern hemisphere or the Southern hemisphere. It really can make a difference. It could just be the top half of the barrel instead of the bottom half, depending on which end of the barrel you start with using the lube grooves... Ya really need to read the destructions to get it right...
    If you were standing on the equator, would it just lube 1/2 of the breech end or 1/2 of the muzzle end? Maybe it would lube the inside of the telescopic sight, if it had one? dang, this science stuff is hard!

Boolit Master
    Mind your mold while you're at it. I had one with a cavity slightly off-axis and I sent the grooves back, assuming they were non-concentric. My bad.
    Waksupi advised me to just load the boolits a little crooked to compensate and all was well.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post

Oh come on man, I need this info. I have reversible loob grooves but I don't know how to tell if I'm only lubing half the barrel or not or which half, or how to get it to lube the whole barrel now. How am I 'sposed to figure this out on my own? I don't know the formula but I can't just lube half the barrel! Think of all my increased time and cost to clean out leaded up barrels everywhere? It'll take hours...days!!

Help a brother out man. I'm new at this. What's the way to figure this? Is there an equation or something. If I can plug this into my calculator, then I can my plot my cleaning sessions on a chart or even reduce the amount of cleaning that would ever be needed on my guns! Think of that!

Boolit Master
    Maybe... just maybe we could shoot every other shot upside down? Would the entire barrel be lubed every 2 shots? That's logic....

But logic will also tell you that if you can run 20 mph on 2 legs, you can run 10 mph on 1 leg....

Where is Spock when you need him?

Boolit Master
    I can't answer the questions... Love to help though. It just too many, too fast... Right side down, backwards up... It is just too much for me...

Besides... I lost all of my lube grooves in a fire & things haven't been the same since.

If I did remember anything about them & told everyone what I know, then there would be a shortage of them. Everybody would be buying them up!!

Some things ya just have to keep on top of your hat.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    As a side note, loob grooves were found by the department of Defense to be indestructible. When measuring the size of a loob groove before and after a nuclear test, no difference could be found. It measured zero before the test and zero afterwards. It actually measured absolute zero on one of the chillier evenings here in Illinois.

In an effort to make sure loob grooves cannot be changed or modified, samples are going to be sent to the Office of the Budget. Those guys can twist, shape, or stretch anything.

One other thought is to send samples to the particle accelerator at Cern. Since loob grooves have no mass, they theoretically can fly at the speed of light. These loads are at the upper end of the Lyman book and should be approached with caution.

I personally think that loob grooves should be collided with another particle at cern. If a loob groove could be collided with a particle of honesty from a politician, several things should be produced.

First, a lot of energy would appear out of nowhere. This would be the 2nd big bang and we all should be wearing our muffs when this happens.

Second, because particles of honesty from politicians are very small ( they have only been theorized and have never been observed ) , the resulting combinations would be lop sided. I must admit I am having trouble imaging lop sided loob grooves but the data is there.

The last thing to be produced is Nirvana. No,not the music group. I mean universal peace and happiness. It is kinda like shooting a 10 shot .25 MOA group with cast boolits at 1000 yards but better. Just imagine getting along perfectly with every woman in your life AND the government too!

But I am afraid it will take years and years searching just to find one particle of honesty from our politicians. And then transporting it to Cern... Those particles decay before they are created and this causes problems ...

Feel free to add your thoughts ....

Boolit Master
    And just for you doubters... here is a picture of my supply of .14 caliber loob grooves....

see??? Told ya...

Boolit Master
    As a side note to a side note.... what if we collided 2 particles of honesty from politicians together?

The first theory is that it would produce an honest thought in one of the politicians involved. Now I know you think this is whimsical. Yes, on the face of it it is impossible. But suppose it were true? A lot of things we know to be impossible are true... No one can measure revenge or carry it around in a bucket... or tell what color it is...but I assure you it exists.. it is true...

Now not even I think that every politician has had or can have an honest thought... I mean there are limits to everything.... Only so many Angels can dance on the head of a pin, so to speak...

Another thought is that these 2 particles will annihilate each other. This is the more likely outcome. Instead of giving off vast amounts of energy, this union will absorb even vaster amounts of energy. it would be kind of like a huge Hoover vacuum...drifting thru the universes (plural) gobbling up everything. Just like they do here on Earth...

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    I have to admit to being pretty dubious here - It'll never happen - I think amongst ALL the politicians on the planet, if they tried hard (And that's not too likely!) - They have maybe 1/8 of a particle of honesty they can gather up, at most; Where is that 2nd particle going to come from? Mars?

Boolit Master
    hmmm... a good point... maybe we could collide a particle of honesty with one of true love... They are both from the same side of the tracks, so to speak. I know politicians have true love...we read about it all the time in the news.

But are honesty and true love the same as matter and anti matter? When they meet do they annihilate each other? My experience suggests this is true.

But there would have to be something left...Probably a quirk ( this is the leftover remains of this union.. kinda like the dirty dishes after split up.)
    of some sort.

I don't know what the particle would be like but can describe the immediate surroundings:

You would have a decidedly bad taste in your mouth...

As Ambrose Bierce said in his book "The Devil's dictionary"
    “Cynic, n. A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are not as they ought to be.” ― Ambrose Bierce

That is to say we no longer see things which are not there...

We go thru life , shall we say, more sober, thoughtful , and introspective

Particles of joy, no matter how far away from this reaction, are destroyed also. This by an unknown process and needs more analysis.

Well...I have 'shot my bolt' as the English say... I don't know what else to say.....

“We’re all just walking each other home.”
    ― Ram Dass

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”
    ― Dr. Seuss

“There are three things we cry for in life: things that are lost, things that are found, and things that are magnificent.”
    ― Douglas Coupland

“The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom.”
    ― Isaac Asimov
    Last edited by castalott; 12-09-2017 at 09:26 PM. Reason: I'm goofy... can't proofread the first time

Boolit Grand Master

Loob grooves are real tasty when fried in lard too!
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Master
    Is it the lard or the 'grooves that taste good?

Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142434445 LastLast