Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad DataInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Wideners Repackbox
Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Loob grooves for sale

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Well you got my heart racing for a moment. Then I checked my stash and all I have is a light land engraver for a 17 furball left twist and a very DEEP land engraver for a 20 vomiter.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by stubshaft View Post
    I have some secants that I'll trade you for some meplats.
    Had a request here for one of those left handed meplats to go on a wall hanger that was canted to the left. Would that hold up under light to medium use?

Bill
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Space for Witty Signature Line FOR RENT...........Cheap

I challenge your middle of nowhere, and raise you 5.
    I was just out in the yard harvesting post holes when I happened to unearth about 15 lbs of leaverite.
    Is this a worthy item to trade for lube grooves? If not I'm willing to throw in a squeege sharpener.
    I also have 1 full can of sieve stop leak I'd trade for some high pressure signs.

Thank you,

Joe
    Guns should only be allowed in places where people don't want to be shot.

Boolit Master

Do you have the extra large ones for use with black powder????
    JMHO-YMMV
    dd884
    gary@2texastrucks.com
    Gary D. Peek

Boolit Master

I am amazed at the cornucopia of do-dads, brick-a-brack, and other cool stuff you all have. I have just taken on a green hue of envy that I could trade if anyone is interested. Will trade for any of the above cool stuff, the meplats and loop grooves are of particular interest. Just remembered....being a now retired contractor I also have the following stretchers I no longer need: tile, shingle, sheetrock and concrete stretchers. These are fairly large so shipping is not included in the deal.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

I challenge your middle of nowhere, and raise you 5.
    I just came across a big box of good intentions. They look like they would still be good for paving if anyone is interested.
    Guns should only be allowed in places where people don't want to be shot.

Boolit Master

I bought a box of loob grooves and they got lost in the mail. Box was torn and they fell out I guess.

Boolit Master

I was looking on eBay and saw a gineau pig suit of chain mail and I wondered if it would be possible to weave a coat of lube groove mail. The idea is that the lube in the grooves causes maces, tasers and even boolits to slide off me, rather than impact head on. This might be annoying to anyone taking cover behind or next to me, but I plan to shove my 4 yo son into my back pocket inside the lube groove mail if I sense danger.
    As to prototyping, I have a few lube grooves at home left over from my last reloading experiment (yes, the barrel leaded, I should have used all the grooves). I can use those to test proof of concept, before buying a gajillion from Waksupi, but I wonder if anyone knows what substance would stitch them together best, or could I nip the grooves and loop them together ala metal loop chain mail. (Oh, I also need a volunteer to wear the prototype while I wail on him/her - I'm a EEOE - with a tire iron.)

Maybe I could use pieces of this thread, it sure is long and it won't give up...

Bulldogger

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogger View Post
    I was looking on eBay and saw a gineau pig suit of chain mail and I wondered if it would be possible to weave a coat of lube groove mail. The idea is that the lube in the grooves causes maces, tasers and even boolits to slide off me, rather than impact head on. This might be annoying to anyone taking cover behind or next to me, but I plan to shove my 4 yo son into my back pocket inside the lube groove mail if I sense danger.
    As to prototyping, I have a few lube grooves at home left over from my last reloading experiment (yes, the barrel leaded, I should have used all the grooves). I can use those to test proof of concept, before buying a gajillion from Waksupi, but I wonder if anyone knows what substance would stitch them together best, or could I nip the grooves and loop them together ala metal loop chain mail. (Oh, I also need a volunteer to wear the prototype while I wail on him/her - I'm a EEOE - with a tire iron.)

Maybe I could use pieces of this thread, it sure is long and it won't give up...

Bulldogger
    Though this thread is long and stable, it is not strong enough the use with your loob groove chain mail. I can't vouch for this cause I never tried it myself but once heard the hair of a mermaid is the strongest substance know in the universe. And a mermaid would be happy to give you enough for your project, iffn she finds you attractive enough to want to kiss you. Do some research though to see what a mermaid thinks is attractive first. Once accomplished please take pics for us!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Grand Master
    Wait a secant. Don't go off on tangents. The only exercise I get is jumping to conclusions.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Grand Master
    I may need to replace some loob grooves, mine corroded....

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by btroj View Post
    I may need to replace some loob grooves, mine corroded....
    Obviously, those must have been purchased from a disreputable supplier. Are you sure they aren't just cheap copies?

Boolit Grand Master

BUT ----BUT ---- BUT they said MADE IN CHINA.

You know you have the best. Not just some rip off made by someone living in etc.

Boolit Buddy
    You knew it would come to this. (trying to attach pic)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lubegrooves.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	104.0 KB 
ID:	100206
    Hunt hard, shoot straight, kill clean, apologize to no one!
    -Ralph M. Lermayer-
    Editor of Predator Xtream

Boolit Master
    I much prefer the yellow cheddar loob grooves, especially the extra sharp style.

I suppose it comes down to personal choice, but also if you can fine the extra crispy version, it adds an extra snap.

The Sharp White cheddar just seems so pale in comparison.

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

Banned
    NJ (but usually somewhere east of the east coast)
    2 full bottles of turn signal fluid, my collection of colorfull dryer lint, and full use of my invisible friend Bob for up to one year
    Here is a picture of Bob:

The picture is a few years old, so he may look a bit different now.

Boolit Master

Just wonder if the guys who manufacture lube grooves and crimp grooves can make me some holes? Need some .375 inch holes and some .50 inch holes, about 12 of each, and would like to have them about 1/2 inch deep, but 3/4 inch deep would work.

I have a piece of metal that I don't want to drill because it is pretty hard, and if I can buy the holes it would be alot easier. Don't really care about the color, black holes would be alright.....just saying.....and stuff.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Grand Master

How many "hollow point holes for a LFRBox of loob gruves?

I'll take 1000 in 30 cal also. I'll be back for more if the quality stacks up.

Boolit Bub
    I know somewhere there has to be a supply of uptooits. next to the roundtooits, or striaghttooits. some times I need an extra one, because I don't feel up too it.

Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast