Load DataReloading EverythingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWidenersSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication
Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast

Thread: Loob grooves for sale

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Water Bill View Post
    Since reading Girty Recluses new book "False Gods" as a bed time story she said she has now accumulated an EXTRA prop wash bucket full of "SWEET DREAMS" she will gladly share with you.
    MMMM... SWEET DREAMS!

an excellent dessert after a big meal of Chicken Toes.

some folks call 'em Chicken Fingers, But I correct them and tel them Chickens don't have fingers... M R Toes!
    I am ONLY responsible for what I Say!
    I am NOT responsible for what You THINK I Said!
    ====
    If numbers killed I'd hunt with a Calculator!

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    As Friendly (the local corn man) said "smell it first and you will never drink it,drink it before smelling and you will never look back" and he was right.

Unfortunately the last brewer I knew of was located right next to a Chiraq Police Station for MANY years.

Then they closed down the stock yards that were just across the street.

As the air started to clear after 100 years of stock yards an OLD WV cop smiled and we lost the only source within many many miles.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Buddy

Nanuk I don't know for sure but I went to a Cheeecken Booofett last summer and they had cheeecken fingers, cheeecken toes, cheeecken lips and cheeecken rings with a hole in the center of them - all deep fried. The cheeecken fingers, cheeecken toes and the cheeecken lips were all preeetty goood. The cheeecken rings with a hole in the center em tasted like ***t . Then I got to thinkin thers only one part of a cheeecken that them rings with a hole in em could have come from, no wonder they taste like ***t. jroc
    My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

spstocksandgrips.com

Texan Loadmaster Model T, Lyman All American Turret, Forster Co-Ax,

Boolit Master
    I can just see it now....a gathering of cast boolit people and at the bake out...."Which part of the chicken did you get?" veggies are looking better all the time...

Boolit Buddy

Veggies would be my pick.
    My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

spstocksandgrips.com

Texan Loadmaster Model T, Lyman All American Turret, Forster Co-Ax,

Boolit Master
    Have we progressed to where loob grooves are no longer necessary? With powder coating and Ben's new floor wax boolit lube we don't need loobie groovies anymore? Say it ain't so, Joe! This still has my vote for the funnest thread on boolits......

Boolit Master

Do you accept Paypal?
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Master

I got all excited over a new boolit mold design, and ordered it without reading the entire string of posts leading up to it's design. Once it came in the mail, I now see something is missing. Loob-grooves. It is one of those new-fangled designs for PC, whatever that is. Anyway, what I need is your expert opinion on the loob-groove design, including how many, how deep, how wide, etc., to make my new mold more useable. Oh, BTW, the mold is for the .379 Super Fast and Most Accurate Boolit in the World.

I anxiously await your response.

Moderator Emeritus

The .379 SFMAB uses a left hand groove. Ric can probably special order those for you but I think there is Scotch involved.
    grit yer teeth an pull the trigger

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by castalott View Post
    Have we progressed to where loob grooves are no longer necessary? With powder coating and Ben's new floor wax boolit lube we don't need loobie groovies anymore? Say it ain't so, Joe!
    The efficacy and necessity of loob grooves is understood only by the people who use them. The Chinese have been working on a spray-on version to compete with the powder coat industry but so far they can't get the grooves to stick to the boolits.
    Last edited by JSnover; 07-18-2015 at 11:48 AM.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Quote Originally Posted by gon2shoot View Post
    The .379 SFMAB uses a left hand groove. Ric can probably special order those for you but I think there is Scotch involved.
    But only if it is single malt.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Master
    I think there is Scotch involved.[/QUOTE]

Scotch girls are some of the prettiest around... They are just as good as the Irish, French , and German girls.....

back on topic...what was the topic again?

Boolit Master
    Hey...think about "Accessory loob grooves" An accessory is not really needed but enhances the total outcome. Makes your outfit complete, so to say. So I propose a loob groove named " Cape Buffalo Loob grooves" for the real man who hunts Cape Buffalos. Wapsupi should mail these out in a 3 foot by 3 foot box wrapped in orange "danger!" tape. It should also say, "For Real Men Only!" .

I would buy a couple just to prove to my neighbors that I am a real man. Of course you will have to schedule delivery on a sunny day as I don't get out in the rain....

Dale

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JSnover View Post
    The efficacy and necessity of loob grooves is understood only by the people who use them. The Chinese have been working on a spray-on version to compete with the powder coat industry but so far they can't get the grooves to stick to the boolits.
    As usual they are doing it backwards. Hover the loob groove in space and spray the boolit on it...

Boolit Master
    Years ago I thought I'd be slick and recycle loob grooves from the berm at my range. But my temperature must have been too high. By the time the recovered boolits were melted the grooves had all evaporated.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Master

Chinese Spray on Loob Grooooooves

You are right that they it does not stick on the boolits very good. However, I did re-tread my self-propelled lawnmower wheels with the schtuff. Not all was lost. Note: Be careful with the overspray. The cat is still trying to lick some off. It might have worked on the bottom of his feet, but as for on the end of his tail, ... well, it sure ain't the "cat's meow" for that location.

Got any photos ? I might need more loob grooves .

Boolit Master
    As usual they are doing it backwards. Hover the loob groove in space and spray the boolit on it...
    I've been thinking about this. loob grooves are nothing...right? Now I'm sure we have the technology to hover something in space but nothing? It would take all the computing power on the planet just to describe hovering nothing in space. And then attaching something to nothing! I'm not sure we as a physical being can even do this!
    All of a sudden this lowly cast boolits site has expanded thought in all fields- physics, chemistry, Religion ( I'm thinking only God can do this) and ,of course, boolit casting. We are on the leading edge at a momentous time.....

Please respond accordingly....

Dale

Boolit Master
    Hey...think about "Accessory loob grooves" An accessory is not really needed but enhances the total outcome. Makes your outfit complete, so to say. So I propose a loob groove named " Cape Buffalo Loob grooves" for the real man who hunts Cape Buffalos. Wapsupi should mail these out in a 3 foot by 3 foot box wrapped in orange "danger!" tape. It should also say, "For Real Men Only

I would buy a couple just to prove to my neighbors that I am a real man. Of course you will have to schedule delivery on a sunny day as I don't get out i the rain....

Dale
    I once tried some of those loob grooves marked for real men only. Just like a similarly marked latex product, they didn't fit. For some reason I keep getting a message when I try to post that my message is too short... some kind of personal thing, I guess.
    When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
    And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Have we progressed to where loob grooves are no longer necessary? With powder coating and Ben's new floor wax boolit lube we don't need loobie groovies anymore? Say it ain't so, Joe! This still has my vote for the funnest thread on boolits......
    Heretic!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast