MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxRotoMetals2Wideners
Lee PrecisionLoad DataSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication
Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445 LastLast

Thread: Loob grooves for sale

Boolit Master
    They're sort of like grits. You can fix them a lot of different ways.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Master

Omg. Almost pee'ed again, you guys are to much.
    Any who. The reverse lube grooves are much better on left handed guns. I have some red port running light grease for free, good base for any boolit lube. If I am not home its by the bucket of rooster teeth under the sky hook.
    Be well
    When you read the fine print you get an education
    when you ignore the fine print you get experience

Boolit Master
    hmmm... WOW!!! Gritty loob grooves.... Do you know what grit? Could we use loob grooves to hone a barrel? Another leap forward by the Tech Staff at Cast Boolits....

Leaping Lizards!

Now if we can get our trusted loob groove dealer to make gritty loob grooves for polishing AND finally deliver some ...we would be all set....

But I suppose these will be triple back ordered.... Delivery will be on the 5th of never again...

Boolit Master

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by stubshaft View Post
    I think you are confusing loob grooves with Post Holes!
    You got me to thinkin'. It should be quite possible to roll size post holes to the desired loob groove diameter and using a hickey bend them the size you want.

I know Ric would probably not be too happy about this as it would cut into his exclusive monopoloy

How some ever..., if said post holes were 'used' some kind of cleaning would be required first. Vibratory or steel pin wash? I'm sure a simple wash down with a garden hose would not be at all acceptable.

Just thinking - has anyone ever salvaged used post holes?
    It ain't rocket science, it's boolit science.

Boolit Master
    I have been savaged a number of times in my short life but never by a post hole. Post holes are normally the strong, silent type who wouldn't hurt a fly.

Boolit Master

I have a large flat rate box of unobtanium which I will trade if you will pay the postage.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    You could try prop wash to clean up post holes. Should do.

I wonder if flight line could be used with loob groves for some good purpose?

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sheesh View Post
    You could try prop wash to clean up post holes. Should do.

I wonder if flight line could be used with loob groves for some good purpose?
    No, the flight line is used to attach the sky hooks to the nose attitude to raise the aimless poi.

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Space for Witty Signature Line FOR RENT...........Cheap

Boolit Master
    It has been suggested to me ( No..the voices aren't real BUT they do have some good ideas!) that loob grooves should be collided with particles of "Good Luck" at Cern. Now bad luck particles are everywhere. And some of the 'good luck' particles are modified. For example when someone ends a sentence with "well, good luck with 'that'". No, we want pure good luck. You know, the good luck that your ground won't produce oil because there is too much gold in it. That kind of luck.

So we combine these two to produce 'lucky loob grooves' . Now who in their right mind wouldn't want a lucky loob groove on their bullet? ( I know I am in dangerous territory talking about 'right minds' in this thread but bear with me.)

You are out hunting and all you can see is antlers protruding above the boulder at 600 yards. But not to worry! You have a lucky loob groove on your 25/20! Point your gun up at about a 40 degree angle and let 'er fly! The result is one DRT trophy!

So you can see the interest in this lucky loob groove thing....

The downside is finding particles of good luck to use in this... Those particles are rare as hen's teeth...

And there seems to be an unwritten law that for every good luck particle you touch, 86.5 million bad luck particles seek you out...

Boolit Grand Master

You would need a gallon of Bose-Einstein Condensate to extract those lucky loob grooves from their matrix. The total area that the bad luck particles could inhabit would be less than .000000001mm or roughly the bore size of the Asperly Aimless Mk6. As you can see the intrinsic value of a lucky loob groove should not be squandered on a 25/20. I would not use it on anything more powerful than a .41 rimfire. to do so would be overkill at any range less than a mile!
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Master
    I don't know about a gallon of Bose but I do have a pair of them and like them ok.....

Boolit Master
    I have been in contact with Cern and they thought this idea was good but they want to modify it. They want to mix good luck with a dozen red roses... The project is called the 'Good Luck Valentine Bouquet ' ... I warned them that they were hunting dangerous game but that fell on deaf ears.

They couldn't or wouldn't clearly state what they intended to accomplish.. only that over 1/2 of the PHDs on the planet were working on this as we speak....

I think they want to "get lucky" is all!

Boolit Grand Master

I am amazed that no one thought to ask how many loob grooves does Santa's sleigh use on the runners?

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

This thread needs published in the Reader's Digest Compendium!

...walks off to go change his blinker fluid, out in the garage.
    A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise.

Boolit Master
    Since this is the Xmas Season, The voices suggest that loob grooves should be colorized...just like the old movies. Because loob grooves have no color ( they don't even have mass, energy, or time) , it is difficult to see them. One of the voices ( I believe it was Henry Ford... or was it Harrison Ford- I get those guys mixed up) said we could have any color we wanted so long as it was black.

I must admit black loob grooves would be beautiful but what about all those that hunt at night? It would just make your boolit that much harder to see in flight. Several people on this forum have the ability to see boolits in flight. They have acute eyesight ( I suppose they have acute 'earing to go with it. ) (OMG..such an old Monty Python joke...the cobwebs cover the keyboard)

The Helen Keller voice said any color would be fine with her. I would vote to give her the most beautiful of the grooves...and acute 'earing to go with it... But I have never known of her to be interested in jewelry...

After 2 bad jokes in succession, time to return to bed.

Maybe add UV fluorescent dyes to the PC for the loob grooves, then you can light it up with a black light and see them in flight even at night. The danger would be that - since they are massless - You'd tend to accelerate them in flight; Not sure how that'd end up...

Boolit Master
    Wow! A new excuse.... my shot was blown off course by the light...

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by castalott View Post
    Wow! A new excuse.... my shot was blown off course by the light...
    Loob grooves can be deflected with a THOUGHT!

If so then try using thoughts to gather them?

Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445 LastLast