Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyRepackbox
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Wideners

Thread: Home Built Shot Maker, Show us your stuff.

Home Built Shot Maker, Show us your stuff.

I am POed at the price one has to shell out for 25#of shot. And if you need to order it, the frieght on it is nuts-o. Got to make a shot maker if scattergunning is going to stay alive. I researched past Posts and see lots of information has been shared in the past. The basic design of a shot maker really isn't to far from reach for us casters. I would like to get a new post here going to share designs and ideas with one another. That's how we stay alive in this crazy world we have around us.
    Now I got to thinking of what can be easily used to make the trough which the drippers fasten to and the molten lead feeds into. I think I saw in a vidio on YT of a fella from over seas posted in which his trough was part of an electric aluminum frying pan. Tipped on edge to form the trough. His drippers were mounted in the lower side and he had a flatpurtruding below for the drops to roll off. Anyone using something like this in their design. I think more casters are going to be looking at something to make shot and maybe already are and I'm to slow on the draw.

Boolit Buddy
    Sir
    what are you going to use for the dripper material ? How much shot do you want to make per hour- day? What will your heat source be? Will you be able to regulate the heat or run it wide open all the time? There are machines out there that already make shot - you don't have to start from scratch with a totally new design .Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20 hole pan 1.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	112689Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20 hole pan 2.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	112690Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2827.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	112691
    Last edited by Littleton Shot Maker; 08-05-2014 at 05:51 AM. Reason: spelling

Somewhere I have photos of a homemade one, the fellow used MIG welder tips for the drippers.

They come in different diameters.
    http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...ment-guns-tips

Boolit Buddy
    I tried .023" tips but the shot was too large for trap, closer to #6 shot. ended up purchasing commercially made drippers, for #8 shot, from Littleton.
    BOB
    22LR, 9MM, 45 ACP, 45 LC, 45-70, 6MM BR, 30BR, 222, 204, 22-250, 7-30 WATERS, 12GA, 36 & 44 BP