RepackboxLoad DataWidenersLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10mm boolit for the Glock 20

Boolit Buddy

10mm boolit for the Glock 20

Anyone with experience with cast boolits in Glock 20? I’ve recently purchased one and my intention is using it in competitive shooting with a power factor around 200. A heavy boolit is a good thing because it reaches the PF fast with less muzzle blast and less snappy recoil. Since I cast I’m of course looking for a god boolit for this use. Does anyone know if the G20 can take a heavier than 200 gr boolit? For my use I don’t need the extreme speeds. With a boolit around 180-200 grs or heavier I’m thinking about 1100-1200 fps. Any thoughts about this one http://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet_...=40-200R-D.png ? For my application, would you use a gas check for the 10mm boolit?

Shared experience would be greatly treasured! Thanks!

Boolit Grand Master

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...locks-and-Cast

Lots of good info here.

There are several good boolits for the 10mm. Yes, even in the Glock. Look under the GB section.

Boolit Master

I shoot this mold out of all our 40 cal Glocks, powder coat or tumble lube both work great.
    Gas check, my molds do not have them so I do not have the answer.
    I will tell ya we hit steel at 50 yrds with ours.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...4-cavity-Brass
    Accurate makes good molds, you cant go wrong.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Boolit Master

I have considered using 41 mag molds. I thought you could do a sizing on the lubrisizer to maybe 408. This would fill the lube grooves. Then use a Lee push through to get to maybe 401. It is two steps of resizing, but I don't know why it wouldnt work. The lube in the grooves should keep them from collapsing when going through the push through sizer, in theory.

Banned

ballistic cast makes a 220 grain turnacute nosed mold that works good in mine. I dont know the number as it is my buddys mold.

Boolit Master
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...4-cavity-Brass

This one has established a very good reputation. You could try sending a PM to MiHec asking if there are any left. I haven't heard of anyone being turned away yet.

+1 for the Oreo designed mihec 200gr

Boolit Master
    I am working on a 220gr version but the way these group buys go, that one is still at least a year out.

Boolit Master
    I have the 170 Gr. version of the Oreo/ Mihec.
    It is one of the nicest moulds I have ever seen or used and so far is also the most accurate I have shot in .40
    If you can find the 190 Gr version I would buy it in a heartbeat.
    Do, or do not.
    There is no try.
    Yoda

Boolit Buddy
    Is it brass or alu this Oreo/Mihec? I've never used brass and are afraid of varpage

Boolit Master
    Mine is brass
    I see no issue with warpage the mould is heavy and very stable.
    Mine actually likes to run a bit on the hot side to make nice Penta Points.
    HP moulds are one of the best I have ever used.
    Last edited by Blanco; 08-02-2014 at 08:54 AM.
    Do, or do not.
    There is no try.
    Yoda

Banned

you have more of a chance of warping an aluminum mold then a brass one. I warped a few lees. Never warped a brass mold. Id have to say that some of my best casting molds are my brass molds. Only disadvantage is there heavy. I keep them to 2 cav anymore as 4 cav brass molds can be a workout in a long session.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreo View Post
    I am working on a 220gr version but the way these group buys go, that one is still at least a year out.
    This at 1000 or so FPS will be a great woods boolit if we can get it to stabilize!
    See Some of My Holster Work Here:
    www.whitetigerleatherworks.com

Lyman has the 401638 175gr with a nice fat lube groove, I've gotten them up to 1300fps without any problems in my glock. Good design.
    Last edited by mannyCA; 08-03-2014 at 06:51 PM.
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
    -Thomas Jefferson
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Buddy
    I've had my Glock 20 for going on 25 years and one of my standard cast boolits is a 200gr TCBB SAECO design, dropped from a mould that I picked up from LETS (Leading Edge Tool Service) just before Tom closed up shop. That particular mould is listed as #047 and it's probably still available from Redding who now handles SAECO boolit moulds. Unfortunately, while SAECO moulds are well made and drop excellent boolits, they are rather expensive - two cav running around $146 and four cav running about $245 - and they require the use of SAECO brand handles. But back when I bought this mould, as well as several others, SAECO was one of the best available, since mould producers such as MiHec, NOE, etc, etc, had yet to come on the market. Plus Tom gave me a heck of a good deal since he wanted to clear out his inventory before he closed up the LETS business. This particular boolit, the 200gr TCBB SAECO, along with its little brother, the #043 170gr TCBB SAECO, have been the standard fodder for my Glock 20 for many years and in actual fact, I don't recall shooting more than 50 rounds of commercial since I bought this handgun. With the advent of MiHec and NOE, my Glock 22 is now fed a diet of several different designs from these two great companies and even the Glock 20 gets some of them. But for a heavy boolit I still depend on that 200gr TCBB SAECO design, commonly driven by an appropriate charge of AA#7.

sleeper1428

Boolit Bub
    Check out the RCBS 2-Cavity Bullet Mold 10mm-200-SWC 40 S&W, 10mm (401 Diameter) 200 Grain Semi-Wadcutter. I has worked great for me in my G20, you wont have to wait for a custom mold
    and can be casting as soon as it get to your door. Unfortantly, you will have to buy a set of handles
    if you dont already own a RCBS mold. Midway has this mold on sale right now. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/224...g#ReviewHeader

Boolit Buddy
    I second the RCBS 200. It works real well in my 40s and Glock 10mm.

Boolit Master
    I used the RCBS before I got my MIHEC and it is a good choice if you don't want. To wait.
    See Some of My Holster Work Here:
    www.whitetigerleatherworks.com

Boolit Buddy
    To be honest I'm not intersted to put up so much money in a 2 cav mould when I can get a 4, 5 or 6 cav for less money from one of the custom mould makers. They also offers about the same designs as RCBS. Accurate moulds offer many designs but I've never tried a mould from him. I have 7 or 8 from NOE and I am impressed with the quality and customer service.

Boolit Buddy
    I contacted Miha and ordered a 4 cav brass mould. The 170/150 gr with WFN or HP. Thank you all for good advice. I guess I have to read up on casting HPs. I have never tried that before. For competition I guess the WFN will be used. HP is not allowed at my indoor range

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast