RotoMetals2WidenersReloading EverythingLee Precision
RepackboxLoad DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Amerimax in Canada

Banned

No Amerimax in Canada (UPDATE)

So trying to find Amerimax 68104 in Canada is about impossible, finding anything in .014 aluminum is impossible.

Anybody willing to help me out. Amazon wants $36 for shipping. I'm sure it cant be that much.

I would forever be grateful, more than willing to pay up front.

Thanks

Eck
    Last edited by cdngunner; 08-01-2014 at 08:44 PM.

Boolit Master
    I wonder how thick the aluminum beer cans that have the screw on tops are these days. The plain cans are .004" which work fine for plain base GC's and back when I made GC's for molds that had a GC bases I remember thinking about trying this. Just a thought as you venture on with material.

right in the middle of england"birthplace of the industrial revolution"
    Quote Originally Posted by cdngunner View Post
    So trying to find Amerimax 68104 in Canada is about impossible, finding anything in .014 aluminum is impossible.

Anybody willing to help me out. Amazon wants $36 for shipping. I'm sure it cant be that much.

I would forever be grateful, more than willing to pay up front.

Thanks

Eck
    hi, i can do better than that,you can buy .014" coil direct from the coilandfoil.com website.yonky
    Sir Winston Churchill said "You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else."

Boolit Buddy
    And it is already cut to the correct width you want and need, and he has many more thickness than .014". He ships from the UK or the US, which ever is more economical, and fast. And I'm betting the shipping is a lot less than Amazon's $36.00. www.coilandfoil.com

Quote Originally Posted by yonky View Post
    hi, i can do better than that,you can buy .014" coil direct from the coilandfoil.com website.yonky
    Try being informed instead of just opinionated.
    Sometimes it is better to just smile and walk away.

You can always tell a Handloader, by his unceasing quest for spent brass.

+1 for coilandfoil.com
    John

Banned
    Coilandfoil is still $60 for 240'....that's about 10 sq feet.

Amerimax is about $20 for 25 square feet. I either have to source some here or hop the ditch over to Buffalo.....

Boolit Buddy
    Here's a down to earth tool used by fatbeeman. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnPE7d8l4QY

-tj

Yonky is first rate, would buy from him again.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Banned
    Yah you Yanks have it easy since he ships from within the US....He wants to ship my stuff from England, that said, it was probably a fair price for shipping stuff from overseas.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cdngunner View Post
    Yah you Yanks have it easy since he ships from within the US....He wants to ship my stuff from England, that said, it was probably a fair price for shipping stuff from overseas.
    Hello fellow Canuck!

I have found that most cladding for industrial piping has .016" aluminum sheeting. I have been lucky enough to get some from the local tin bashers (sheet metal workers) at a pulp mill. They gave me a bunch from some scrap piping they took down.
    theres an idea for you.

Living in Alberta, I was also lucky to get 10- 3 foot X 3 foot brand new .016" thick, sheets of aluminum for free! There was a local piping contractor who had some left after a contract with an oilfield company! Major find!

I use the Free Chex gascheck maker, and it forms great gaschecks with the .016" material. I hope this gives you some ideas of where you may find some material.

right in the middle of england"birthplace of the industrial revolution"
    Why don't you post in the group buy section to see if there's anyone else interested in Canada ? I can do you a good discount for a bulk order of around 20-30lbs, just a thought.
    Sir Winston Churchill said "You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else."

Banned
    Unfortunately the spirit of self reliance is not as prevalent here as in the states.

People don't want to be bothered and rather buy the checks themselves.

I know of only one other person in my vicinity that makes his own checks.

Quote Originally Posted by elwood4884 View Post
    +1 for coilandfoil.com
    +2 on that. He's a good man with a great product.
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

Banned
    Alright, found some aluminum in the car repair section to hold me over.

Here in Canada we do not have Amerimax but we do have Euramax. These two companies are sister companies. You can special order the "Euramax" 68106 through Lowes. I will try to accomplish this tomorrow and will report back.

Euramax lists the 68106 as their "standard" thickness of 0.014. their econo is 0.092 and their comertial grade is 0.0167
    Last edited by cdngunner; 08-01-2014 at 08:56 PM.

Banned
    Ordered at Lowes......Lowes could not place the order cause the place was not open.

To be continued next week.....

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by yonky View Post
    Why don't you post in the group buy section to see if there's anyone else interested in Canada ? I can do you a good discount for a bulk order of around 20-30lbs, just a thought.
    Unfortunately, as I told you when I inquired about your product shipped to Canada, we have no cheap shipping options in canada to redistribute the product. It's just not economical. It's a shame as I would love to use the supplies you sell. I've bought Amerimax from ebay. The .092" stuff works great for .35 cal checks with my freechex II.

Banned
    Just to drive home what he said

Amazon USA 68106 $22.03 + $7.19 shipping
    Amazon Can 68106 CDN$ 33.79 + CDN$ 36.41 shipping (keep in mind we have a Euramax/Amerimax facility in Canada)

Quote Originally Posted by sawzall View Post
    Unfortunately, as I told you when I inquired about your product shipped to Canada, we have no cheap shipping options in canada to redistribute the product. It's just not economical. It's a shame as I would love to use the supplies you sell. I've bought Amerimax from ebay. The .092" stuff works great for .35 cal checks with my freechex II.

Banned
    You can order Amerimax under the Euramax name through Lowes Canada...

The roll I got said Amerimax, Made in USA

Boolit Bub
    cdngunner

I live in northern Ontario as well and have been making my gas checks forever. I purchase roof flashing from Home Depot, that is .014". I buy it in rolls and have been punching out gas checks from this roll for several years now. Still have quite a bit of it. Works great.

In Remembrance
    For the last couple years Home Depot has switched to Gilbralter aluminum rolled sheet. Kept the same price as before but is offering thinner material .011 instead of .0147. so take your mic with you when you go shopping!

Quote Originally Posted by Hankster1962 View Post
    cdngunner

I live in northern Ontario as well and have been making my gas checks forever. I purchase roof flashing from Home Depot, that is .014". I buy it in rolls and have been punching out gas checks from this roll for several years now. Still have quite a bit of it. Works great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast