Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Load DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Repackbox
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Indiana Whitetail 2014

Fantastic! Yup, Indiana laws are pretty ridiculous. I typically stick with my black powder rifles, but been working on a 45 Colt load as well. Here's my new cast boolit hammer for 2014 Deer Season!

That's a 330gr Gould Express boolit, casting about 340 grains with my alloy and sized down to .454 to be loaded in a 45 Colt case. I am getting ready to pick some brains on a good load for my 16" Contender Carbine, but was pretty impressed with my first attempt using 9.2gr Unique. Blew through 10-inches worth of seasoned maple and left a half-dollar hole in the back!

Great looking bullet Anonym!

Let us know what kind of load you end up with.

what kind of buttstock do you have on your contender?
    The road less traveled ain't for the faint of heart

Thanks! It's just the factory plastic stock. Perfectly utilitarian!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonym View Post
    Fantastic! Yup, Indiana laws are pretty ridiculous. I typically stick with my black powder rifles, but been working on a 45 Colt load as well. Here's my new cast boolit hammer for 2014 Deer Season!

That's a 330gr Gould Express boolit, casting about 340 grains with my alloy and sized down to .454 to be loaded in a 45 Colt case. I am getting ready to pick some brains on a good load for my 16" Contender Carbine, but was pretty impressed with my first attempt using 9.2gr Unique. Blew through 10-inches worth of seasoned maple and left a half-dollar hole in the back!

10" of seasoned maple? Sounds like your load is more than enough for deer, elk or bear!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Anonym View Post

It's like we've unleashed a panther........

Your picture moves me. I really must try a contender some day. Never would have given you $50 for one, but then I shot with CBrick (XP100 and a Freedom Arms revolver), and thus began a different understanding of what a handgun is, and I find myself giving the 'Tenders a second look......
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by goodsteel View Post
    ....Your picture moves me. I really must try a contender some day. Never would have given you $50 for one, but then I shot with CBrick (XP100 and a Freedom Arms revolver), and thus began a different understanding of what a handgun is, and I find myself giving the 'Tenders a second look......
    A couple of my most accurate "rifles" are Contender pistols. It's a mind-boggling thing.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Thanks For the Post. I recently bought a 357 Ruger Carbine and was going to load the FTX for hunting season. Now, I'm glad I only picked up one box...
    The Hornady looked as if it may do the job. But it's obvious it's not worth all the hipe I've been hearing.... Thanks Again...
    ............(Lông Trắng)............
    (si vis pacem, para bellum)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123