WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Repackbox
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationReloading EverythingLoad Data
Lee Precision Titan Reloading

Thread: Plenty of Powder at Camp Perry

Plenty of Powder at Camp Perry

There was more reloading supplies at Camp Perry this year than I have seen the past three years. The prices were not too high but I did not consider them to be great bargains. CCI primers were $30/1000 and $140/5000. I bought 5000 SP primers, 12lb of Winchester 231 and 5lb Reloader 15 powder. There were pallet loads of IMR 4064, IMR 4350, RL-22, H4895, Bullseye, and many others. I did not see any Varget. It may have been all sold by the time I got there. There was plenty of 22LR but it was only in the high-end match grade such as Eley, RWS, and Lapua.

This was encouraging. If the November elections go our way there should be more improvement in the availability of shooting supplies.

Banned

Nice!

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    So this means one has to drive to Camp Perry to 'load up' on supplies that the manufacturers are only shipping there in volume instead of to their commercial distributors? Candidly - this sucks!
    Regards
    John

Banned

Sorry................I need more info. Camp Perry in OH? and is this a once a year sale? Details fo rthose of us unfamiliar with this. Or maybe it's just me.

Camp Perry is in Port Clinton, OH and hosts the CMP National Trophy service rifle and pistol matches, the NRA high power rifle, and long range rifle national championships. The vendor in the photos is Fin, Feather, & Fur Outfitters. For a complete listing of other vendors, go to this CMP web link. http://www.odcmp.com/NM/CommercialRow.htm

John Boy, you need not suck on anything. Place your powder order directly with Fin, Feather, & Fur Outfitters as you please, or not. http://www.finfeatherfuroutfitters.com/

Boolit Grand Master

CAmp Perry is in Port Clinton Ohio and Commercial row is open only during the month of the national matches. Commercial row is a group of buildings rented out to venders to sell supply goods to competitors and others. The pictures were of Fin Fur and feather a LGS in ashland ohio. There are many others here also Armalite, Rock River, Fulton armory, Springfield armory, pats reloading and DPMS to name a few. Also on base is CMP North store where tru mil surplass is available. when I was there I talked with a salesman for Fin feather and fur he told me they had sold just over 500 8lb kegs of bullseye the first 3 days they were open, this didnt take into account the 1lbers. They did have varget and reloader 15 when I was there. DPMS had uppers and parts at bargin prices ( buddie picked up a 308 upper complete for $350.00 or so. Armilite had an AR 50 with blemish for $2500. Pats reloading had surpluss powders and bullets very reasonable. Champions Choice from Tennesse was there with their line of goods. Champions shooters supply also. Primers most powders and bullets were available at some what reasonable prices.

Fin fur & feather has had primers and powder all along when no one else has. They have 4 different outlet stores in ohio, bought 5,000 primers & 16# of powder (unique/bullseye/trailboss) last month. I've bought 20,000 primers & 16# of powder from them every year for the past 5 years.

Pat's reloading is another ohio based supplier that has kept us in power (medina gunshow).

Champion shooters in columbus ohio has a blessing, they carry allot of high end firearms along with reloading supplies.

Stockers in warren ohio has also had primers/powder when no one else has.

The sportsmans den in shelby ohio is another vendor that gets in ammo by the pallet/primers/powder when no one else can.

It's nothing to take a road trip (200mi 1 way) and hit 5 or 6 places in ohio and spend $1000 picking up primers/powder for the year.

I don't know if it's because ohio has held the nationals for so many years @ camp perry along with the nationals for trap used to be at vandalia. Or because there's 10 major cities (50,000 people+) in a rather small state. But ohio has always had excellent gunshops and suppliers of reloading equipment.

The gunshows in ohio are up there with the best of them. Awhile back I was part of a rapid responce team for home land security. For 5 years & 4,000mi+ a month I traveled from state to state multiple times crossing the country. I'd go to gunshows around the country when I had the time. The ohio collectors show would easily rival the tulsa or reno shows. I used to live in houston (early 80's) & they would have an excellent show in the astro-dome. Now (last houston show I went to 2010) the local ohio shows in niles or berea put the houston show to shame.

For decades my brother & I have made a day of it stocking up on reloading supplies. We'd call around and line up vendors/shops/stores along with gunshows. It's nothing to leave @ 5 or 6 in the morning and be back @ 9 or 10 @ night.

Get some shooters together & take a road trip.

Boolit Master

GREAT ! A Fort Knox for reloading supply's & ammo, there should be at least one in every state !

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Forrest r View Post
    Get some shooters together & take a road trip.
    My thoughts exactly. Thats what I was thinking by inquiring about Camp Perry. I have family in Indiana. I could let them think I am coming to see them once a year. haha

Boolit Grand Master

I would like to hope this is a promise of things to come!
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

If you are traveling to Camp Perry for gun powder then you may as well sign up for the rifle or pistol Small Arms Firing School while you are there. Check it out. http://www.odcmp.com/NM/SAFS.htm