Reloading EverythingRepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWidenersLee Precision
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: More Cadet Talk

Boolit Master
    interesting about the revolver case ...in fact the chamber has no ledge to limit case length ,and as 32/20 cases work without trimming,I suspect the Nagant case may also work without trimming,being only 3/16" longer.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Retired_Handloader View Post
    Having a Nagant Revolver, and 7.62X38R Nagant cases (Graff's), I found that a Nagant case with its' thinner rim thickness will chamber perfectly.
    The HBWC Speer bullet, while undersize for my groove of .321", seems to expand well due to hollow base, and makes a really nice plinking load.
    Good info! I've stayed away from Cadets because of the loading issues. I also have plenty of Fiocchi 7.62 Nagant brass, so maybe now I will look for one.
    Isn't this how it works? Own a box of empty cases, so have to buy a rifle for 'em!

Boolit Master
    Quite a few of these old Cadets will chamber a 32/20 -- EXCEPT for the rim thickness.
    also seen numerous 92 winchesters rebarrelled with spare martini cadet barrels and despite the (real or imaginary) discrepancy in sizes they shot fine

as a youngster I remember seeing adverts for cadets for 3 pound ten shillings (7 bucks) half my weeks wage at the time so I spose its all relative - take your pick of rifles out of a barrel full of em - walk down the street with it over your shoulder and not get arrested

Boolit Master
    Generally the early delivery Greeners will take a 32/20 as issued,the later delivery second model BSA s wont,and its necessary to remove the barrel ,deepen the rim recess and refit ......due to the small 3/4" tenon thread ,the barrel unscrews easily .....whole job takes a few minutes.....At one time the guns were recessed with a special pull reamer ,for sale on the US market.Operation took maybe a minute.

South of the Equator and North of Capricorn
    Quote Originally Posted by fgd135 View Post
    Good info! I've stayed away from Cadets because of the loading issues. I also have plenty of Fiocchi 7.62 Nagant brass, so maybe now I will look for one.
    Isn't this how it works? Own a box of empty cases, so have to buy a rifle for 'em!

What issues , never had a problem with reloading for my 310 martini cadet.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314