RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionWidenersLoad DataReloading Everything
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Evil Twins Mauser and Mosin

On an island in a lake in a rainforest of liberals
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mosin Nagant 300 win mag extractor relief cut the 45 degree part 3-12-2014.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	121724

Making the extractor relief cut on the Mosin Nagant breech is done on the mill, not the lathe. The Sav 99 and Win 1885 are a bigger pain, but the 98 Mauser and the Rem 700 are no trouble at all.

clark,
    how hard was the 45/70 conversion? I did a 300 wsm on my last budda'd sporter. is it single shot or mag fed, I extended the notch in mag forward to accept the wsm case

Boolit Mold
    Nice rifles guys. Love me some Mausers, I'm a big fan of the Enfield... and I will always have a soft spot for Mosins... as that was my first milsurp. Finn Mosins are great. I had an M39 that I sold like an idiot. I regret letting that one go.

Boolit Master

I've come up with a Mauser Vergueiro since these were posted. Neat rifle and the barrel appears to be in good shape. It has some pitting under the wood but internally looks ok. Will be keeping the loads light in it. First time I shot it, it was showing promise. I have rounds loaded for it just haven't been able to properly evaluate it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by shoggoth80 View Post
    Nice rifles guys. Love me some Mausers, I'm a big fan of the Enfield... and I will always have a soft spot for Mosins... as that was my first milsurp. Finn Mosins are great. I had an M39 that I sold like an idiot. I regret letting that one go.

On an island in a lake in a rainforest of liberals
    Quote Originally Posted by pacomdiver View Post
    clark,
    how hard was the 45/70 conversion? I did a 300 wsm on my last budda'd sporter. is it single shot or mag fed, I extended the notch in mag forward to accept the wsm case
    OK with what I did 10 years ago making a single shot 45/70.
    I have this year made single shot 223 Mosin with manual lifter, and 7mmRemMag repeater.
    I am working on a 300 Win Mag repeater, but it has the same problem as the 7mmRM, the unfired cartridges cannot be unloaded.
    I cannot make the ejection port any longer as the bolt uses both surfaces for camming.
    So I came up with an ejector by pass button. That allows the bolt to keep pulling the cartridge further back, and not get trapped.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12